WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Let's continue here. Links and reminders are below.

Please continue here.

Thread 5

Thread 6

Thread 7

Thread 8

Thanks,

Salem

Threadiquette

TOS (Terms of Service)

Please keep in mind that rumors are rumors. It really doesn't matter how "good" your source is, rumors are rumors. Nothing becomes fact until LE or the Media present it as fact. All posts that do not include facts, should include the words speculation, theory or rumor.

Remember - we do not discuss minors, and in this particular case, we do not discuss poetry.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppyfrog View Post
Dear Posters:

We've actually been quite permissive in this thread in allowing posters to post about rumors they have heard.

Back in the day, we were quite strict about not posting rumors.

It's ok to go ahead and post rumors, but two things:

1. You must clearly label them as rumors.

2. They must not be so wildly outlandish that they are unbelieveable.

If you post something you got from another site or in the media, please provide the link, as always.

Thanks,

Hoppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppyfrog View Post
Peeps:

There is to be absolutely no discussion here at WS of the details of MC's parents' divorce. We've already stated that. And now we're stating it again.

Also, it is against TOS to try to guess or sleuth the identity of another poster at WS.

Thanks,

Hoppy
mod

Being Rude to our new posters or any poster for that matter, is against our TOS, if they ask a question you think has already been discussed just pass on by it, do not tell them to get up to speed before posting, that is rude and against our TOS. If anyone has a problem with a post please alert us to it in the top right corner. You will see a triangle with an exclamation mark. Thanks and lets keep focused on Mackenzie.

Do not drag any innocent persons--such as JF's relatives--into this discussion; that is part of being "a decent human being."

Do not post about posters who are not present. It's like talking behind someone's back, and it's rude.

Of great interest to me is that LE still has not found the site of the homicide. There is a 3rd crime scene missing from this puzzle. The most important crime scene.

Doing a map again of the key places we know Mackenzie went may help us brainstorm. I'll put one together and add it here in just a minute. For now, the key places include: 1. Beauty School; 2. Boat Ramp; 3. Mackenzie's car and 4. Crescent Bar property.

If we speculate that Pitcher Canyon is a red herring, where does that leave us?

Salem

ETA: Map of 4 key locations: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....364874,-120.147858&spn=0.403693,0.87204&z=10

This last paragraph in the mystery article:

“To the extent that none of the searches to this point have revealed where the actual homicide occurred or evidence pointing to a suspect, it would not be appropriate to release and would potentially hinder the investigation in the future.”

Says clearly that they don't know where Mackenzie was killed. Evidently, CBR was not the kill site. Ugh.

Of great interest to me is that LE still has not found the site of the homicide. There is a 3rd crime scene missing from this puzzle. The most important crime scene.

Doing a map again of the key places we know Mackenzie went may help us brainstorm. I'll put one together and add it here in just a minute. For now, the key places include: 1. Beauty School; 2. Boat Ramp; 3. Mackenzie's car and 4. Crescent Bar property.

If we speculate that Pitcher Canyon is a red herring, where does that leave us?

Salem

I'm right there with you, Salem. I've already done a map with those sites...is there any way to embed the map in a post?

Here's the link:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...3741092510424599794.00048116a405072a9636c&z=9

Someone mentioned in the last thread could they get finger prints off her neck from the strangulation...

Yes they can put her in a tent and heat up super glue and if there is any viable prints the super glue will stick. I doubt they found any since she was out there in the elements for several days.

I have been reading on the last two threads because I was lost in all the rumors so I didn't post. I'm thinking now there may be more than one perp. blunt force trama to the head, strangulation, and stabbed in the neck. That takes alot. I also will not rule out a female. A strong male could've accomplished death with just one of the causes of death. I'm thinking she was hit over the head was still breathing, so perp tries to strangle her, she passes out, maybe they still felt a pulse and decided to stab her. COD to me does not rule out anyone! JMO.....

I feel like a broken record here but to me everything comes back to where the body was found. I find it very unlikely that the killer stumbled upon Del Rio's duck blind while searching for a place to leave the body. I think this person either had ties to that property or was a hunter himself and had discovered it previously. This is just MOO. I would still like to know more about JF ans if he hunts

MACKENZIE COWELL TIMELINE
Confirmed Info Only - No Rumors​

09 February 2010 (Tuesday):

3:01 PM - Mackenzie leaves the Academy of Hair Design where she works, gets in her car, and drives away.

3:40 PM - Mackenzie's phone data indicate that her phone is at/near the Riverfront Park boat ramp. While there, the phone receives an incoming text ("hey") and replies with the same message ("hey").

5:42 PM - A cell tower bounces a signal off of MacKenzie's phone. This is the final activity on McKenzie's phone. Location has not been released by investigators.

8:02 PM - Residents report to Rivercom finding a 1997 red Pontiac Grand Prix in Squilchuck area, 2395 Pitcher Canyon Road, parked near a cattle gate, and they tell deputies the car had been there for the previous hour. LE uses the registration info on the car to identify Reid Cowell as the owner, who confirms that his daughter has been out past curfew. One set of foot prints led away from the locked car toward road asphalt. "Somebody got the car there and parked it without anybody knowing about it.” Mackenzie's purse was inside the car, but her cell phone, debit card with $20 on it, and gas card were missing. Initially, Washington State Crime Lab processed the car, but found no indication of anything unusual, and computers at both parents' residences were checked with nothing unusual found. Later, local press says that some evidence has been discovered in the car and sent to the State Crime Lab.

11 February 2010 (Thursday):

FBI Child Abduction Rapid Deployment agents arrive Thursday afternoon to aid in the search for Mackenzie.

12 February 2010 (Friday):

Investigators fax warrants to Facebook, Myspace, and Verizon. A team of 10 detectives search the Pitcher Canyon area and interview and re-interviewing all of Mackenzie's friends and family. Mackenzie's mother and the mother's boyfriend are also being interviewed by the FBI.

13 February 2010 (Saturday):

Mackenzie's body is found near the Columbia River at 156 Crescent Bar Road just inside Douglas County by someone walking along the beach. She was fully clothed and her feet were in the water. The Chelan County Sheriff's spokesman said "It appears she was put there by someone....We've got to find this monster. Anybody who is willing to take a child and commit a crime with that child is a monster." Investigators find evidence of homicide at the scene and inside the vacant home. FBI profilers arrive late Saturday to assist with the investigation.

15 February 2010 (Monday):

A task force made up of local law enforcement and FBI is formed to investigate circumstances surrounding Mackenzie's death. Mackenzie's mother tells NWCN (see video) that she's been instructed by investigators not to discuss the investigation with media.

16 February 2010 (Tuesday):

An autopsy performed by Dr. Gina Fino and witnessed by Dr Steve Clem, Douglas County prosecutor and coroner, and a State Patrol Crime Laboratory’s forensics team confirms that the body is that of Mackenzie Cowell. The autopsy also revealed that her death was a homicide, but the cause of death has not yet been released. Autopsy results will not be released until the person responsible is identified and charged.

Investigators ask that anyone who might have seen someone walking out of Pitcher Canyon on South Methow Street or Squilchuck Highway between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 9, call the tip line. Captain Jones of the task force looking into 17-year-old Mackenzie Cowell's death said the person who left Cowell's car in the canyon where it was later found likely walked on one of those two roads afterward.

18 February 2010 (Thursday):

Investigators released video footage of the last known sighting of homicide victim Mackenzie Cowell in a Wenatchee-owned parking lot in the hope that someone saw the teenager or her red 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix.

As law enforcement officials advise women to walk in pairs and be more aware of their surroundings, local gun stores report a spike in sales of tasers, mace, and handguns.

22 February 2010 (Monday):

1:36 AM - Someone at Mackenzie's mother's residence calls 911 to report "harassment/threat."

Police scale back task force and await DNA and fingerprint results from state crime lab. Evidence was collected from the Crescent Bar location and from Mackenzie's car. Wenatchee Police Sgt. Cherie Smith said, "But we still don’t know where she was killed,” Smith said. “So we may have another crime scene at some point.”

