UT - Man faces infant abuse charges after getting pictures developed

mysticrose

The key to change... is to let go of fear
Reaction score
ST. GEORGE, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A man who took his film to be developed at a St. George drug store is now facing felony charges.
Police arrested Sergio Diaz-Palomino at his home in St. George Tuesday, after police were called to a Walgreens drug store. Officers say a technician developing a roll of film found disturbing images.
Police say Palomino had used a different name at the drug store, but store staff was able to identify him and direct officers to his home. Police say during questioning, Palomino identified the person who was taking the pictures of him and the infant.
Police are trying to find that woman now, to make sure the infant is ok.

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/sto...ges-after-getting/UksPvUtxYkCpMatiCUBh5Q.cspx

ST. GEORGE, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A man who took his film to be developed at a St. George drug store is now facing felony charges.
Police arrested Sergio Diaz-Palomino at his home in St. George Tuesday, after police were called to a Walgreens drug store. Officers say a technician developing a roll of film found disturbing images.
Police say Palomino had used a different name at the drug store, but store staff was able to identify him and direct officers to his home. Police say during questioning, Palomino identified the person who was taking the pictures of him and the infant.
Police are trying to find that woman now, to make sure the infant is ok.

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/sto...ges-after-getting/UksPvUtxYkCpMatiCUBh5Q.cspx

Some woman took pictures of him abusing a baby? Just unbelievable. I hope they both rot.

i hope to god this isnt one of those 'they took pictures of giving him a bath' cases and this is actually real charges of something that actually happened.

i hope to god this isnt one of those 'they took pictures of giving him a bath' cases and this is actually real charges of something that actually happened.

The charges are first degree felony sodomy of a child and sexual exploitation of a minor.

So I am thinking the "bath photo" defense would be a little weak here.

I am going to wait for more info and bail to be set...and then I will exhale.

Thank God he was stupid enough to take the pictures to Walgreen's to get them developed or this piece of wouldn't have gotten caught. Not lets pray they find the so called piece of Mother and the baby boy is ok.

So, it sounds like this isn't his child, but the child's mother was taking pictures. Since we haven't heard anything about her arrest, that likely means she is still out there with that child. Leaving him open to the Sergio's of the world...

The officers were able to subsequently make contact with Diaz-Palomino and positively identify him as the person allegedly seen in the sexually explicit photos with a child younger than a year old.
Van Fleet said Diaz-Palomino turned the photos in at the store using a different last name.
"The only thing they're trying to do now is contact the person who took the photos," Van Fleet said. "We do have a name but not a good address."
http://www.thespectrum.com/article/20100311/NEWS01/3110340/Man+arrested+on+abuse+charges

Does anyone know for sure if this is his child?

Here's the definition of sodomy of a child in Utah:

76-5-403.1. Sodomy on a child.

(1) A person commits sodomy upon a child if the actor engages in any sexual act upon or with a child who is under the age of 14, involving the genitals or anus of the actor or the child and the mouth or anus of either person, regardless of the sex of either participant.

(2) Sodomy upon a child is a first degree felony punishable by imprisonment for an indeterminate term of not less than 6, 10, or 15 years and which may be for life. Imprisonment is mandatory in accordance with Section 76-3-406.

Amended by Chapter 40, 1996 General Session

http://corrections.utah.gov/community/sexoffenders/76-5-403.1.html

HTH!

If they would put out her name, it would help....I get why they might be avoiding that so she does not harm the baby, BUT I wish they would do that....alot I wish this.

Bail is 42000-which means less than 5K will get this person out. This makes me anxious....

the reason i said that was cause why are they saying 'we want to make sure the baby is safe' well if mom is taking pictures of him sodomizing the baby, i seriously doubt the baby is 'safe'. she needs to be arrested and charged the same as him.

Its hard in cases like this that the death penalty is not required. This is purposeful abuse of a child, it should not be in any way be brushed over. I am sick of this. The mother should be arrested also and locked away. The bail is not high enough, nor is the penalty upon conviction.

Its hard in cases like this that the death penalty is not required. This is purposeful abuse of a child, it should not be in any way be brushed over. I am sick of this. The mother should be arrested also and locked away. The bail is not high enough, nor is the penalty upon conviction.

DBF & I were listening to the radio this a.m. headed to work & they were talking about Marion Jones & her 6 months in prison....He couldn't believe she only did 6 months for lying to investigators & her check-fraud....I told him that if he really wanted to be PO'd about something, be PO'd that baby-rapers & child-beaters sometimes get only that then probation....He couldn't believe that!! Yeah, honey!! There's "justice system" & there's the "legal system"....they are *not* the same!! :furious:

Not a huge surprise to hear he is the father....OMG I hope this little one is still alive.

So let's think about this-they drop the pictures off at walgreens under an assumed name, and some time between when that happens and when the police are called, Mom and baby disappear?

So are they on a planned trip or??? Police know who she is obviously because Diaz-Palomino gave up that information.

I just do not understand.

Has this always gone on and we are just now realizing how prevalent it is due to technology, or is this the new fad for pedophiles?

Is it because the babies can't tell? Because they cry? Because they are so innocent and "clean"???

WTF is wrong with people?

:cry:

I think people are attracted to whatever they think the payday might be for a picture of this nature.

Just think of the sickos with a digital camera that doesn't need to be processed. I can't believe someone could be so stupid as to take these pictures to be developed, but then again he is a pervert.

DBF & I were listening to the radio this a.m. headed to work & they were talking about Marion Jones & her 6 months in prison....He couldn't believe she only did 6 months for lying to investigators & her check-fraud....I told him that if he really wanted to be PO'd about something, be PO'd that baby-rapers & child-beaters sometimes get only that then probation....He couldn't believe that!! Yeah, honey!! There's "justice system" & there's the "legal system"....they are *not* the same!! :furious:

It really is all messed up. There was a local of some people that had hacked into a school's website and changed some students' grades and attendance record. The possible sentence was life, but sex offenders can abuse and violate helpless victims and they get a slap on the hand. I don't see the courts reflecting societies true outrage at these cases. Not even close.

Wrongly accused mother not yet reunited with baby
St. George » The woman faces an immigration hearing.

By Brooke Adams
The Salt Lake Tribune
Updated: 04/02/2010 08:05:40 PM MDT

The state's child welfare director said Friday he wants "more than anything" for a 9-month-old infant to be reunited with his mother, who was wrongly accused of sexual exploitation.

A 5th District Court judge will decide Thursday whether to return Alex Uril Vasquez to his mother, Alma Vasquez, who was released Wednesday from the Washington County Jail.

"What we're trying to do is get mom and child back together," said Duane Betournay, director of the Division of Child and Family Services. "I want more than anything for those two to get back together."
Vasquez, 22, spent 10 days in jail after being arrested when a St. George police officer deemed photographs she took of her son and his father as child *advertiser censored*. Her son was placed in state custody.

Advertisement
The photographs, turned over to police by a film processing lab, showed Sergio Diaz-Palomino kissing and cuddling with his naked son. One image showed Diaz-Palomino kissing the boy on his bottom and another appeared to show him kissing the baby's genitals.

Diaz-Palomino, 34, told police he planned to send the photos of his first-born son to family in Mexico.

Charges were dismissed after the Washington County Attorney's Office reviewed the photographs and found they showed nothing more than a "proud father with his son."

On Tuesday, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement deported Diaz-Palomino, a native of Mexico who was in the U.S. illegally. Vasquez also is an undocumented resident.

more here

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14811364

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam