Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Prosecutor: Abuse by retired officer could extend back 30 years

by Kim Fields
Idaho's NewsChannel 7
Posted on March 8, 2010 at 4:09 PM
Updated today at 6:27 PM

<snip>

We learned today in court Monday that the investigation against him dates back 30 years.

[Stephen] Young appeared before the judge through video conferencing, dressed in a dark blue uniform from the jail.

He did not make any comments and barely had any reaction when the judge formally read the charges against him.

Prosecutors say those charges include four counts of lewd conduct dating back to 2005, and as recent as 2008. The four victims are children ranging in ages from one month old to 21 months old.

We also learned that more charges are expected.

The prosecutor says they know of 13 people who have come forward saying they too were victimized by Young.
Young turned himself in after he retired.

And now authorities are learning the abuse extends back 30 years and more victims are being identified.

The prosecutor would not explain or elaborate anymore because this is an ongoing investigation. More charges are expected.

more here

http://www.ktvb.com/news/Prosecutor-Abuse-by-retired-officer-extends-back-30-years-86982387.html

Just sick over this.

(I think I need a cocktail now.)

My God, these poor children and their families. I would not want to be this man behind bars. A retired cop and Pedophile!?:sick:

What a sick man, 1 month to 21 months of age. I am astounded and am so damn glad he turned himself in.

see what i meant in the ayres thread about one or two victims coming forward starts a cascade of other victims coming forward?

My God, these poor children and their families. I would not want to be this man behind bars. A retired cop and Pedophile!?:sick:

What a sick man, 1 month to 21 months of age. I am astounded and am so damn glad he turned himself in.

Ohhhhhhhhhh, he turned himself in? I kept reading and rereading several articles and the link our TM gave us and was looking for how he got caught.

He waited until he retired? I doubt he'll get his pension where he's going.

That's weird he turned himself in. Often career cops will just blow their brains out if they can't live with themselves. Sorry to put it that way if it offends anyone. Then again maybe he wants the punichment of like ya said Sunnie of being a locked up pedophile who was a police officer.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and he was some kind of officer in several schools? Cha-low. The link indicated it was a grammar school and then he moved on up. Why? No doubt someone saw something they didn't like. Completely horrific. Sad. Vile. Unfathomable.

Filly--So, question. This guy retired and then turned himself him. The monster, Chris Bowersox from Bakerfield--the cop who got caught with horrid child *advertiser censored* and transcripts of conversations about murder and bestiality and little boys. He too was allowed to retire. What's that all about? With Bowersox, they had the goods on him in November '09 and even did a SW. They waited for him to retire about three weeks ago and then arrested him. I don't get it. Does the pension go to the family possibly? Bowersox only has an elderly dad and a male partner (I don't know if it's a civil union.)

Just curious.

how about the pension goes to the victim and they're families

I just re-read the article and there's an interesting angle. Young is accused of assaulting babies 1-21 months of age. I would assume that those are most likely relative children. I can't imagine him having much access to children that young as a LEO.

Then, he's placed in elementary schools, junior highs, and high schools and they think there's more victims. Indiscriminate, possibly? Not typical, that's for sure.

And kbl, I think it's actually kind of rare for victims to come forward en masse. Most see what's happening to the ones already in the system and watch from the sidelines. In many ways, it's there greatest nightmare come true. Either these kids are related and sharing the same strong support system or LE is doing a fine job of making this as painless as possible. I think for many victims, they just want the guy caught and hung. For whatever reason, many don't want to add their voice to the outcry. JMO

i doubt the victims from 30 years ago are related mz iz. if they are, then shame the heck on them for letting this guy around them

Filly--So, question. This guy retired and then turned himself him. The monster, Chris Bowersox from Bakerfield--the cop who got caught with horrid child *advertiser censored* and transcripts of conversations about murder and bestiality and little boys. He too was allowed to retire. What's that all about? With Bowersox, they had the goods on him in November '09 and even did a SW. They waited for him to retire about three weeks ago and then arrested him. I don't get it. Does the pension go to the family possibly? Bowersox only has an elderly dad and a male partner (I don't know if it's a civil union.)

Just curious.

Yeah Iz it's a big deal. First off you don't want him arrested while still a law Officer because it's gonna look bad on the department.

As for who gets the pension I think it varies in each State. Probably more in each city. Like here and sorry if I go into it, but here as soon as my dad died and he had only been retired a year. He died at 60. He was on 36 years. He dropped dead on Christmas morning and as of December 26th that pension got cut in half on my mom. So in that way they got a break by dad dying with only a year retirred. Plus she then automatically had to start paying for her own medical insurance. It's a huge burden.

Now as for a crime I am betting the family gets it. If they fired him nobody would get jack. Thus the department letting him retire if they were aware of it prior. OR he wanted to tell in the first place but needed his family to get the loot. I know someone in law that can tell me. I'll ask.

Nothing worse than a disgraced department. Nothing worse than working all those years and nobody gets your pension. Oh as for Bowersox his partner wouldn't get it. Well not sure what State he's in. Next of kin would.

We used to joke our family like "Daddy if you're gonna die be sure to do it on the job". If he had his heart attack on the force while maybe chasing someone or even just in the precinct my mom wouldn't be struggling like she is now. Horrible to say, but true.

Certainly none of that made sense. LOL I'll ask though. Usually they let them retire though if they're lousey criminals. That's a brotherhood. Although I don't think they'd ever ever ever stand by a baby rapist.

how about the pension goes to the victim and they're families

Man, this guy had so many victims what would they get? Like a buck a piece?

This guy is..................I have no words.

