3 Injured as Disneyland Rail Ride Crashes

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A 10-year-old boy and his parents suffered minor back and neck injuries late Thursday afternoon after two trains collided on Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad — the second crash on the ride in three months.

The roller coaster, which simulates a runaway mine train, had only recently reopened after a state investigation into a Sept. 5 crash that killed a 22-year-old Gardena man and injured 10 others.

"We had a bump of two coasters on Big Thunder," Disneyland spokesman Bob Tucker said Thursday. "They were coming in at the loading station at a slow speed."

The boy and his parents — described by an Anaheim Fire Department spokeswoman as a 44-year-old woman and 42-year-old man visiting from Canada — were taken to Western Medical Center-Anaheim for treatment.

The roller coaster was shut down, "in an abundance of caution," Tucker said.

The accident was reported to state investigators as required by law.

Tucker said he did not know what caused the accident, which occurred about 5:15 p.m.

In the fatal crash, two bolts on a guide-wheel assembly fell off, causing the locomotive to separate and partially derail.

http://www.latimes.com/news/custom/showcase/la-me-disney9jul09.story

Im surprised Disney "let" this story get out! They are infamous for keeping anything negative that happens in the Kingdom under wraps(theyre also famous for not paying damages)

:eek: I surely won't be going on this ride ever again..!! :( Two accidents is two many for my liking..!! :mad:

I think they need to close if for good. Go back to the drawing board, and redesign the ride. It's not safe period..!! :razz:

I am not even surprised..
Disney has had several occurences like this at several different parks.
I am surprised that there hasn't been an issue with the Tower of terror at MGM which is a Disney park.
When on the ride with my sister who is 4 11" she swore she was going to fall out..
There is only this little bar to hold you in.. If your thin it does not even touch your legs. and there is nothing to hold onto.. as the lap bar just goes over your knees..
SO when your dropping .. I could easily imagine someone sliding off the seats.

Amraann said:
There is only this little bar to hold you in.. If your thin it does not even touch your legs. and there is nothing to hold onto.. as the lap bar just goes over your knees.. SO when your dropping .. I could easily imagine someone sliding off the seats.
They have seat belts now... noticed that last time I was there... you are clipped in good!

Really??
Something must have happend for them to do that.
But I'm glad they fixed it...
I could not get my sister back on the ride for anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back