OR - Darius Yancey for trafficking 15yo girl, Portland, 2009

Missizzy

Reaction score
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/03/portland_man_who_forced_15-yea.html

Portland man who forced 15-year-old girl into prostitution will serve ten years in prison

"A 22-year-old Portland man will be sentenced to ten years in jail next month for kidnapping a 15-year-old girl and forcing her into prostitution, a Clark County prosecutor said today.

Darius Yancey, with addresses in Portland, Vancouver and Bellevue, Wash., plead guilty to first degree kidnapping and sexual abuse for commercial gain, said Anna Klein, a Clark County prosecutor.

Klein said Yancey picked up his 15-year-old victim in Portland, plied them with alcohol and had sex with her and her sister. He convinced the 15-year-old girl to go with him to Bellevue, Wash., where he advertised her services for sale on the free classified Web site, backpage.com....."

more at link, it just gets worse........

10 years for kidnapping and trafficking? NOT ENOUGH

The article says she was finally able to escape when he was in the shower, but it doesn't say how long he had her. Unless I'm missing it.

Poor thing.

Prosecutors allege that Yancey developed a sexual relationship with the girl, then 15, in early July 2009, taking her to Bellevue without the consent of her foster parents. In the Puget Sound area, they checked in to several hotels, where he solicited her for prostitution on Internet sites.

According to court papers, when johns called her for service, he told her what to say, keeping a black spiral notebook with notes. When johns arrived, Yancey would wait in a vehicle out front. Afterward, he’d forced the girl to give him the money.

She made $1,000 while prostituting, which she gave over to Yancey, according to court papers.

While in Bellevue, as she later told Vancouver police investigators, she tried to flee but he physically assaulted and choked her as she ran for the door.

In late July, the two returned to his Vancouver apartment, when the girl ran away and alerted a local business for help, Clark County Deputy Prosecutor Anna Klein said
http://www.columbian.com/news/2010/mar/19/man-pleads-guilty-to-promoting-prostitution-of-chi/

Seems he had had her for a month. Poor child.

I didn't see any charges under the Mann Act. I wonder why? He did take her across state lines with the intention to make money off her. How much more clear can it get?

No way it's enough -- just think, even if he does all 10 years, he'll only be 32yo when he gets out!! :mad:

And he will probably just learn how to do it a better next time. Next time the poor girl may not ever get the chance to run away.

I just can't get over the laws, the sentencing guidelines. I am sure someone will come along and say how remorseful he is, how changed. They will let him out in 5 years and we will see this guys name again. But it will probably be a murder charge next time.

Kelly

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/03/portland_man_who_forced_15-yea.html

Portland man who forced 15-year-old girl into prostitution will serve ten years in prison

"A 22-year-old Portland man will be sentenced to ten years in jail next month for kidnapping a 15-year-old girl and forcing her into prostitution, a Clark County prosecutor said today.

Darius Yancey, with addresses in Portland, Vancouver and Bellevue, Wash., plead guilty to first degree kidnapping and sexual abuse for commercial gain, said Anna Klein, a Clark County prosecutor.

Klein said Yancey picked up his 15-year-old victim in Portland, plied them with alcohol and had sex with her and her sister. He convinced the 15-year-old girl to go with him to Bellevue, Wash., where he advertised her services for sale on the free classified Web site, backpage.com....."

more at link, it just gets worse........

Not much of a comment, but to me, that "10" ought to have one more zero.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back