The Garage Door Vandalism

passionflower

Verified Insider
Reaction score
We know that the garage door was vandalized and 2 young men
paintd over it.

IMO, I wondered why people would do that and want them to move.

Something has been brewing for years........

We know that the garage door was vandalized and 2 young men
paintd over it.

IMO, I wondered why people would do that and want them to move.

Something has been brewing for years........

I'm inclined to think that something has been brewing for some time. The level of anger it took to spray-paint the garage door of JAG's family indicates there might be anger towards the family beyond JAG.

As an example, years ago I had a neighbor who's teenage son was using drugs and hanging around with a bad crowd. The parents did everything they could do to try to steer their son away from the drugs and the friends he was hanging around with. They talked to the teachers at school, went to counseling, followed through with all the steps recommended, but their son wouldn't change his behavior. My husband and I had long talks with our neighbors, the boy's parents, and sympathized with their situation. If the boy had gotten into serious trouble, did something criminal like robbing a bank or killing someone, we would have sympathized with the parents because we knew they had tried. When the boy was in his early 20's he finally consented to rehab and spent a long time kicking his addiction. He's now in his 40's and drug/alcohol free.

What I'm trying to illustrate is that if you know a neighbor has tried to make a situation right and failed through no fault of their own, you tend to sympathize with them.

Why would the neighbors have any kind of ill feelings towards the parents? I thought that was such a close knit community? The garage door vandalism seemed directed at the parents.

I don't condone vandalism but I fully understand the anger. Hopefully the anger and outrage can be directed at a system that allows sex offenders free movement through multiple counties, doesn't specifically define how long a sex offender may visit a home without registering and doesn't make it a criminal act to allow an known sex offender to live in your home without updating their registration.

The anger was intensified with the knowledge of and details of the previous crime that JAG committed in the same home.

I don't condone vandalism but I fully understand the anger. Hopefully the anger and outrage can be directed at a system that allows sex offenders free movement through multiple counties, doesn't specifically define how long a sex offender may visit a home without registering and doesn't make it a criminal act to allow an known sex offender to live in your home without updating their registration.

The anger was intensified with the knowledge of and details of the previous crime that JAG committed in the same home.

No, I understand that it is uncommon for people in this close knit community to be so upset. This is normally a very nice community with lovely people living there.

I thought I understood the entire reason was that the parents didn't notify the neighbors of a RSO staying so close to the schools and trails. However, I think there is more to it now. The neighbors across the street and to the sides give a hint that they had wished the parents had moved out even before this happened. What's up with that?

Why would the neighbors have any kind of ill feelings towards the parents? I thought that was such a close knit community? The garage door vandalism seemed directed at the parents.

IMO, the garage door vandalism tells us a lot. The message painted in red on the garage door was "Chelseas blood is on you move out"

It could mean a number of things, but all pointing to JAG's mother and stepfather either failing to take steps to help JAG or contributing to what happened by their own activities.

Clearly, the neighbors are unhappy with JAG's mother and step-father and blame them too for the death of Chelsea.

The day after the garage door was painted (Tuesday - March 2), two young men came to the house with intentions of painting over the graffiti. There was an angry confrontation between the two young men and a neighbor. That confrontation was aired on the news media. There's no mistaking the anger the neighbor had. He wanted that message on the garage door to stay.

No, I understand that it is uncommon for people in this close knit community to be so upset. This is normally a very nice community with lovely people living there.

I thought I understood the entire reason was that the parents didn't notify the neighbors of a RSO staying so close to the schools and trails. However, I think there is more to it now. The neighbors across the street and to the sides give a hint that they had wished the parents had moved out even before this happened. What's up with that?

I don't think a close-knit community implies that everyone is friendly with every other family. It's close-knit by California standards where people typically drive into their garage and *maybe* wave at their neighbors when they drive past.

Do you have a link to the statements by neighbors?

Shows the graffiti on the garage door of Gardner's parents home:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...essage-to-Chelsea-King-Suspect--86208107.html

Confrontation when the garage door was painted over. (some swear words)
Neighbor Confronts Men Painting Over Vandal's Threat

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc..._Painting_Over_Vandal_s_Threat_San_Diego.html

The above links are to the local news videos concerning the garage door confrontation.

