FL - Popular Band Teacher Killed Intruder, Then Was Accused of Raping His Students

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
He blames his depravity on the home invasion :furious:

Published on March 01, 2010 at 2:44pm

After the shooting, strangers saw him as a hero who defended his wife and home against a common . No one suspected that the shooting would be the beginning of the end of his own secret life.

Two months later, Miller was charged with sexually assaulting four of his eighth-grade female students. The man who emerged from those accusations was violent and cruel, betraying the trust of children who adored him, trying to frighten one teenager into silence after he brutalized her. While playing the role of father figure and disciplinarian, police reports alleged he was having sex with teachers on school grounds and molesting teenagers in the band uniform room.

Miller has denied all the charges against him, insisting that he only kissed one student. He's in a Palm Beach County jail awaiting trial. And since the alleged crimes occurred after the shooting, he's blamed his downfall on the night a stranger broke into his home.

"I haven't quite got my mind right since February 16th," he told a school police detective last year. "A man took six shots at me, and I killed him. And ever since then... I almost feel like I shouldn't have made it out of there. And I've been acting like that."

Lengthy 6-paqe article.....He's just another w/ excuses, IMO...and he wasn't just "molesting" teens - he was raping them. :furious:

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/201...man-then-was-accused-of-raping-his-students/1

this is essentiakly the modified 'abuse excuse'.

if this is his defense he's screwed....shooting a man in a home invasion does not turn someone into a pedophle or rapist, that's just plain absurd.

Why does this make me think of Dr. Bradley and his "hold-up and pistol-whipping" at the Beebe Medical Center? That happened the same year which LE is saying he started video-taping (NOTE: allegations started far earlier). Are these monsters sitting around waiting for something horrid to happen which allows them to open the floodgates to evil?

That has to be one of the smarmiest articles I've ever read. I don't know anything about that particular news source but I don't think the reporter did any of the victims a favor by reporting the gory details. No respect was afforded any victim or even willing participant. My Lord. I need to splash cold water on my face.

I thought from the first page that Miller probably knew all too well who Tomlin was. Just as I think that Bradley recognized the man who attacked him. Miller was out of control and probably ruined hundreds of kids lives. He's a classic pedophile and sex addict--what a combo. His wife sounds like a real winner too. There's no way this woman didn't know what was going on.

I also worry about the dog.

BBM ~ On the plus side the reporters are at leasat saying "molesting" rather than "sexual contact". It's a step in the right direction.

OR "in a sexual relationship". Yeah a ten year old is in a sexual "relationship" with a fifty year old I feel like screaming.

Both these guys were IMO hurting children way before either got pistol whipped or held up or home invaded. Yeah, good lookout too maybe the people that did this too both of them KNEW something. I wonder if the poor elderly woman who I helped after she got mugged has turned to a life of crime yet?

OR "in a sexual relationship". Yeah a ten year old is in a sexual "relationship" with a fifty year old I feel like screaming.

Both these guys were IMO hurting children way before either got pistol whipped or held up or home invaded. Yeah, good lookout too maybe the people that did this too both of them KNEW something. I wonder if the poor elderly woman who I helped after she got mugged has turned to a life of crime yet?

well if it was my grandmother............

I'm a little confused about a timeline here. So much of this happened last year and got under our radar. Here's an article about Heath Miller's cousin which I hadn't seen:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...her-heath-miller-phone-p051509,0,196675.story

This is from last May 14th:

"The cousin of Heath Miller, the H.L Watkins Middle School band director accused of molesting several students, was arrested Thursday afternoon after police said they tied him to a phone call made to intimidate a student who accused Miller of rape.

After accusations against Miller surfaced in April, Kevin Whitaker phoned one of Miller's alleged victims and told her to wash her clothes, investigators said...."

more at link

Found a great timeline. Isn't it interesting that it took almost a year for a full media investigative report to be done?

http://badbadteacher.com/heath-miller/

I'll save you the trouble, don't bother with the 23 comments. They're all about the issue of race and rape and have nothing to do with Miller or his crimes. If we pulled this garbage, the mods would have us outta the pool in 2 minutes!!

gotta love the 'he did it cause he's black' vs the 'he's acused cause everyone's racist' fools posting dont ya? seems like they deserve each other

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie
Back