2010.03.19 Indigent Status Granted

Status
Not open for further replies.

momtective

Lifetime WS Non-Mod
Reaction score
Judge Grants Casey Anthony's Indigent Status

Posted: 4:03 pm EDT March 19,2010
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A judge ruled Friday that Casey Anthony is indigent. This means that taxpayers will front the cost for some of her defense on the first-degree murder charge she's facing.

“The Court has made a thorough review of all items submitted including the cost ledger of Defense Counsel and is satisfied that the Defendant has met all of the Statutory standards,” Judge Stan Strickland wrote in the order issued late Friday.

http://www.wftv.com/news/22891038/detail.html

http://www.wftv.com/news/22891038/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A judge ruled Friday that Casey Anthony is indigent. This means that taxpayers will front the cost for some of her defense on the first-degree murder charge she's facing.

“The Court has made a thorough review of all items submitted including the cost ledger of Defense Counsel and is satisfied that the Defendant has met all of the Statutory standards,” Judge Stan Strickland wrote in the order issued late Friday.

While this means things like paper work, experts and interviews could be paid by tax dollars, the cost of her lawyers is not covered. At this point, her defense team appears to be working free of charge.

She's all yours Florida tax payers...so sorry you must pay to defend her.

She's all yours Florida tax payers...so sorry you must pay to defend her.
Gee thankx! This was quite expected - by me. I mean - c'mon - what was JS supposed to do? Say NO? Grounds for appeal right then and there.

I'm waiting for the fall-out from all that was gleened yesterday.

i am speechless
So Jose coughed up all his records in less than 24 hrs?

I really do not think JS had much of a choice. The fact that the clown dream team does not get paid is good news, however JS had to remove any appeal issue about not giving the murderer access to experts. I am just thrilled the attorney's will have to do the case pro bono.

THis is actually a huge relief for me as a Fl. taxpayer. I can check off / eliminate "inability to pay due process costs" as a reason for appeal.

I'm a Florida resident and it doesn't thrill me that we the people will be helping pay for her defense, but at least she can't fight this issue on appeal later on after she's found guilty. She's going down people. There is very little doubt in my mind about that.

I feel bad because my sister is going to be paying her tax dollars to defend Inmate Anthony. I really do hope there is still fallout from yesterday. Hey IRS, were you paying attention? I wish I knew how to send them an email...

This just sucks. Once again they get to make a circus of his case and get their way...waiting for justice for Caylee is becoming harder and harder!

So KC gets her money. And the financial details were disclosed privately to Judge S, just as the defense wanted yesterday.

I extend my sympathy to the Florida taxpayers. I would hate to think every morning when I went to work that part of the money I earned would be going to try and get KC acquitted. :(

I just have one ? what could Baez possibly have spent the $270,000 on?
Bogus motions,lunches and Casey's new clothes, Birthday cake. Just asking

Although I had a feeling this was going to happen, it still disgusts me.
As a Florida resident, taxpayer & local close to Orlando who is struggling to keep my head above water, pay my bills & take care of my family, I must say that I'm not happy about it, not one bit.

Does it seem a bit unfair to anyone else that KC gets her wish, and it's delivered on her birthday?

I want to know when JS is going to release the findings PUBLICALLY! He made it crystal clear yesterday that it needed to be disclosed in OPEN COURT how the money had been spent to date. Well, lets see the accounting!

I sure hope I don't have to get po'd with JS now. I am sick of being po'd with people.

Will KC now be constrained from selling any further items/story/receiving royalties/etc? I realize JB stated there were no further offers on the table but what about months from now? Will anything she does 'earn' be seized?
Just wondering, thanks.

i am speechless
So Jose coughed up all his records in less than 24 hrs?

It was easy:

Jose's ME ME ME fund = $89,000+
KC's defense expenses +$0 plus an IOU from the State of Florida.

JMO

The indigent status had to be granted. JB does not HAVE to remain on the case - which is what I'm thinking. Disney/ABC has made a statement. JB submitted his "accounting". There will be repercussions about all this. Regardless, KC will get her day in court.

I'm just hoping now of the rest of her posse will not be with her.

Me thinks JB torpedoed and sunk his boat yesterday for all to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member