Nigeria - An Appeal for calm after a massacre in Nigeria

believe09

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2010030...3luX2hlYWRsaW5lX2xpc3QEc2xrA2FwcGVhbHNmb3JjYQ--

500 People from three villages, mainly children and women, were hacked to death on Sunday by a mob of Fulani's, a Muslim sect. Fulani Muslims were warned two days prior to the massacre by text message so they could flee the villages. The group slaughtered is the rival Berom group, primarily Christian. Attackers shouted a Fulani word at the villagers who were rounded up-if the victim did not reply correctly they were hacked to death. There are more than 200 injured and being treated at area hospitals.

Groups are stopping short of calling this a jihad that is based on religion; the rival groups are separated by socio-economic barriers and tribes.

I'll never understand killing the women & children in the name of religion. Typically they have no voice - no say so - in anything....just makes no sense (beyond genocide but that's senseless too)

Believe--Thank you for posting this. I hesitated as I pondered whether this falls under "crimes in the news". In my opinion, this almost needs its own category. Genocide is unthinkable, unfathomable. I just had my 15 year old special needs foster daughter ask me why people were killing each other. How do you answer that question?

We need to be keeping a close eye on several countries in Africa right now. So many innocents are being targeted.

Thank you, again. And unending prayers for those touched by such widespread violence.

I'll never understand killing the women & children in the name of religion. Typically they have no voice - no say so - in anything....just makes no sense (beyond genocide but that's senseless too)

In these countries, it breaks the backs of the people when their women and children are raped and killed. Whole generations disappear and it minimizes the survivors abilities to replace the numbers....the cold hard facts behind it. It is the sole reason for genocide-to wipe someone else from the face of the earth rather than assimilating one another.

I think it is interesting that all leaders are avoiding calling this a jihad based upon religion. They are going out of their way to portray it as tribal violence. Which it may be-but it is obvious what they are trying to avoid...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back