It makes me so sad to hear about you losing your Dad at such a young age. I lost my Daddy last year at age 83 and it's been a killer. He and I have wine and 30's-40's love songs every Saturday night. You'll notice I never post from 6-8 on Saturdays. Our time together and my crying time. He was a wee wily Irishman who gave me the gift of loving me totally. He was poor as a churchmouse--had many high profile jobs but just gave his money away. I do have his typewriter (as I've promised to write some day) and his driving cap. Drove a MG back in the day.

kbl, I'm not sure I understand your post. Why wouldn't these be relatives? The only other way I can imagine him having access to such little babies is if he's worked in the medical field--maybe EMT--or if his family ran a day care. What do you mean "shame the heck on them"? Who? The babies' moms? Maybe he's the dad or a relative. I'm not trying to argue but just trying to understand your position.

im know its hard for victims of scum like this to come forward, but if you are a stinkin relative he molested 30 years ago, why in the blue heck would you ever let him near other kids? that's my position.

im know its hard for victims of scum like this to come forward, but if you are a stinkin relative he molested 30 years ago, why in the blue heck would you ever let him near other kids? that's my position.

I used to work with a lady whose father molested the entire family. Horrible acts that you couldn't imagine. She said that one of her sisters lets him babysit for her. I asked how she could allow him around her children knowing what a monster he is. She said that her sister denies it ever happened. Maybe that's what's going on here. The victims may have been to so young, they don't remember it, or the just blocked it out of their memory.

well they didnt block it out totally if they are accusing him now

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/03/08/1109437/former-boise-police-officer-charged.html

"...Prosecutors said Young is estranged from his family, including his wife and family members are cooperating with the investigation...."

and

"...Boise police and the Ada County Sheriff's officials say the charges involved incidents in the past five years and did not appear to involve on-duty work.

Sheriff&#8217;s officials say all four victims &#8212; all children between the ages of one month to 21 months &#8212; were known to Young and the abuse occurred at various homes in Ada County between 2005 and 2008. None of the victims lived at Young&#8217;s home...."

If not relatives (note, they are estranged), then maybe day care kids? Or just another highly helpful grandpa-type pedo-perv all too willing to watch the babies?

If you do a check on Intelius, there sure seems to be a lot of young-sounding Youngs connected to this guy. One links to a private MS page of a 17 year old with a name connected with Young (right location, too) which says, "truth be told".

And the comment section of the Statesman has some comments about middle school and high school aged kids being creeped out by the guy. Where did he access the babies, though?

I hadn't seen this info anywhere else. The most probable scenario that I can see playing out is that these must be young relatives (grandbabies, possibly) who did not live with Young. Once his wife found out, estrangement followed. The only other things I can think of are if he is an elder in some church and visited in these homes or if he or he and his wife babysat in other people's homes for infants:

http://blog.oregonlive.com/nwheadlines/2010/03/retired_boise_cop_tells_fellow.html

"Disturbing developments coming out of Idaho, where a retired longtime Boise police officer has admitted molesting more than a dozen young children over more than 30 years...."

"....Young, 58, who worked for the Boise Police Department for three decades, admitted earlier this month to Ada County sheriff's detectives that he had sexual contact with several children, according to a probable cause hearing Monday.
There was no testimony in court hearings linking any victims to Young's job. He spent 10 years as a school resource officer at South Junior High, Boise High and several elementary schools on the Bench.

Prosecutors say Young first confessed to his wife sometime in January. That led to the other officer finding out, according to the probable cause hearing that led prosecutors to charge Young with four counts of lewd conduct with a minor under the age of 16...."

I still find it intriguing that this slimeball creeped out older kids. Even though he seemed to target infants, he gave off weird vibes to teens. That's actually a very good thing as many of those same young people will be parents themselves within the next few years. Maybe this will be an unforgettable cautionary tale.

Detectives search for more sex abuse victims of retired Boise cop

by KTVB
Posted on March 17, 2010 at 5:34 AM
Updated today at 5:45 AM

BOISE -- Ada County Sheriff’s detectives believe there could be additional victims of a retired Boise Police officer charged with lewd conduct with minor children.

The investigation into Stephen R. Young’s behavior began March 2 when detectives learned the 58-year-old had sexual contact with as many as a half-dozen infants over the past five years.

Young is in the Ada County Jail charged with five counts of lewd conduct with a child under the age of 16. Additional charges are pending.

After two more weeks of investigation, detectives believe Young also had inappropriate contact with other minors with whom he has come into contact with as a school resource officer, coach, friend or neighbor.

“We know that Steve Young lived and worked around young people on a daily basis for many years. We’d like to hear from anyone in the community who has information about inappropriate behavior he may have shown, especially toward children,” said Detective Craig Durrell. “It is important for us to talk with these other victims to get them any help they may need and to ensure that justice is served in this case.”

Young worked as an elementary school resource officer in Boise from 1995-2000. Those schools included Owhyee, McKinley, Monroe and Whitney. He was assigned as a school resource officer to South Junior High from 2000 – 2004, and Boise High from 2004 – 2006.

We talked a girl who was a student from at South Junior High from 2000 to 2003 and knew Young.

Nichole says that she saw him on a regular basis because at the time she had some run-ins with the law.

She says, time and time again, while in uniform, Young would make comments to her and her 12-year-old friends that were inappropriate.

"I used to always tell him, I might not catch you now and nobody might catch now for the things that you're saying and doing to the students at South, I said, but eventually years down the road something will come out and you will get in trouble. And he used to laugh and say, 'well good luck with that,'" said Nichole.

more here on the vile monster

http://www.krem.com/news/northwest-...se-victims-of-retired-Boise-cop-88148182.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back