'Old, fat, lazy' George Michael shuts fan chatroom

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
British pop star George Michael has decided to close down a fans' chatroom on his official website after messages accused him of being old, overweight and lazy.

The 41-year-old, one of the most successful pop musicians of recent decades, said he had been upset to see the forum "packed full of negative comment".

Some visitors to the chatroom at had accused the musician of looking past his best, and of not sufficiently promoting his album, Patience, the first new work in eight years.

In a message to fans posted earlier this week, Michael, born Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou in London to Greek Cypriot parents, said he had had enough.

"I'm afraid that, having visited the forums on a regular basis over the past few months, simply to see how you guys thought the album/interviews/promotion were going, I have decided to close them down," the message read.

Michael said he found it "really sad to see the forums so packed full of negative comment, and that so many genuinely positive fans find themselves defending me (or themselves) constantly against attack".

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200407/s1150133.htm

Casshew said:
If you have to go.. okay, but wake me up before you go go. :D

Peanut, we have got to get you your own television show. You've got the best sense of humor!! :clap:

Casshew said:
If you have to go.. okay, but wake me up before you go go. :D
Once again, you've hurt my stomach for a second morning in a row cuz I was laughing too much.

TY :dance: :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back