GUILTY CA - Amber Dubois, 14, Escondido, 13 February 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped from linked news article.

The bones of a 14-year-old Southern California girl who vanished more than a year ago while walking to school were discovered in a rugged, remote area.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/03/07/national/main6276303.shtml?tag=twitter

How sad today is for Amber's family. I hope they can find some sort of comfort being able to bring their daughter home and have a proper burial.
My prayers are with them.

Someone made a comment to me along the lines of, "well, how often does this really happen?" and I thought -- even once is too many times.

When will people realize these sex offenders are non-rehabilitatable? I mean, enough is enough already. RIP, Amber, and God bless your family. At least now, they can bring you home.

Sombody else's baby killed by the hands of some evildoer who should have been in prison.

I'm sure many will recall the headlines in February 2010 from San Diego County, California when Chelsea King, a high school teenager was abducted from a park as she was jogging. Chelsea's body was found along the banks of a lake. She had been raped and murdered.

After they arrested John Gardner, a registered sex offender for Chelsea's murder, Gardner confessed to the unsolved case from the previous year, of the disappearance of 14 yo Amber Dubois from Escondido. Gardner led investigators to Amber's body in a remote location 40 miles away.

Gardner had served time for a previous sex crime against another 13 yo teenager and then paroled. He had broken the terms of his parole on a number of occasions but was not sent back to jail. But he did have on a GPS tracking device for the period of at least, prior to abducting Amber Dubois in February 2009.

There was a task force investigating Gardners possible culpability in additional disappearances and or, murders. In November 2010, it was announced they were disbanding the task force and found no further crimes attributable to Gardner.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/nov/10/killer-chelsea-king-and-amber-dubois-probably-has-/#
Task force: John Gardner probably has not killed others

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

FWIW, that photo at the above link of the murderer, was taken as the testimony was presented of one of his victims that had escaped his clutches alive. She had smacked him in the face and she said something in court directly to the perp, 'did I break your nose?' {{creepy}} the normally docile defendent showed his *EVIL* face when she made the comment. (he was pizzzzzed!)

Anyway, it seems LE is now taking back the 'John Gardner probably has not killed others' statement and taking a further look.

It seems that going over the GPS data on the perp, he was tracked roaming REMOTE areas of the county at various times, including 3:00a.m. ????What?????

Although they haven't been able as of yet, to attribute any other crimes to this guy, he did talk about other cases, without implicating himself. Of course, then there are other cases, perhaps not mentioned.

It'll be interesting to see if they come up with more.

fran

PS...fwiw, I believe they've changed their procedure to evaluate the gps info. Believe it or not, the info was stored but not normally reviewed! :eek: That is, I believe, the crutch of the Dubois family's lawsuit against LE. They feel IF LE had done their job, their daughter Amber, as well as Chelsea, would still be alive.................I agree..............fran:(

PS....anyone who followed this case from the get go, IF you have any possible cases you think could be Gardner, you're welcome to bring them here to discuss.

http://www.760kfmb.com/Global/story.asp?S=13916323
Detectives to search &#8216;suspicious&#8217; locations visited by killer John Gardner
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chelsea King - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Archived Case - Chelsea King

Amber Dubois - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Archived Case - Amber Dubois

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/ois_gardner.pdf
Special Report
The california department of corrections and rehabilitation&#8217;s supervision of
john gardner
Office of the
Inspector General

Something curious about July 5, 2008. He was wandering a remote area of East San Diego County at 3:00 a.m. (within a 30 mi radius of Escondido). Then later in the morning, after 7 a.m., in another remote area about 30 miles from the first, he stopped and spent 20 minutes there.

Hmmmmm...................7/5/08...............must check into that date.

JMHO
fran

Detectives to search 'suspicious' locations visited by killer John Gardner

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<video news report at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.760kfmb.com/global/story.asp?s=13916323

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors