GUILTY FL - Jayla Jackson, 2, dies 4 years after abuse, Pompano Beach, 26 Feb 2010

DairyGirl

Reaction score
http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/20/1539601/baby-beaten-by-mother-still-on.html

A 2-year-old girl remains on life support three weeks after she was beaten by her mother for soiling herself.

Bond for the mother, 20-year-old Keisha A. Jackson, was set at $100,000 Friday. She is charged with cruelty toward a child and aggravated battery on a child, among other charges.

The baby girl was transferred to Broward General Medical Center in Fort Lauderdale on Feb. 26 after being taken to North Broward Medical Center in Deerfield Beach by the mother's live-in boyfriend. The child was shaken, beaten with a belt and had bite marks on her chest, according to the Broward Sheriff's Office. She is unable to breathe on her own.

OMG, that poor baby. I am at a loss for words...you are in my prayers baby girl. I hope her mother pulls some hard time for this, it makes me literally sick to my stomach.

The Department of Children and Families took custody of Jackson's older daughter, who informed DCF that Jackson became upset while potty training the young child.

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI147016/

I can't find the link now, but I read a couple days ago this poor little girl was beaten because of a soiled diaper. :mad:

Prayers for a full recovery from her physical injuries, and she gets all the love & care she needs for emotional recovery -- and never has to even look at the momster that put her in the hospital.

Deerfield Beach AGAIN?????? WTH!!!! What is going on in that town?????

Bite marks?????? I cant stand this...!

Why do people beat children for potty accidents? Nine times out of ten, the kid feels bad enough already. No reason to really discipline them unless they do it on purpose. And even then, beating them is not the answer.

These are the people that I hope are back in diapers themselves by the time they are 50. Karma, for cases like this, I have to believe in karma. Anything the courts can do isn't enough.

Are they all suffering from some sort of brain disease, a teen ager used steel toed boots on a 14 yr old here last week. Mikey lived here, several babies we have read about over the last year lived here.

WTH!!??

For the love of Pete. What is going on around there? Sorry do not mean to offend any law abiding people that live there. This just makes me ill.

I pray the baby girl makes it.

JMO

I was watching Broward Bond Court yesterday. I didn't know about this case at the time and Googled it. So much has happened!

April 13, 2012|By Rafael A. Olmeda, Sun Sentinel

FORT LAUDERDALE — — A Pompano Beach mother was sentenced Friday to 25 years in prison for slamming her 2-year-old daughter against a wall after the little girl soiled herself.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...pano-woman-nicole-alvarez-child-abuse-and-one

November 14, 2014, 8:46 PM

A Pompano Beach mother who was sentenced to 25 years in prison in 2012 for slamming her 2-year-old daughter against a wall after the little girl soiled herself is now facing a first-degree murder charge..

Jayla Jackson, 6, was removed from life support Sept. 26, according to the Broward Sheriff's Office. She had been on life support for four years, brain dead with no medical hope of recovery.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-mom-faces-murder-charge-20141114-story.html

I recall from the Casey Anthony case that before she was charged with murder, the prosecutor had to drop the case for child abuse as she couldn't be charged for two crimes under the same circumstances. Will these counts fly?

For those following Jahi McMath, we need to note that the child was declared brain dead at the time of the original incident. She was kept on life support for 4 years.

I'd love to know more about this case and why the child was allowed to stay on life support for four years.

Omg. I don't understand why she was left on life support for so long. I hope her mother never sees outside prison walls.

I was watching Broward Bond Court yesterday. I didn't know about this case at the time and Googled it. So much has happened!

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...pano-woman-nicole-alvarez-child-abuse-and-one

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-mom-faces-murder-charge-20141114-story.html

I recall from the Casey Anthony case that before she was charged with murder, the prosecutor had to drop the case for child abuse as she couldn't be charged for two crimes under the same circumstances. Will these counts fly?

For those following Jahi McMath, we need to note that the child was declared brain dead at the time of the original incident. She was kept on life support for 4 years.

I'd love to know more about this case and why the child was allowed to stay on life support for four years.

First link says

Because the criminal case is over, Jackson cannot be charged with murder if the victim dies.

Then the 2nd link says

Mother convicted of child abuse now faces murder charge

Confused?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She absolutely should be charged with murder. I had a feeling from the beginning that the baby was brain dead and that mom would vehemently object to any removal of life support.

Sadly it has happened before where a parent has beaten a child so badly that they were on life support, severely brain damaged and would never recover and suddenly the parent says they have religious objections to the removal of life support. Of course they are opposed to it because if the child dies, then they can be charged with murder and they don't want that. Funny h0w they suddenly claim that their child's life is so important when the reality is that they are the ones responsible for their deadly injuries.

I do wonder why the child was on life support after being brain dead for so long. It possibly had to do with the court case and legalities. Maybe they wanted to conclude the abuse case first and get her sentenced and then hit her with a separate charges after life support was withdrawn. That way everything didn't hinge on one case. I don't really know and can only speculate.

I do so hope this monster spends the rest of her life behind bars and never draws a breath of air in the free world again.

Never be surprised at what a child abuser or their lawyer does to further cause pain to a child so they can avoid a murder charge for as long as possible. JMO.

Pure evil if you aren't prepared to look after your child and everything it entails then don't have any it is as simple as that. Over the years I have seen the same story over and over just with a different name it's sick.

R.I.P little one you deserved a mom who loved you unconditionally.

These stories, and there are many, just make me so angry. If you don't have enough patience to potty train then it's quite simple to reassess the situation!!! Maybe your child's not ready, maybe what worked with one child doesn't work with this one. We all get there in the end!! One of my boys was so quick to get the hang of it, the other just hated it and still wanted a nappy/diaper at night. Guess what mums, just like grown people, kids are different too!!!

MOO!!

Is there any evidence that this poor little baby was actually declared brain dead at the time, and wasn't in PVS. I was just wondering because I've also been following the Jahi McMath case. And yeah, that monster of a so called mother deserves to fry. Even animals have compassion and love for their young. :mad::mad::mad:

Yes, she was brain dead, at least in 2010 according to the article.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back