Police asks help identifying the people in photos taken by murderer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donjeta

Adji Desir, missing from Florida
Reaction score
There is a thread about serial killer Rodney Alcala elsewhere Rodney Alcala - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community but I thought there might be people who could help on this forum. Do you recognize any of these people as missing persons?

http://www.ocregister.com/news/alcala-238591-women-murphy.html#article-photos

Deputy District Attorney Matt Murphy is asking for the public's help in identifying women, young men, and children in dozens of photos seized when detectives searched a storage locker that Rodney Alcala rented in Seattle. If you know who these people are, contact Huntington Beach police detective Patrick Ellis, at 714-375-5066, or email at pellis@hbpd.org. Images were shot before July 1979.

Well we knew perfectly well that he did not just stop at 4 or 5....all of them are chilling given the context but the ones showing the women with the cord around their necks and the ones of the children KILL me.

Well we knew perfectly well that he did not just stop at 4 or 5....all of them are chilling given the context but the ones showing the women with the cord around their necks and the ones of the children KILL me.
I didn't see any of those?
I was going to ask if he was a photographer since many of these pictures seem pretty clear to be that old.

Yes, he is a freelance photographer. So he might easily have lots of photos of people who aren't actually dead. I hope so anyway. But some of the pictures seem very creepy to me, eg. the naked girls with the bleak look and the photos that were taken on a dirt road (according to the other thread he left one of his victims on a dirt road in some remote place).

I remember when I was a teenager in the 70's being down at the beach and seeing a stranger with a camera asking teenagers if he could take their photos.

I don't remember now what he looked like, but I am wondering now if this was the same person.

O/T: I saw a news report on this and knew I could come here and the good WS people would be right on top of this--you guys make me proud to be a member here! I have not had a chance to look at the link, so cannot comment, but really wonder if we are going to find some of our missing in those photos...

O/T: I saw a news report on this and knew I could come here and the good WS people would be right on top of this--you guys make me proud to be a member here! I have not had a chance to look at the link, so cannot comment, but really wonder if we are going to find some of our missing in those photos...

I looked through them this morning, and pulled up about 100 MP females, teens and twenties missing in the 1970's. I saw a couple that were close, but I didn't think they were close enough to put up for discussion.

Very creepy pictures. You can kinda see how he directed the posing, one girl, in particular had her hands together, raised above her head. She wasn't bound, but you can tell how he wanted her posed.
I only looked at one child, a girl in a sleeveless dress. He had the sleeve to fall over one shoulder.. the young shirtless males...some pictures( I figure at his home)you can see flood lights and sheets hanging around ... creepy

A number of those photos appeared to have been taken in Europe - in one, there's a sign in the background in German or Dutch, possibly. It's not English. Also, many of the women have a certain European look. So there may be more missing persons in other countries if Alcala himself took those pictures.

A number of those photos appeared to have been taken in Europe - in one, there's a sign in the background in German or Dutch, possibly. It's not English. Also, many of the women have a certain European look. So there may be more missing persons in other countries if Alcala himself took those pictures.

Danish, I think. You could see Ud....ng af cyk... and I think it says Udlejning af cykler" which is Danish for Bike Rental.

Some of those dusty sagebrush photos with the junk cars in the background look like South Pass, Wyoming, though I suppose they could be anywhere in the dry part of the mountain West.

This might help determining area's these girls (and boys) came from.

Monterey Park, CA
Fremont, CA
Falls Church, VA
Santa Ana, CA

These are cities he has lived in according to public records. Although, like someone pointed out some of the pics could have been taken in Europe. Also, a couple of the pic's look like Nevada to me. The desert scenes, the lady on the motorcycle.There is one in particular that reminds me of the old 70's style hotels in Las Vegas from movies. However it looks like Ft Lauderdale more to me. SO I would guess Las Vegas or Ft Lauderdale. It doesnt look like Southern California to me especially with so many people around the pool. Looks more like Las Vegas.

This guy's been in jail since 1980, right? So we can eliminate anybody who went missing after that?

I've read some stuff on this and saw it on NG also...but I'm a bit confused. Do we know that he only committed crimes in California (and possibly Europe)??:waitasec: If we knew how much he traveled it and/or where it sure would help.

I think all of the above matches should be submitted.:angel:

The reason I say that is that I saw Hot Case 1317 on DN, it is the remains of a biracial female, 25-35 yrs old, curly black hair, dressed in a 1/2 white slip with tube top and a button blouse found nearby. However, the female was found in North Carolina but was found in October and presumed to have died 3 months prior...putting the crime in the area of July 1979. There's no photo or rendition of the victim.

The first two appear to have been taken in either Paris or Quebec. Le Point Cardinal at the Fairmont Richelieu in Quebec is a restaurant at a rather modern clubhouse that doesn't look like it has any brick in its construction. Le Point Cardinal in Paris is a rather well known art gallery.

I included the third one, because it shows a portion of a tiger drawing that might be part of a gallery display behind the woman. A couple of the dark crowd scenes also show modern art in the background -- possibly a party there?

Attachments

• le point cardinale.jpg
    le point cardinale.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 125
  • woman at le point cardinal.jpg
    woman at le point cardinal.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 124
  • tiger art in background.jpg
    tiger art in background.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 144
This might help determining area's these girls (and boys) came from.

Monterey Park, CA
Fremont, CA
Falls Church, VA
Santa Ana, CA

These are cities he has lived in according to public records. Although, like someone pointed out some of the pics could have been taken in Europe. Also, a couple of the pic's look like Nevada to me. The desert scenes, the lady on the motorcycle.There is one in particular that reminds me of the old 70's style hotels in Las Vegas from movies. However it looks like Ft Lauderdale more to me. SO I would guess Las Vegas or Ft Lauderdale. It doesnt look like Southern California to me especially with so many people around the pool. Looks more like Las Vegas.

Those pictures of the girls on bikes in front of some shrubbery look like Ft. Lauderdale, Boca Raton, Cocoa Beach? But definitely that part of the north Florida coast. The hotel looks a lot like Cocoa Beach to me, too.

I heard on the news hes thought to be responsible for murders in New York and New Hampshire also

No I don't believe so I'll try and figure out which show I heard it from and I'll let you know

The young male with brown hair on the blue background has a really awkward positioning of his shoulders. I made my hubby sit as if he had his hands tied behind his back at the wrists and then try to sit back or lie down and the natural reaction seems to be to lift the shoulders as if shrugging. Just an observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell