Was Jose Baez retained by Casey on June 17, 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darnudes

Inactive
Reaction score
Did I hear correctly?

Was Jose Baez retained on June 17 2008?

I believe Jose gave this date in his testimony I haven't seen a thread on this and if true then this in my opinion is huge.

Remember the blog by Richard Hornsby about the date when Jose Baez was retained.

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2009/12/attorney-of-record-in-record-time/

Snipped:

But if it could be proven that Casey Anthony contacted Jose Baez prior to it being discovered that Caylee was missing; it would be the biggest bombshell in the entire case.

Because it would show beyond all doubt that Casey Anthony had a guilty conscience and sought out a criminal defense attorney for preemptive advice.

But then again, that is just my conspiracy theory. Nothing more, nothing less. Because everyone knows that neither Casey Anthony nor Jose Baez has the super power or cunning to secretly plot out something so diabolical – or do they?

I'm going to go back and watch the hearing again to confirm. I'm surprised this has not been discussed yet.

My thoughts...I hope the SA's can keep track of all of these curious morsels of informations.

Have cell tower pings from June been released?
This sounds vaguely familiar to me - like KC pinged somewhere near JB's office before she was arrested and it was speculated she might have been talking to him - and something about she or someone she knew knowing JB's daughter????

JWG - decoder of ping maps - are you there? help . . .

So many times during questioning throughout this case "Casey" becomes "Caylee" and "Caylee" becomes "Casey" and June becomes July and July becomes June, that I think this is probably just a mistake.

I know court documents log his first appearance as July 17th, so wonder if this is just a major fauz paus on the part of Mr. Baez....but if not....INTERESTING...

Wonder if SA caught that??? At least watch Baez squirm when he is called out on the discrepancy?

He was testifying under oath and I can't believe the SAO did not pick this up. I don't think he made a mistake at all - he seemed very clear about the date.

Have cell tower pings from June been released?
This sounds vaguely familiar to me - like KC pinged somewhere near JB's office before she was arrested and it was speculated she might have been talking to him - and something about she or someone she knew knowing JB's daughter????

JWG - decoder of ping maps - are you there? help . . .

Yep, I remember this very well although JBJ and JWG are probably the experts on this. I am going to go back and look at the cell phone/ping records for Casey and see what is there.

I know court documents log his first appearance as July 17th, so wonder if this is just a major fauz paus on the part of Mr. Baez....but if not....INTERESTING...

Wonder if SA caught that??? At least watch Baez squirm when he is called out on the discrepancy?

The first appearance date and the date retained would most likely not be the same date.

I hope SA did catch that. Also, the defense has turn in their accounting to the Judge by end of day tomorrow. I wonder if the Judge will then just consider this on his own, or have another hearing to bring it all back in to public view?

If he was retained on June 17th...

immediately following her arrest, why would she file for indigency and why would she have been assigned a public defender for her first bond hearing?

Because she's - just - that - stupid.

(AIIII!!! DaughterAlice slaps herself! BAD GIRL, BAD GIRL!!!)

Sorry . . . . sorry.

Okay, seriously, what if she truly DID retain her JB on the 17th of June? It's not like she'd been arrested before. Maybe she was just following along like a cow on a path. "Walk here, look this way, hold this, sit there, sign this . . ." Or maybe even she thought she could look more pathetic if she showed that she was indigent. Hmm, strike that. She doesn't want to look pathetic . . . she wants to look glamorous.

Yep, I remember this very well although JBJ and JWG are probably the experts on this. I am going to go back and look at the cell phone/ping records for Casey and see what is there.

There's some discussion here thru' post #12. Still looking, but i'm not too great on the ping maps.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73218"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73218[/ame]

don't we think he just meant July 17?

****DOUBLE THUD****

Ya know - I remember hearing him say that and thought to myself - man he can't even get his dates right - never even dawned on me - he did have them right.

Wow! So how soon do ya'll think we'll see the fireworks that are gonna come out of all this?

People have the ability to correct their testimony after they review a written transcript. This would be the more informative document to see.

wait, hold up. IF JB was retained by KC on June 17th - that means he has full knowledge of her partying, the car fiasco, EVERYTHING - hiding from CA - all of it.

Nope - I think it was just a slip. If JB has a document signed by KC and dated 6/17/08 - man o man - he needs to be deposed!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer