WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of doubt that wine was bought as a gift (who buys jug wine as a gift?) She bought it to drink.

I'm not sure what SS was doing, but she sure as hell wasn't "lost".

Huh? She was driving all over town, asking directions. If that's not "lost", what is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnrslucky1
IMO, When she bought that large bottle of wine, she meant to get drunk.
She bought that at 8pm and if she drank half by 10pm she was toasted. I just do not understand, why no one noticed.

I think she was buzzed up and thought it funny to go down that road towards the beach. When she got stuck and couldn't get out, that made for more fun.

She could have said, well we are stuck here on this beautiful beach, I think I will go swimming. This is just way to sad!

So true, common sense goes out the window, when you are drunk. Your fear level is reduced. She very well could have went in the water and then he tried to help..........

So true, common sense goes out the window, when you are drunk. Your fear level is reduced. She very well could have went in the water and then he tried to help..........

He would have been trying to be a good son.

I think they are in the water unfortunately :( Hope I am wrong.

Huh? She was driving all over town, asking directions. If that's not "lost", what is?

Where do you think she was trying to get to then?

It is impossible to spend four hours where she was looking for a freeway entrance. This part of Olympia has two freeway exits that you can get on north or southbound within a mile of each other. I think it is exit 108 and 109. The video taken at Safeway there is no way they got out a map to tell her how to get to the freeway entrance. They would have just pointed.

Having left home at 5 pm, she hit the Olympia area around 6pm or so. She wasn't lost for over 5 hours trying to find the entrance ramp to I-5. IMO, she didn't want to find the interstate.

Where do you think she was trying to get to then?

It is impossible to spend four hours where she was looking for a freeway entrance. This part of Olympia has two freeway exits that you can get on north or southbound within a mile of each other. I think it is exit 108 and 109. The video taken at Safeway there is no way they got out a map to tell her how to get to the freeway entrance. They would have just pointed.

It would be interesting to hear if the clerk remembered what directions she asked for. When she was on her way out the door, he did seem to be pointing directions to her.

Having left home at 5 pm, she hit the Olympia area around 6pm or so. She wasn't lost for over 5 hours trying to find the entrance to I-5. IMO, she didn't want to find the interstate.

Then why keep stopping? You think this is a hoax of some sort?

Getting from Silverdale to Olympia isn't that hard - stay on 16, then jump on I-5. Assuming she was drinking sometime on the way, once she got off the Interstate, she would have had a hard time getting back on.

Drunk drivers can generally "drive" themselves from their neighborhood bar to their home. Put them in an unfamiliar area, which Olympia was for SS, and it's easy to get lost.

IMHO.

Silverdale, WA - 4:15 (leaves for trip)
Handy Pantry Market - 7:50 PM (buys wine)
Safeway - 8:00 PM (gets directions)
Martin Way Diner (corn Dog) - 9:00 PM
Gull Harbor Merchantile - 9:55 PM (closed)
Dennis Williams House - 10:10 PM (used phone, directions)
Beach area - 1:00 AM (commotion outside and knock at door)
Home of Jim Pribbenow - 10:00 AM Sunday (van found on beach)

It's possible that one or more of the times on the surveillance cameras are off due to the recent time change.

Maybe she was doing it because she had to tell her son something about why they were driving all over the place....Alcoholics go way out of their way to drink and to hide it. She had to tell her son something..

Then why keep stopping? You think this is a hoax of some sort?

Getting from Silverdale to Olympia isn't that hard - stay on 16, then jump on I-5. Assuming she was drinking sometime on the way, once she got off the Interstate, she would have had a hard time getting back on.

Drunk drivers can generally "drive" themselves from their neighborhood bar to their home. Put them in an unfamiliar area, which Olympia was for SS, and it's easy to get lost.

IMHO.

She is a local though.
Currently living in Silverdale.
Lived in Castle Rock.
Went to high school down that way.
The PNW is spread out, an area an hour from me is not unchartered ground. And in the videos she is not out in the backwoods of Olympia, she is on a main drag close to the freeway. I don't think it is a hoax. Just don't think we know what her intentions were that night because she is not trying to get on I5 and head on down the road.

This is just so strange. It seems as if she were avoiding going to her stepdads and just pretends she is lost. I just do not get it!

She is a local though.
Currently living in Silverdale.
Lived in Castle Rock.
Went to high school down that way.
The PNW is spread out, an area an hour from me is not unchartered ground. And in the videos she is not out in the backwoods of Olympia, she is on a main drag close to the freeway. I don't think it is a hoax. Just don't think we know what her intentions were that night because she is not trying to get on I5 and head on down the road.

Olympia is not Silverdale and not Castle Rock. Just because a city is in between, doesn't mean she is familiar with it at all.

I live in the area, so I'm a local, but if you dropped me off in Tacoma or Olympia (both cities I've driven through numerous times), I'd be lost without a GPS.

Silverdale, WA - 4:15 (leaves for trip)
Handy Pantry Market - 7:50 PM (buys wine)
Safeway - 8:00 PM (gets directions)
Martin Way Diner (corn Dog) - 9:00 PM
Gull Harbor Merchantile - 9:55 PM (closed)
Dennis Williams House - 10:10 PM (used phone, directions)
Beach area - 1:00 AM (commotion outside and knock at door)
Home of Jim Pribbenow - 10:00 AM Sunday (van found on beach)

Wasn't there an early video that showed her son paying for something at the register? Which stop was that? I thought she looked funny, like she was swaying on her feet at that stop.

She buys the wine at 7:50..........would she really still be going to the step-fathers after drinking? Assuming he knows she is a recovering alcoholic?

Not sure how to word this.........just how long would anyone look for where they are going before just saying forget it and go on back home? Or stop and get a motel room? I keep thinking that would have been awful late to show up at someones house, especially someone you haven't had contact with for a couple of years. Was she so lost that she couldn't find her way back to her own home? From what I understand she was only about two hours or so from where she lives?

Just rambling here..........

I hope she wasn't depressed and suicidal. Finding out that her mom committed suicide really bothers me. Hopefully she wasn't driving around until her little boy fell asleep so she could take both of their lives. I'm not saying that's what I think happened, I just can't figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni