GUILTY OR - Robert Poole for domestic violence, stalking, Rogue River, 2010

Missizzy

Reaction score
This guy is not giving up!! This article broke at an interesting time. Our valley is still heatedly debating the recent proactive response by LE who went in and took a man into custody who was known to be disgruntled and had purchased weapons legally. That man has been released from the hospital and has had his weapons returned.

It sounds as if this guy, Poole, is really a menace and should NOT have been released on bail. He's doing some awfully creepy things.

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100316/NEWS07/100319991

Police look for man who they say is stalking ex-girlfriend

"Rogue River [OR] police are looking for a 29-year-old man suspected of stalking his ex-girlfriend and her mother.

The suspect, Robert Francis Poole, was arrested on felony domestic violence charges in February and authorities then thwarted his attempted purchase of an AK-47 rifle.

Since being released from jail pending a trial in that case, Poole has harassed his former girlfriend and her mother, giving police probable cause to arrest him on stalking and witness-tampering charges, Rogue River Police Chief Ken Lewis said.

Police have asked for the public's help in finding Poole, who is believed to be staying in Jackson or Josephine County.

“He needs to be in jail.” Lewis said....."

more at link plus photo and description of vehicle

This guy is not giving up!! This article broke at an interesting time. Our valley is still heatedly debating the recent proactive response by LE who went in and took a man into custody who was known to be disgruntled and had purchased weapons legally. That man has been released from the hospital and has had his weapons returned.

It sounds as if this guy, Poole, is really a menace and should NOT have been released on bail. He's doing some awfully creepy things.

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100316/NEWS07/100319991

Police look for man who they say is stalking ex-girlfriend

"Rogue River [OR] police are looking for a 29-year-old man suspected of stalking his ex-girlfriend and her mother.

The suspect, Robert Francis Poole, was arrested on felony domestic violence charges in February and authorities then thwarted his attempted purchase of an AK-47 rifle.

Since being released from jail pending a trial in that case, Poole has harassed his former girlfriend and her mother, giving police probable cause to arrest him on stalking and witness-tampering charges, Rogue River Police Chief Ken Lewis said.

Police have asked for the public's help in finding Poole, who is believed to be staying in Jackson or Josephine County.

“He needs to be in jail.” Lewis said....."

more at link plus photo and description of vehicle

I guess the only upside to this is that LE was on top of what he was up to -- before he actually found the ex-g/f & her family.

Scary that he's running loose - you're right....obsessed PO'd mean guys like this won't stop.

We don't have jail over-crowding. Why did they let this guy out?? Notice the statement at the very bottom:

"Poole has made threats of violence against the police and could be armed."

I also don't understand why no crime occurred if he purchased the gun with a credit card without permission. Maybe the woman just doesn't want to press charges on that. Might not want much to do with guy in fact. I have to wonder about this:

"Poole was gone when officers returned to the apartment, but they found him hiding under a bed there the next day, Lewis said."

So, did he return and hide under a bed at the woman's place or did she allow him in and know he was hiding? It's either spookier than I first thought or she's not being clear enough with this guy. As the mother of a stalker (nice label, huh?), I can tell you that one must be exceedingly clear--resoundingly clear. These guys don't pick up on subtleties.

see now this guy shouldnt be out on bail after all the trouble he's in, yet he's out there free to harrass stalk or kill anyone he pleases

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100930/NEWS/9300322

Repeated abuse sends 'caveman' to prison
Rogue River [OR] man gets year sentence in plea

"A man who repeatedly attacked his former girlfriend, at one point leaving the Rogue River woman unconscious, was sentenced to about a year in prison after pleading guilty Wednesday in Jackson County Circuit Court to multiple assault charges.

"Judge Mark Schiveley compared Robert Francis Poole's violent acts against "JB" to those of a "caveman."

Poole, who is nearly 6 feet tall and weighs more than 200 pounds, had repeatedly acted out his rage against "JB", who is 5 feet 2 inches tall. And he'd done so in front of her 5-year-old son, "A", Schiveley said.

Poole and "JB", both 28, also have an infant son together.

"There is no reason anyone should have to put up with this kind of violence, temper or lack of control," Schiveley said. "You pled guilty to three distinct episodes. "[The child] saw them all."

and

"....Schiveley said, "I don't have a lot of hope for you."

more at link

FWIW, I think Judge Schiveley is the one of finest judges we have in Jackson County. He truly listens to all the details, has compassion, and then the gavel comes down. I wish the sentence were longer but the DA threw out the possibility of Measure 11 sentencing, not the judge.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back