Chelsea's Law and Other CA Issues

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
6pp3yb.jpg

He doesn't say what he actually proposes doing though, it sounds like he is planning to hold "meetings" to explore the issue (and in all probability not much else). IMO this guy is making political capital on the backs of the King's misfortune.

Kind of reminds me of where I used to work, where there would be regular meetings to plan meetings, the main purpose of which was to make the person holding the meetings look good.

He doesn't say what he actually proposes doing though, it sounds like he is planning to hold "meetings" to explore the issue (and in all probability not much else). IMO this guy is making political capital on the backs of the King's misfortune.

Kind of reminds me of where I used to work, where there would be regular meetings to plan meetings, the main purpose of which was to make the person holding the meetings look good.
I think very often this is the case. i have not decided yet whether he is capitalizing on tragedy or is well intentioned and trying to bring attention and change to one central and very serious issue regarding a ridiculous record destruction policy. It is still too premature to judge his motivation imo.
The hot button issue is that the DOC destroys all probation records one year after a defendant is removed from probation. this policy is due to the fact that they do not want to store all that infomration. but in reality , digital storage should be limitless and so this movement could have a positive impact on that change. I think Arnold has already acted on it.

California is an initiative state, where people can get an issue on the ballot with a petition signed by 10% of the voters. I've sat outside a supermarket collecting signatures for a local (city) initiative. It's long and tedious work, but worth it in the end if you can get it on the ballot as a ballot measure. This is what needs to happen.

If people wait until one of our elected representatives decides to do something, it will be years.

This is an issue that everyone will get behind if given the opportunity. It's going to take people getting a committee together, an attorney to write the legal aspect of the ballot measure, and lots of people in every county, but it can be done.

I thought I was the only one cynical of his "efforts." But maybe he'll come through! I'm just not sure exactly what he's proposing yet...

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/02/thousands-of-sex-offenders-unlisted/

John Albert Gardner III, arrested in connection with the disappearance of King, is one of 63,000 people required to register as sex offenders in California, according to the state’s department of justice web site.

Of that number, the site lists the exact home addresses of about 33,500 of the names. Information on an additional 22,000 sex offenders living in California is not provided on the site.

Discussing JAG ...Chelsea law etc on Larry King............

Her parents are on right now

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jul/09/states-resisting-adam-walsh-act/

It was milestone legislation hailed at the White House, the culmination of an exhaustive campaign by bereaved parents to help prevent future abductions and murders of children. Yet, nearly four years after the Adam Walsh Act was signed by then-President George W. Bush, California and 46 other states have refused to follow through and implement the law, despite its potential political appeal and the threat of losing federal funding for noncompliance.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime
Back