GUILTY PA - Richard Porter, 68, murdered in his Upper Merion home, 12 March 2010

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Mr. James Porter showed kindness and empathy for his drug addicted neighbor. I guess this poor man figured the young man could get help.

Mr. Porter came home from getting an MRI and found Joseph Nicolai rumagging through his home. To show just how grateful he was Nicolai brutally murdered Porter. He stole among other things the man vehicle. A cleaning woman found James Porter in a pool of blood and called LE.

Upper Merion police put out a bulletin and lo and behold Philly cops spotted the vehicle at Kensington Avenue and Somerset (drug land). Nicolai was driving and a known drug dealer was in the passanger seat. Cops took chase. The dealer split. Nicolai however when he stopped and a cop opened the door decided to drag Officer Brennan for blocks. The officer is recovering from injuries.

How da*n sad is this? This guy has just gotten out of rehab. He murders someone and almost kills a cop. His mug shot shows he got some scratches sort of.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/20100316_Neighbor_charged_in_man_s_slaying.html

awwwwwww sucks to be him huh? he brutally murdered a man trying to help him and dragged a police officer with his car.......he's lucky he's alive

he's lucky he's alive

You ain't kidding, K. He purposely rammed the vehicle into an El barrier. Thank goodness the police officer has been released from the hospital, but they so couldn't have been happy with that.

I was trying to find a picture of the crash. I'll keep looking. Oh and divine retribution? I believe they said the guy is a heroin addict. He's gonna be mighty, mighty sick in jail. He'll be wishing he was dead.

From December 2010:

http://www.dailylocal.com/article/DL/20101214/NEWS/312149996

A heroin addict arrested for stabbing his mother's neighbor during a home burglary in Upper Merion in March, pleaded guilty Monday to second-degree murder for killing Richard Porter and was sentenced to life in prison.

James Nicolai, 25, who appeared in Montgomery County Court, accepted the agreed-upon sentence pronounced by Judge William R. Carpenter. In addition, the defendant received up to 20 years for assaulting a police officer while in the victim's vehicle the day of the killing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back