25 February 2010 (Thursday):

Memorial service is held for Mackenzie Cowell at Wenatchee Town Toyota Center. 1800 people attend. Mackenzie is remembered as "a bright, energetic girl who endured heartless teasing through much of her adolescence because of an underbite. She persevered, however, eventually becoming prom queen." Mackenzie's mother, maternal grandfather, father, father's fiance, two brothers, and boyfriend attend the memorial. Noticeably absent is Mackenzie's mother's boyfriend. Mackenzie's brother Trevor made the family's first statement to the media: "It's incredible. It meant the world to me because we all loved her. And that's what this all shows is how much everybody loves her."

01 March 2010 (Monday):

The Cowell Task Force believes that Mackenzie's phone is a key piece of evidence and asks the public to call the tip line if it is found. The phone is a maroon LG EnV2.

03 March 2010 (Wednesday):

A local task force continues to work full-time on the Mackenzie Cowell murder case. Chelan County has four deputies and two administrative assistants assigned to the task force. Douglas County has four detectives, Wenatchee Police has three officers and East Wenatchee police has one officer assigned to the case. The FBI, U.S. Marshal’s Office and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement are assisting the Cowell Task Force.

05 March 2010 (Friday):

Local businesspeople unite and announce the creation of a new reward fund to help find Mackenzie's killer. The group, Wenatchee Valley Citizens Against Crime, has pledged $38000 to be added to the existing $7000 reward fund in the event that someone provides a tip that leads to a conviction of Mackenzie's murderer. “This case broke the camel’s back. For this one, we said, ‘Enough is enough. We want this valley to be a safe place.'"

12 March 2010 (Friday) :

Disregarding the wishes of the Cowell Task Force, the Wenatchee World publishes Mackenzie's cause of death which was on the death certificate. The World withheld the cause of death for two weeks in accordance with the task force's wishes, but today published the information, as they've always published death certificate information related to murders and saw no reason to make an exception in this case.

Though the task force is tight-lipped in response to the World reporter's many questions about the circumstances of Mackenzie's death, several details emerge. Eight lie detector tests have been administered, though the task force refuses to say to whom. Numerous properties have been searched, though the task force will not identify them. Most important, the task force has not yet found the site where Mackenzie was killed.

CLICK HERE to see a map of points of interest in the Mackenzie Cowell investigation.

“To the extent that none of the searches to this point have revealed where the actual homicide occurred or evidence pointing to a suspect, it would not be appropriate to release and would potentially hinder the investigation in the future.”

Says clearly that they don't know where Mackenzie was killed. Evidently, CBR was not the kill site. Ugh.

They should check all foreclosed homes in the area..sometimes they sit on the market if they are overpriced, and may sit there over a month without anyone checking on them.

Manual strangulation is very difficult, especially considering MC was a very strong young woman. She worked out regularly and was a dancer. Looking at her pics, she seems to have wide strong neck.

IMO, she got into an argument with someone, he grabbed her by the neck, she fought back, He grabbed what ever was close and hit her in the head, knocked her loopy then continued to strangle her. He did not have the strength or stamina to complete so he hit her in the head again. He probably stabbed her in the neck as she was dieing or possibly dead. He wanted it over.

I'm actually sort of happy thinking that killing a 17 year old girl, who is vibrant and full of life, was NOT at all easy for this worthless piece of trash. He couldn't do anything right in his own life, ever -- not even whatever it was he attempted to do to this young girl. You will be nothing but a waste of space for the rest of your short time on this earth. While MC is now enjoying her time with those that have gone before her.

Sorry, usually I stay pretty matter-of-fact around here. Just thought I needed to share.

Could it be that LE does in fact know where the homocide occurred but is just not letting that out yet???

I'm right there with you, Salem. I've already done a map with those sites...is there any way to embed the map in a post?

Here's the link:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...3741092510424599794.00048116a405072a9636c&z=9

Thanks pufnstuf - I don't know how to embed the map, but the link works well.

I added a map also to my first post on page one, I think it is post #2.