Trying to find another video with the longer interview with the neighbor across the street who talked for a good five minutes. I remember someone in one of these videos hinting at something about possibly Gardner's mother being known for running around the neighborhood half naked. Did anyone else catch that? I'm going to try to find it. I'm wondering if his family had a good reputation in the neighborhood.

Shows the graffiti on the garage door of Gardner's parents home:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...essage-to-Chelsea-King-Suspect--86208107.html

Confrontation when the garage door was painted over. (some swear words)
Neighbor Confronts Men Painting Over Vandal's Threat

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc..._Painting_Over_Vandal_s_Threat_San_Diego.html

Thanks for posting these links. I've re-watched the video with my speakers up to hear everything that was said.

There's a younger man there who seems to know the two young men who came in the red car to paint over the graffiti. As they're walking across the street, one of the two young men hands the younger man a can of paint and what looks like a pizza box. The two young men get in the red car and get ready to leave. The reporter asks the driver his name and the young man says "Josh." On the other side of the car, the younger man, now standing with a can of paint and the pizza box says goodbye to the two in the red car, saying "bye Brian, Josh.....you got my number"

So, I think the two young men who came to paint over the graffiti are friends of the younger man. I wonder if that younger man is a member of the family........perhaps the son of the step-father?

Hmm...that neighbor seemed pretty pissed off that they were removing the graffitti, he clearly thought it belonged there....makes you wonder if he put it there as well.

Wish I could find the local news interview with a Mr A...... who lived across the street talking about the garage door incident because you'd find that one interesting.

Now a tipster (relative? gf? ) told where to find the body of Amber.
I wish I would of copied the link!
And it has been proven that JAG's mother is a runner, knowing trails in the area.
She runs with Hash House Harriers.
So was neighbors mad at the free style way of living and JG there?
Something sent neighbors over the top.
Was JAG caught trying to get a girl there also???

I can just know understand what the neighbors went through knowing that a RSO was in the neighborhood and I may add (illegally, because JAG never registered at that addy)
2 days ago, we just heard that a RSO is living in our neighborhood.
Too close for comfort.
None of us knew, no one told us.........and that is the law.......you are not notified. They have all kinds of rights.
This guy is a pediphile and there are children here.
We are in a condo type neighborhood, the lady that rented it to him, says he will never hurt anyone.
I tried to sleuth and very odd........nothing comes up except his
sight on RSO sight.
No trial info, no arrest dates, convicted 9-1-09...........and no jail time????
45 and unemploye.......I have been burning!
Yes, I probably would write a great letter to the woman who rented him the condo! If anything ever happens here.
Maybe say the same thing on her garage door as on JAG's
mother's.

BBM

The part I bolded is still sinking in. Do you mean the crime he did time for happened in that same home where his parents live now?

Yes curious me - his first crime with the 13 yr old was in the very same house that had the message painted on the garage door.

Now a tipster (relative? gf? ) told where to find the body of Amber.
I wish I would of copied the link!
And it has been proven that JAG's mother is a runner, knowing trails in the area.
She runs with Hash House Harriers.
So was neighbors mad at the free style way of living and JG there?
Something sent neighbors over the top.
Was JAG caught trying to get a girl there also???

You asked the same question I asked myself. BBM

Yes curious me - his first crime with the 13 yr old was in the very same house that had the message painted on the garage door.

Some of the residents that lived there then might have know about it then? I think it was kept hush hushed though.

It was a terrible shock to the neighbors to have this happen. The details of Gardner's family role in the community may supply reasons the neighbors felt like they'd had enough. It's not all fun anymore, a beautiful young girl is dead.

Dec 27th, 2009 when that other jogger got attacked now seems like a gigantic omen that somebody violent and out of control was prowling the trails. I think the neighbors wonder why Gardner's family didn't start watching him more carefully then.

Given what we now know from reading the probation report, it's no wonder the neighbors are upset.

In the probation report it states that the 13-year-old victim ran from the townhouse with one shoe and her clothing disheveled. She ran to a house with an open garage door and the homeowner there called 911.

If that homeowner still lives in that neighborhood, I'm sure he or she has vivid memories of the 13-year-old victim running into their garage, scared and asking for help.

I'm sure that all the neighbors that lived there in 2000 knew about what had happened.........neighborhood gossip. Any that still live there are probably very upset.......they may have seen other things going on too. That one man in the video was so angry!

And none of the neighbors have come forward to defend the family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back