Memorial Service

TravelingBug

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Details about the PUBLIC service celebrating Chelsea's Life ~ Saturday at 2 pm

Chelsea's Light We learned today that 3 local television stations--NBC 7/39; KFMB, and KGTV will all be streaming Chelsea's memorial celebration live via their websites. This will give supporters outside of San Diego an opportunity join us.

They are doing that because of the huge demand and number of people who wish to attend.

Although this article incorrectly states the stadium holds 5,000, it's actually 6,000, and there's little question it could have filled several thousand more than that.

Anticipating large crowds of mourners and well-wishers at Saturday's memorial, the family of slain Poway High School senior Chelsea King announced that they are issuing priority-seating passes to her relatives, close friends and classmates.

Community interest in the event, scheduled from 2 to 4 p.m. at the high school, "has exceeded anyone's expectation and grows each day," King family spokeswoman Sara Muller Fraunces said.

For those still attempting to attend in person whether you do or don't have a priority pass to be sure you get in:

A fleet of school buses will provide shuttle service for those who want to park off-site, starting at 12:30 p.m. Riders will be asked to show a special pass to ride the buses, but details about how the public would get passes was not available at press time.

Four locations have been selected for the shuttles: Lake Poway, 14644 Lake Poway Road; Living Way Church, 13609 Twin Peaks Road; Christian Life Assembly, 14047 Twin Peaks Road; and an empty lot near Fire Station #2, off Espola Road and Westling Court in the Old Coach area.

According to Purvis, the buses will make a continual loop to pick up passengers and will also check for those who might arrive after 2 p.m.

On Wednesday, parents Kelly and Brent King posted the notice:

“It is our wish to hold Chelsea’s memorial celebration at Poway High School where she spent almost four years developing special relationships with students and faculty. Because the Poway High School stadium has limited capacity, it has become necessary to issue passes to ensure that Chelsea’s friends, family and the Poway High School community are able to share in her celebration firsthand. We never anticipated that so many people would want to honor Chelsea in this way, and very much wish we could accommodate every single person. We apologize if that turns out not to be the case. Thank you for your understanding and support."

On their Chelsea's Light website there has been the suggestion that in lieu of flowers (which are not being accepted at Poway High) that people put up special blue ribbons (the pattern to print is available on the Chelsea's Light facebook page) in her memory to bring awareness.

From Susan W. Event Coordinator: “We have approximately 1000 passes to distribute to the public for Chelsea’s Memorial tomorrow at 2:00pm. These passes will be distributed first come, first serve, at a volunteer table located outside of Poway High School from 3:30pm-7:00pm today. Shuttle information will be provided on the passes. Limit 2 per person."

I just saw this posted on Chelsea's Light on facebook....i hope it's okay to share it here....
it's so incredibly sad and heartbreaking.....but somehow comforting to think of it this way....i dunno.....i don't know what else to say....it has to be the worst pain imaginable.....
here it is.....

To my Dearest Family and Friends
Some things I'd like to say...
but first of all, to let you know, that I arrived okay.
I'm writing this from heaven. Here I dwell with God above.
Here, there's no more tears of sadness; here is just eternal love.... See More
Please do not be unhappy just because I'm out of sight.
Remember that I'm with you every morning, noon and night.
That day I had to leave you when my life on earth was through,
God picked me up and hugged me and He said, "I welcome you."
It's good to have you back again; you were missed while you were gone.
As for your dearest family, they'll be here later on.
I need you here badly; you're part of my plan.
There's so much that we have to do, to help our mortal man."
God gave me a list of things, that he wished for me to do.
And foremost on the list, was to watch and care for you.
And when you lie in bed at night, the day's chores put to flight.
God and I are closest to you....in the middle of the night.
When you think of my life on earth, and all those loving years
because you are only human, they are bound to bring you tears.
But do not be afraid to cry; it does relieve the pain.
Remember there would be no flowers, unless there was some rain.
I wish that I could tell you all that God has planned.
But if I were to tell you, you wouldn't understand.
But one thing is for certain, though my life on earth is o'er.
I'm closer to you now, than I ever was before.
There are many rocky roads ahead of you and many hills to climb;
but together we can do it by taking one day at a time.
It was always my philosophy and I'd like it for you too...
that as you give unto the world, the world will give to you.
If you can help somebody who's in sorrow and pain,
then you can say to God at night......"My day was not in vain."
And now I am contented....that my life has been worthwhile,
knowing as I passed along the way, I made somebody smile.
So if you meet somebody who is sad and feeling low,
just lend a hand to pick him up, as on your way you go.
When you're walking down the street, and you've got me on your mind;
I'm walking in your footsteps only half a step behind.
And when it's time for you to go.... from that body to be free,
remember you're not going.....you're coming here to me.

Ruth Ann Mahaffey (author)
©Copyright 1998-2007

I just saw this posted on Chelsea's Light on facebook....i hope it's okay to share it here....
it's so incredibly sad and heartbreaking.....but somehow comforting to think of it this way....i dunno.....i don't know what else to say....it has to be the worst pain imaginable.....
here it is.....

To my Dearest Family and Friends
Some things I'd like to say...
but first of all, to let you know, that I arrived okay.
I'm writing this from heaven. Here I dwell with God above.
Here, there's no more tears of sadness; here is just eternal love.... See More
Please do not be unhappy just because I'm out of sight.
Remember that I'm with you every morning, noon and night.
That day I had to leave you when my life on earth was through,
God picked me up and hugged me and He said, "I welcome you."
It's good to have you back again; you were missed while you were gone.
As for your dearest family, they'll be here later on.
I need you here badly; you're part of my plan.
There's so much that we have to do, to help our mortal man."
God gave me a list of things, that he wished for me to do.
And foremost on the list, was to watch and care for you.
And when you lie in bed at night, the day's chores put to flight.
God and I are closest to you....in the middle of the night.
When you think of my life on earth, and all those loving years
because you are only human, they are bound to bring you tears.
But do not be afraid to cry; it does relieve the pain.
Remember there would be no flowers, unless there was some rain.
I wish that I could tell you all that God has planned.
But if I were to tell you, you wouldn't understand.
But one thing is for certain, though my life on earth is o'er.
I'm closer to you now, than I ever was before.
There are many rocky roads ahead of you and many hills to climb;
but together we can do it by taking one day at a time.
It was always my philosophy and I'd like it for you too...
that as you give unto the world, the world will give to you.
If you can help somebody who's in sorrow and pain,
then you can say to God at night......"My day was not in vain."
And now I am contented....that my life has been worthwhile,
knowing as I passed along the way, I made somebody smile.
So if you meet somebody who is sad and feeling low,
just lend a hand to pick him up, as on your way you go.
When you're walking down the street, and you've got me on your mind;
I'm walking in your footsteps only half a step behind.
And when it's time for you to go.... from that body to be free,
remember you're not going.....you're coming here to me.

Ruth Ann Mahaffey (author)
©Copyright 1998-2007

A beautiful poem! It's both sad, yet joyful and comforting.

rom Susan W. Event coordinator: At this point, all passes for friends, family, community members, searchers, law enforcement, Poway High School staff ,students, San Diego Youth symphony and the general public have been distributed. We are looking forward to a safe, amazing celebration of Chelsea’s life that will provide the King Family with the love and support they will need.

Family entering with a few special guests (officiant, Pastor Harry Kuehl, etc.) to the SD Youth Orchestra or PHS orchestra (can't see who's conducting) - KFMB.com has the better sound and visual.

PHS principal, Scott Fisher welcomes everyone, JROTC colour guard enters with the flag.

Principal Fisher talks about the magic that Chelsea brought to the world, and how that's seen in the public outpouring of support. He's so proud of the Poway community, especially those on the PHS campus, in the way the students have rallied together for awareness, support, and standing alongside the family and those who are mourning; and that that's been seen in how other communities have rallied around, as well.

The support that has been given, if named individually, for those who helped during searches, for this memorial, etc., he says they would be there until well after sunset. The light that Chelsea brought to this campus and this community must never be extinguished, and he wants that same spirit to continue on into the future.

Pastor Harry Kuehl (The Church at Rancho Bernardo) is the officiant. He says that the support and people there today have been a huge support to Chelsea's family and the whole community.

Harry prays, acknowledging the brokenness in our world, and that because of all of the wonderful characteristics and attributes and beauty in who He created Chelsea to be, that we not only mourn and are sad at Chelsea's loss, but sometimes mad about it, as well. He prays that God would grant Chelsea's family and friends an overwhelming comfort and peace, and then to empower us (everyone) to do something, and to carry on the light that Chelsea chose to shine to try to change the world, and to do that ourselves and to make this world a better place. He thanks God for understanding the pain of losing a child, and for the hope in the death and resurrection of His Son, Jesus Chris.

Harry welcomes Chelsea's uncle, Chuck McCauley.

Chelsea's uncle, Chuck McCauley says that this is a community unlike any other community he has ever known, and he wants to say thank you, thank you, thank you. For the love and support given has been amazing, and if a community would ever get an award for its love and compassion, that this community would win the award hands down. The support, sympathy, assistance, etc., has been unbelievable. The SAR team, the volunteers, law enforcement, caregivers, churches, the media, the business community and on and on and on, will receive their eternal thanks. They never gave up and never lost hope, even when the result everyone prayed for wasn't the ending. Chelsea's family will forever be grateful for the love and support given. To her fellow classmates and friends, she loved you so much, and don't forget that. To her teachers and counselors and PHS staff, thank you for providing her the opportunity to grow and flourish and become the brilliant person she came to be. She was a Titan (their mascot) through and through. Finally, sincere thanks to Superintendent Don Phillips, and Principal Scott Fisher, for allowing this venue for the celebration to occur. Although they asked for a lot, they were given a lot, and they are so appreciative of all that was done for this service and celebration of her life.

Chelsea's uncle continues. On February 25, their lives were changed forever, and thanks to the love and support, their hearts will begin to mend, and their faith has been restored. If Chelsea were here physically, she would be speechless, for probably the first time in their lives.

Yesterday, the family gathered to pay their final respects, and it was a time that we were reassured by the pastor that Chelsea is alive and well in Heaven. It's inconceivable that any one person could have touched the lives of so many in such a short period of time. It speaks a lot of her priority in life, her belief system, her ambition, and her never ending love for her family and all of those around her. Chelsea loves life and was determined to make it a better place for everyone. It's almost as if she knew she had so much to learn in such a short time. She was loved, respected, and admired. Witty, with a wonderful sense of humor. Her presence and contributions are already being felt as policies are being changed and new laws are being proposed to prevent this from happening to another family. Be assured she will continue to touch our hearts and lives in ways that we can never imagine.

Her uncle reads a verse from the poem, "I'm Free." He asks everyone to lift their eyes to Heaven and thank God for sharing Chelsea with us. He introduces his daughter, Chelsea's cousin, Stephanie Dorian.

(Cont'd)

Stephanie Dorian says that well Chelsea had all of these great attributes, she also was easily tickled and loved to laugh. She loved her school community just as she loved her family. Chelsea's in the hearts of all who celebrate her life today. She was a force setting out to change the world, and in her passing, she's now deeply touched a community that extends far beyond San Diego County. Her story has touched the world. She did not die in vain, and neither did Amber Dubois. Together these young girls are leading the way to a new era of awareness, justice, and change. They have become catalysts for a new generation coming together before our very eyes to say never again.

Stephanie Dorian asks for a moment of silence in honor of Amber Dubois and her family.

Family friends, Cindy and Marina Provinzano (sp?) are introduced.

Cindy begins, our family owes so much to Chelsea because she brought their two families together. When she was pregnant with Marina, Kelly walked into the same exercise class when they were both pregnant. They became fast friends, both first time moms to be. The two husbands also became friends. A lifelong friendship was set. Each of our families moved every few years, but we found time to visit. Our sons were also born at the same time. When we would visit, it was as if no time had passed. Our relationship with the King family is very much like this community's relationship with Chelsea. It is always there, even if you can't see it. You will always be connected. It feels as if we have lost something great, but she is only gone if we allow it. One of Chelsea's favorite quotes, "When one tugs at a single thing in nature, one finds it attached to the rest of the world." She tugs at us still and we are attached. This is only part of the story, and the rest of the world is glowing now with her light.

Marina continues, it is difficult to express the lifelong love of a friendship in mere words. She was first and foremost a friend, and has never met anyone with a kinder heart. Whether a month or four years had passed, their friendship remained a constant. That's what she was. A constant. If you needed words, a hug, or a laugh, she was there. Tells a story of Chelsea playing the James Bond theme song for her one day. She worked hard at everything she did, and managed not to lose her sense of the outrageous. She knew what she wanted, but she always had fun. She wanted one day to live in Chelsea England, on King Street, and play the french horn.

Pastor Harry says that several years ago Michael W. Smith wrote the song, "Friends" that says "friends are friends forever" and that describes Chelsea and her friends. He welcomes several of Chelsea's friends, but says their names so fast I didn't get them all.

Chelsea's friends (____, Tara, Emmaline, and Katie - I think - all fellow Peer Counselors). First friend, we became one of the rare couples during our junior year that could both date and be good friends. I remember our first date and how things flowed so naturally. She talked about how she had just read the 900 page Anna Karinina, just because. She was more than just an avid reader, and athlete, philosopher, and band-o all rolled into one. She put incredible effort into each of her pursuits. She didn't change in each of her pursuits, but remained herself. He will always remember adventures to various places in San Diego, having fun at dances, and the last lunch they ate together in the quad on Thursday, February 25th. Tara: She's always been shy and self conscious, but if you ever saw her with Chelsea you'd not think that. With Chelsea she could literally role on the ground laughing, run around Target in footy pajamas, and share and emphasize about their various mishaps. In Chelsea's eyes, your goofiness and weirdness always was endearing. Chelsea's beauty came from more than just her carefree spirit, but also her independence and desire to be her own person. In the past few weeks she remembers a quote that they both talked about before every cross country race. Emmaline: At the beginning of the year I decided I wouldn't begin new friendships since we'd all be moving on. I was afraid of saying goodbye and thought I was protecting myself. Leave it to Chelsea to shake it up. She bounced into my life, completely unexpected, and changed it all. She lists a whole bunch of things she'd do only with Chelsea. With Chelsea she could carry out activities without hesitation. Chelsea was always vibrant and bounding with enthusiasm. The thought of having to say goodbye never crossed her mind. It helped her realize to never close the doors on people because you never know what wonderful moments lay ahead, and to remember that every friendship you make will always be apart of you, no matter the circumstances and distance. Finally, Katie: Chelsea never was fazed about attracting attention if they were out goofing around and having fun. (She tells many goofy stories about Chelsea). Underneath Chelsea's quirkiness, she was a brilliant individual. She was always the first person to share her thoughts, with impressive vocabulary, in answer to questions, especially in her AP English class. She was intellectual and curious, and was great to have deep talks with, and inspired others to dream higher, too. She was organized and could juggle everything, and energy, excitement, and zeal for life was contagious. The Cheslea who taught her to laugh at the awkwardness and humor in life are some of what she will always remember.

Harry Kuehl introduces two of Chelsea's teacher, Tracey Barker-Ball and Kurt Lewis.

Tracey Barker-Ball first met Chelsea when she was a sophomore and applied to be a Peer Counselor. First impressions, she was a thoughtful, quiet, and shy girl. Last summer she became part of the leadership group, and she got to know her and her laugh, sense of humor, quirky personality, and her insecurities, and realized only part of her first impression was right. As a small group leader she had to choose a colour named to represent her small group. Someone wanted orange, her favorite colour, and chose yellow because that was light and brightness. So Chelsea made up a goofy name, Yammy Yellow. She convinced it was because of the yam. No one else associated yams with yellow, but she convinced everyone that yams were yellow on the inside, and just like that, everyone has brightness and yellow on the inside. (LOL) and that she would go on to make her Peer Counseling small group mailboxes (something group leaders do...and have since I was there years ago) out of yams. Ha ha. (This is fun, some cute stories about Chelsea!). Peer Counselors sign a code of ethics, and she fought for them and believed in them and took them seriously. She was kind and compassionate and volunteered to do community service, even if it meant sacrificing social time and study time, or sleep time. When asked by the Sheriff if she thought they ran away, she gave an unequivocal no. She loved her family too much and had way too many plans and was so considerate of others. She never would have done something to inconvenience others. Lists all Chelsea's great qualities and says she had one serious flaw. She failed to see herself how others saw her. In the past two weeks, we've seen community and spirit far beyond what she (T B-B) has seen there in the past 27 years. Chelsea would be embarrassed for the attention all brought on her now, and the loss of one of their Peer Counseling family members has been hard. In closing, she has a message for Kelly, Brent, and Ty. Thank you. We made some promises yesterday to keep Chelsea's light alive, and I promise to keep Chelsea's spirit alive in Peer Counseling.

Kurt Lewis (introduced as one of Chelsea's favorite teachers) remembers a speech he gave before the year began, and how Chelsea embodied the Titan spirit, not in words, but in deeds. She was a lovable goof in class; carefree, yet intelligent. She had an engaging but slightly bizarre sense of humor. She had a visual of 'cruel and unusual punishment' for her APUSH class full of horrid 70's music. Her favorite Chelsea expression when she was upset with him would shake her head and slowly say, "Oh Mr. Lewis.." He reread the college recommendation letter he wrote for her this last week and was upset, angry, and saddened. He realized that he had totally overlooked and missed certain aspects and could have said even more wonderful things about her, and included more things that couldn't really even be put to words. (He recounts things he said, but then expands on how he could have said even more). His own words pale in comparison to his own, he said.

He talks about her last paper, written for an English class, and how the words are a challenge for everyone now (and he reads them, but he's reading too fast for me to totally keep up). Parts of her words in that paper (seriously oddly timed/prophetic given her impending death): In pondering death, the fear experienced by ____ (someone in the Tolstoy book) grips me as well...How does one live a life a meaning and significance? A life of brotherly love and honest and respect of others. I believe it also includes a bit of jouie de vive, living for the sheer thrill of living, and upholding an unconditional positive regard for all (the Peer Counseling major code of ethics...or at least it was years ago). I must not live in fear of my own mortality, and live what I truly believe to be a noble life.

Pastor Harry is up introducing more people. He says Chelsea has taught us all tremendously. Jenna and Zoe, two of Chelsea's special friends are next.

Jenna and Zoe: We cherish the light you brought into each of our lives. And now we offer you our light. Asks everyone to raise their sunflowers as a symbol of unity and love for one another. We offer our commitment to never let your light in each of us diminish. Cool visual of all the sunflowers raised.

Either SD Youth Orchestra or PHS Orchestra playing as all the sunflowers are raised. They are playing a very beautiful and unique rendition of the hymn "It is Well"

Harry Kuehl asks, is it any wonder that the sun came out at just that moment? He recites the lines from the hymn, and that Chelsea would want us to say, "whatever my lot, it is well, it is well with my soul."

He says if you ever had the privilege of seeing Chelsea and Tyler (her brother) together, you had the chance to see one of the coolest relationships ever. He introduces Tyler who is coming up to talk (wow, I'm amazed he's really going to do this! Pastor Kuehl is standing there next to him and Chelsea's parents are off to the side)

Tyler King:
People ask if he's ok and he wants to say no, because the best thing in his life, Chelsea, was taken away, but she's so large, that it's as if she were here now. The Christmas of 2000 is one of the most memorable they had. They used to love to look for Santa, and she thought she saw him out of the window and she gets excited running around shouting, "Santa, Santa, Santa." She's carrying around the cookies for Santa, and dropped them and was upset, but they just saw video last year of it (from all those years earlier) and it turns out ::he:: hit her arm holding the plate, and all along she felt guilty when he did it. LOL. He says she often made him look a little silly, and she would tell him stories, and he would believe her, and felt silly. Ha ha. Very cute.

Now they're showing a video of Chelsea's life. I think this will be posted on the website eventually so I'll try to get it over here when it is.

Harry Kuehl: You only have to look into Kelly King's eyes to see the love she has for her daughter. Please welcome, Kelly.

Kelly King: Wow. I just have to take this in for a minute (and looks around). I wake up every morning now and I have to remember how to breathe. As I get out of bed, I have to remember how to put one foot in front of the other. And just when I feel these are beyond my capabilities, I hear Chelsea say, "Come on, mom, we have important things to do. VERY important things to do.

I tell her I don't know how or where to begin, and she tells me to take in the beauty we have around us and help others to see it, as well. Watch the sunrise, see the hope it brings with each new day. Let the music I've always found joy and beauty in raise your spirits and allow you to soar. Find knowledge and beauty in the written word that I've loved so dearly. Teach people to be kind to the world we live in. Laugh often and find the silly and goofy in every day occurrences. With laughter comes joy. With joy comes love. With love comes strength.

She tells me, "Mom, we have to hold our family closely and cherish them dearly. We have our friends to be strong for. We have our community and entire world to show we are coming together for one common good, to conquer evil. There are precious children we much work tirelessly to protect, and parents we must empower through example and strength. There are SAR and LE that we must support and thank continuously, and thank for caring more than anyone can imagine. There are teachers we must thank for empowering us and let them know how grateful we are for that. Mom, there are so many faiths in this world, you know how important it is to me that instead of separating us, we should live as one. Mom, you must let everyone know that I am still here. That my spirit and faith in everyone's ability will never fade. I will be by your side every step of the way." To this I reply, "You are right Chelsea. I will do that. I will take one step in front of the other, and with your help and light, I will start running. And it won't be just me. Look out at all of the beautiful people here to celebrate your light. We will all cross the finish line together."

You have all comforted us in our time of darkest need. I had no idea of the depth of human compassion possible. You stepped forward to help. You never stopped. You never gave up hope. We drew and continue to draw strength from your prayers, your hugs, and your tears and determination. Please stay with us on this. As Chelsea continues to tell me, we have very important things to do.

To the Dubois family, I can't bear to think of the torture you have been through this past year, and I pray you find peace. She and Chelsea and the other children before them are experiencing a joy and love far greater than the sum of the evil that have taken them from us. We have been thrown into a club, and I vow to stand with you, as our daughters strand together in Heaven. Our family loves you and thanks you from the deepest part of ourselves.

God bless.

Harry Kuehl: I have never, in my 35 years as a pastor, seen two families watch through events such as this with such strength and love. If the families here would like a window into a relationship of how a father-daughter relationship should work, all you need to do is watch Brent and Chelsea and how they were together. Please welcome Brent.

Brent King: To all the Poway kids who knew Chelsea well (he does something that apparently Chelsea did). As a father, as a parent, you dream of watching your children grow, experience, learn, challenge, and embrace life. You imagine their college days, wonder who the person of their dreams is, and what type of life they will build together. You never realize as a parent you also sign up for pain. The pain all of us are experiencing today is only measured by the depth of our love for Chelsea.

How do we as a community make sense of this senseless act. She could have run at a different park that day, a different trail, a different time. That wouldn't have changed this senseless act, just a different victim. We would never wish this pain on another family.

Chelsea loved words. The right words at the right time. She gave me a word to share today. The word is give. Chelsea gives joy. When we skied together with my brother's family, with Tyler, you could just feel her radiate energy and joy skiing down a hill. She gives her smile and it wipes away anger and sadness. One time she found a way to lock her keys - BOTH sets of her keys - in the trunk of her car (which she named Leslie). After 3 hours of drilling homes and cutting metal to get the bag out of her trunk to get her keys. She gave me a huge hug and said thanks daddy. As she got in the car to go back to school, I reminded her to carry her driver's license with her. She said, "oh yeah." and showed me she had her license with her, and out popped her THIRD set of keys. She just smiled. Chelsea gives her trust. She trusted everybody. She trusted everybody. She trusted me so much she befriend me on facebook. She gives me sunshine and I love her.

When this tragedy began to unfold I had to make a choice. I could choose despair, which would be the easiest choice. I could choose rage. Or I could choose hope. Because of you, I chose hope. Because of you, I will channel my rage and commit to spending my life making sure to help keep our community safe from evil.

Known sexual predators are NOT curable. The way we have chosen to live in our communities is incomprehensible. If anyone believes they are curable, let them live next to YOU and YOUR children. NOT ours. It's about protecting our children from evil. Pure evil.

I'm asking each of you to think of Chelsea's word. Give. Give your time, even if it's one hour a month. Give your voice, even if it's one email or vote or signature on a petition. Give your energy to help her light shine brightly. I love you angel.

Now they're playing a video recording of the song that was written for Chelsea, "Chelsea Runs". (Coastal posted it below!)

Pastor Harry Keuhl: You can remain standing for this. For history the white dove has been significant. I'd like to introduce Joe and his white doves.

Joe: Can I have Tyler, Brent, and Kelly come up on stage, please? Tyler, today, we celebrate the life of your sister and that she's gone home to be with her Lord in Heaven. Would you open the lid and symbolically release this dove, as a symbol of your sister going home to be with her Father on Heaven. (He releases a dove)

Kelly and Brent, since the day you were married, the Lord has blessed you both with His love, which you have shared with each other. And that love has resulted in your two wonderful children. Brent, as you said, we don't understand the evil that took your beautiful Chelsea from you and from Tyler. The thing we know for sure, is the certainty of God's love for you, and for Tyler, and for Chelsea. And we know He said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well please."

Together you made her into the wonderful person she is, will you together hold this dove, and when you're ready, release her to her Father in Heaven. (They release a dove)

You know my friends, at a time like this, we're reminded that we don't know the day, the hour or the year, but one day, we will follow Chelsea on that journey, and we pray, that like Chelsea, we will all dwell in the house of the Lord forever. We pray that in the name of Jesus. These birds represent each of us that will one day go home to Heaven to dwell in the house of the Lord forever. (Release a bunch of doves)

Playing Michael W. Smith's "This Is Your Time" (written originally for a girl killed in Columbine)

Pastor Harry Kuehl: How do you close a service like this? You don't, because there's still work to do. It reminds me of a story of a girl standing in front of a window when it was raining, and she kept saying, "Stars, stars, stars." He asked why, she said, because when the water hits the ground with the light you see stars.

Chelsea helps us to see stars. What needs to be done, the potential. As we celebrate her life and remember Chelsea, let us go out and do the work that we need to do. We need to make a difference and be the answer. We are the hope of tomorrow's world.

I pray that God will bless us and keep us and inspire us and make His face to shine upon us and give us His peace, now and forevermore. In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Amen.

Now, on the count of three, say, Chelsea, we love you!

Please go in peace, but wait until the family exits the stadium.

Ending with the song Chelsea loved, Vanilla Twilight.

If someone posts on the Chelsea's Light facebook page, could you put a link to the transcription here (people were asking in the discussion tab area)? Several people wanted to watch it but couldn't get the streaming and it might help them to be able to read it. Thanks

Moving...challenging....humbling....hopeful....loving....I am so honored to have known, if only through the media, this young woman and this family.

Peace and love and the blessings of life and the Lord.

Thanks to Travel Bug for summarizing the service so beautifully.

Chelsea Runs:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gyJnfsQBXA[/ame]

San Clemente father writes song for Chelsea
FRIDAY, March 12, 2010

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12131857

>>>snip

...Mike Speed has been writing songs for 50 years, but he's never had a song pour out of him like "Chelsea Runs," with touching lyrics he wrote in 10 minutes last Friday...

(article continues)

they even mentioned the memorial on the local news here in NM and believe me, they never talk about anything that they cannot find a local connnection to, so this was a true exception.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back