I'm gonna work with the map I did - because I only listed where we know (or think we know) Mackenzie was. Your map has lots of other important points located and I want to just focus for a few minutes, kwim?

Salem

Some initial thoughts that I had, that I don't think have been brought up yet. From the very beginning of this case I have been thinking that this is just too clean to not be premeditated, which leads me to a couple possible scenarios, the first of which has been thoroughly covered on this board, the 2nd, not sure:
1. Someone close to MC who knew her, relative, boyfriend, etc
2. Professional killer, possibly hired by??? Could be a number of reasons. The family obviously has a ton of skeletons in the closet... Anyone in the family have a major gambling problem, owe someone in the underworld lots of $$$, deal/work with mafia (not just talking about Tony Soporano here), etc.

I have zero evidence either way.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=208+South+Wenatchee+Avenue,+Wenatchee,+WA+98801-3062+(Academy+of+Hair+Design)&daddr=E.+Fifth+Street,+Wenatchee,+WA+to:2395+Pitcher+Canyon+Rd.,+Wenatchee,+WA+to:156+Crescent+Bar+Road,&hl=en&geocode=CWVtFIILLCnZFVia0wIdaznU-CG3LPMSqi0YyClRgEni6sybVDH_IDKsOOxqgw%3BFZTA0wIdBCrU-Cmda1ORkMybVDEkpgkGsU5vvA%3BFQG20gIdhXPT-Cmtmz_uYDKaVDH-7XCq3zVwQw%3BFbOY0AIdJNvY-CnfKQhDjH6ZVDFxtw2mQJDXxA&gl=us&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll=47.409674,-120.335418&sspn=0.403351,0.87204&ie=UTF8&ll=47.364874,-120.147858&spn=0.403693,0.87204&z=10

Here's the map again. Okay... I'm gonna try to talk it out here (links are included in Pufnstuf's very good timeline post. I'm not gonna take the time to repost all the links here.

At 3:01 p.m. on Feb. 9th, Mackenzie is seen leaving the Hair Academy. At approximately 3:40 p.m. cell phone pings place Mackenzie's phone near the Riverfront boat launch at the end of 5th Street.

Time to drive between the Hair Academy and 5th Street is approx. less than 5 minutes. So there is an approximately 35 minute gap here.

At 5:42 Mackenzie's cell phone gets a ping. We don't know where it pinged. This is a 2 hour gap.

At 7:00 p.m. a property owner notices a strange car on or near his property in Pitcher Canyon. He calls the Sheriff's Office at 8:03 p.m. to report the car.

It takes approximately 20 minutes to drive from the boat ramp to the address on Pitcher Canyon Road. Timeline here is 3:40 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (excluding location of 5:42 p.m. cell phone ping). About 3 hours and 20 minutes.

So.... the perp had approx. 3 hours and 20 minutes to do what he/she did, drive the car to Pitcher Canyon and get away from Mackenzie's car without being seen. If we subtract the time it took to drive to PCanyon - he only had about 3 hours.

If we speculate that he placed Mackenzie at Cresent Bar, before dumping her car we can subtract another 1.5 to 2 hours from this timeline. He would have had about an hour.

In that hour's time, they had to leave the boatramp area to go somewhere secluded. Had to argue. Had to struggle. Had to wash up. Had to freak out? or Not?

Salem

Here's the link:

Using pufnstuf's map, with all the locations that have been discussed in the last weeks, and of course, keeping the very important "unknown location" in mind - what stands out as a possible crime scene?

I'm going to discount the spec house, because LE has searched it, correct? If it was the missing crime scene, I'm pretty sure we would know that by now.

Salem

Using pufnstuf's map, with all the locations that have been discussed in the last weeks, and of course, keeping the very important "unknown location" in mind - what stands out as a possible crime scene?

I'm going to discount the spec house, because LE has searched it, correct? If it was the missing crime scene, I'm pretty sure we would know that by now.

Salem

I wouldn't count on it- knowing it was the crime scene. I have a feeling that a lot of very crucial points to this case are not being disclosed at this point. I wish we knew what it was that upset the person walking through the spec home.

Salem

I still feel like the spec house has something to do with this murder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah