Many Faces of GA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattymarie

Reaction score
At first GA garnered alot of sympathy as a grieving grandpa....

He also impressed us in suit and tie, when he testified in the grand jury to indict KC. We thought he went in to tell the truth. Maybe he did.

But facts afterward showed that he pulled an about face.

My question is...Is GA a tortured soul or complicit in this case and as good as a liar as his wife and daughter?

Which is it or is it both?

The reason I put this is out is that I believe he has so much more information to add to the last days of little Caylee.

Will the GA we though we knew at the grand jury (and even suicide attempt) present or will the GA that we saw at the ZG deposition win out?

Does he hold the answer?

Good question.

We all assumed that George's testimony at the Grand Jury made the difference. Why? Because that is what George inferred.

As for the suicide attempt? I recall the photo of the beer in the fridge- light beer- and that was a red flag. Hmmm...

I don't know whether he holds the answer. But I wouldn't be surprised that he might hold an answer.

I have always felt George and Cindy are just opposite sides of the same coin.

He just has a better social mask than Cindy does.
Casey learned to mask herself in public from him.
And much like him people who hadn't been on the receiving end of her deceit all said she was lovely, and happy, and successful, and a wonderful mother.

George is sneaky and manipulative.

The fact that he does in a likable exterior actually makes him more slippery.
You can see Cindy's agenda from a mile away. She wears it on her sleeve.

Based largely on my own upbringing, when I see that tortured saint of a man/woman who is standing by their dysfunctional family it sets my radar right off. I frequently think they are the sickest one in the bunch.

This has the potential to be a very interesting thread! Please, as always lets shoot for constructive discussion and leave the GA bashing out. By bashing I mean just ripping him a new one without really advancing the discussion.
Thanks.

I thought I had ole George all figured out a few months ago and sometimes still have the impression I may be close to dead straight on....but then he will react or behave in a certain manner, and then I wonder WHO THE HECK IS HE?

---------------------------------------------
Who the heck is he? good question! Sometimes I think he has a mind of his own,theory of his own but is afraid of CA..Sometimes I think he is the only one who grieves for Caylee.I feel he is fed up with KC.( one can love a person but not like them).KC has pulled one too many tricks.He cant speak up against her C.would throw him out on the street.I dont think he gives a fig about "how the family"looks.Deep down I feel he is mourning Caylee and it is tearing him apart.They will divorce later I'm sure.I guess the nitty gritty is none of us will really know til he takes the stand.I keep my fingers crossed.IMO.

I've never assumed GA told the GJ the truth or was helpful at all. In fact, I figured he was the same ole GA that he's been the rest of the time. Why would he different for the GJ? And GA is not some wallflower to CA. I've seen him boss her around and tell her to shut up on a couple of occasions.

I think George bows to Cindy when it comes to taking responsibility in his life. From what I have seen he had no say in how the kids were raised, he also turned over his career choices to Cindy. It allows him to sit back and feel no quilt for things that happened and live at ease with no fault.

He takes the easy road.

Turning over everything to a spouse like George did allows him to blame her when it all goes to heck and he can then justify an affair.

I think George is what Casey would have been if she hadn't murdered Caylee and married someone gullible enough to take her in and raise her child for her. She was too caught up in her jealously of Caylee to see the real way out, the way that her father made his life an easy ride. He's a slick one, he is. Had me all fooled. I used to think CA was the worst of that bunch, but at least I know what I'm getting with her.

He reminds me of all the manipulative, sleazy people that see a target and take advantage of it. I mean look at his life! He's got Cindy bringing home the bacon, raising and dealing with the kids, basically a free ride. It's too bad Casey didn't learn enough from him or she could have had la bella vita...

And once it's over with, he'll divorce Cindy and find some other woman to trick into taking him in and paying for him. People like him don't stop, especially when being what he is has been so successful for him. I don't think he feels any guilt at all, except maybe for not teaching Casey how to work the system better...

If he'd really loved Caylee, he wouldn't have sat back and let everything happen. He's just as much responsible for what happened to her. Just because you're a bystander and don't participate doesn't mean you're absolved from guilt. It just shows what a coward you are to let things happen to other people because you don't want to get involved or get your hands dirty.

I better stop because I'm going to a dark place that might get me banned...

Turning over everything to a spouse like George did allows him to blame her when it all goes to heck and he can then justify an affair.

You've got that right! And uses CA to make people think he's poor picked on George. Feel sorry for me and give me money!

Ah the many faces of George.

Caring loving adoring father and grandfather.(too numerous to mention)
Loyal husband.(no problems in this marriage-all is well supposedly)
Man of strength.(Trying to be the pillar for his family so he says)
Man of anger.(Spraying the protesters with water hose)
Man of honor.(Defending his daughter to the end)
Man of knowledge.(George is a guy who knows a lot about a lot of things)
Man of LAW.(COP)
Tongue tied innocence.(tripping over his words so sweetly you almost believe him)
Suicidal.(or pretending to be)
Homocidal? (almost that one time when he said the body in the trunk isn't Caylee)
Endearing sweetness.(Hey princess!)
Pompous a$$.(Shut up Cindy!)
Selfish gambler.(supposedly blew their life savings)
Cheating husband?(enter Krystal OR whatever lady from the past)
Teller of lies.(It was pizza!)
Teller of half truths.(I don't want to say human.I don't want to say that)
Teller of whatever he is told to tell.(the switcharoo on the story of the gas cans)
Manipulative and sneaky car salesman.(he is selling this Casey is innocent car)
Violent son?(dad through the plate glass window)
Wayward father? (he did leave when Caylee was first born and was gone a while)
Jealous?(His siblings seem more successful than he and he talks about their money)
Drinker? Well their was that lite beer and what Krystal tells us-plus beer pong!
Sneaky-pretending something that he KNOWS is not true.(Caylee)
Liar! (let's not touch that one!)

I would sure like to know the reason for him changing jobs so much. That could be telling.

I think George is what Casey would have been if she hadn't murdered Caylee and married someone gullible enough to take her in and raise her child for her. She was too caught up in her jealously of Caylee to see the real way out, the way that her father made his life an easy ride. He's a slick one, he is. Had me all fooled. I used to think CA was the worst of that bunch, but at least I know what I'm getting with her.

He reminds me of all the manipulative, sleazy people that see a target and take advantage of it. I mean look at his life! He's got Cindy bringing home the bacon, raising and dealing with the kids, basically a free ride. It's too bad Casey didn't learn enough from him or she could have had la bella vita...

And once it's over with, he'll divorce Cindy and find some other woman to trick into taking him in and paying for him. People like him don't stop, especially when being what he is has been so successful for him. I don't think he feels any guilt at all, except maybe for not teaching Casey how to work the system better...

If he'd really loved Caylee, he wouldn't have sat back and let everything happen. He's just as much responsible for what happened to her. Just because you're a bystander and don't participate doesn't mean you're absolved from guilt. It just shows what a coward you are to let things happen to other people because you don't want to get involved or get your hands dirty.I better stop because I'm going to a dark place that might get me banned...

BBM

George is the one that had been with LE years ago. He also wants to be seen as the one who had his heart broken over the death of his granddaughter he adored. I've always wondered why George didn't demand to meet the nanny, not that there was one, but if there was he should have met her being the protective Grandpa he was. He knew KC was not working, had lied about the $400 hold-up that never happened, and George knew a whole lot more.

He did always take that easy road. I'd say George is one to always let his loved ones down when they need him to be strong. I already feel let down by what he protrayed of himself, and what I've seen. I was disappointed in him when he created the June 16th stories. I fear he's going to let us down.

Sorry George, but :weaklink:

This is an interesting thread. I can get no handle on him at all. LA is the same; always just when I think they are going to step up and tell the truth they shut down and become transparently tricky.
One thing that really struck me reading one of the jail-house transcripts yesterday was how fawningly grateful he was that KC wanted to talk to him, see him, reconnect with him, dish out a tiny portion of affection to him. It was pathetic to see a father be so in thrall to his daughter, especially considering that the daughter in question was sitting being an unhelpful and self-absorbed lump in jail, suspected of a heinous crime that cruelly impacted on him.
To me all of the Anthony's are like puffs of smoke, lacking substance and coherence, blowing this way and that, making people choke and sputter.

I've been critical of George since seeing so much criticism of Cindy, because I do not believe that money could be squandered and then hidden from a controlling wife. George seems to try and get out of things by blaming Cindy and Casey did the same exact thing. George is very dramatic and makes everything about himself. He's pretty easy to figure out, and I believe he's capable of cooking up some wild stories and plots.

George is/was KC's role model. He couldn't discipline his daughter because she could turn around and say 'but you do the same thing'. George I sense is a shallow person and full of himself but it must come from a deep insecurity within him. He likes to proclaim 'Im not stupid'. Then he says/does something really stupid.

I was reminded today while I was reading in the Documents thread that KC told Detective Melich that she had attended Valencia and earned an Event Planner's certificate there. A page or so later, she signed off that what she had testified to was the truth. I thought about George claiming that he graduated from Ohio State I believe. How much do you want to bet his claim is untrue? George doesn't want to be inconvenienced and does what he wants to do; he's self involved. He's not sure if KC has/had a passport - he never paid attention to those things. George asks his wife. George's wife knows. George will be home later; George is at work - his wife told him to go to work to get a fresh perspective. George obeys his wife when it's convenient for him to do so. George doesn't drink except for when he does (you're a grown man, you can answer 'yes'). George tells people what he thinks they want to hear. George is a 'yes' man unless he wants to say 'no'. In that case, he'll pretend he didn't hear, doesn't know or had no control over whatever the issue is - ask his wife. What George says and what George does are two different things. George doesn't know who George is and part of the reason for that is that he's been married to Cindy for so long.

Adding an answer to Pattymarie's question - Yes, I believe George holds the answers. I don't know if he's a tortured soul but I know he tortures me.

Well, Cindy's Mom was his MIL, and she seemed to describe George as a heavy stone hanging from Cindy's neck. Remember her emails describing the ripping off both George and KC were doing while Cindy was being driven crazy by their antics, and having to support the whole family. Cast George in a bad light, and Cindy looked pretty good then before her own personality (disorder) came out.

But George almost committed suicide and gained favor. He's pretty slick at being convincing, and doing things to look good. (never messy with his duct tape on his gas cans) Almost fooled me, George.

George is/was KC's role model. He couldn't discipline his daughter because she could turn around and say 'but you do the same thing'. George I sense is a shallow person and full of himself but it must come from a deep insecurity within him. He likes to proclaim 'Im not stupid'. Then he says/does something really stupid.

I was reminded today while I was reading in the Documents thread that KC told Detective Melich that she had attended Valencia and earned an Event Planner's certificate there. A page or so later, she signed off that what she had testified to was the truth. I thought about George claiming that he graduated from Ohio State I believe. How much do you want to bet his claim is untrue? George doesn't want to be inconvenienced and does what he wants to do; he's self involved. He's not sure if KC has/had a passport - he never paid attention to those things. George asks his wife. George's wife knows. George will be home later; George is at work - his wife told him to go to work to get a fresh perspective. George obeys his wife when it's convenient for him to do so. George doesn't drink except for when he does (you're a grown man, you can answer 'yes'). George tells people what he thinks they want to hear. George is a 'yes' man unless he wants to say 'no'. In that case, he'll pretend he didn't hear, doesn't know or had no control over whatever the issue is - ask his wife. What George says and what George does are two different things. George doesn't know who George is and part of the reason for that is that he's been married to Cindy for so long.

bbm- I agree with your whole post except for this last sentence. To me that makes George a victim and Cindy the monster in the relationship. That is exactly what he wants, everyone to blame Cindy for his shortcomings.

George is a grown man and he does know who he is. Cindy didn't raise him. George's own personal dysfunction is the reason he has been married to Cindy for so long.

They are together because their sickness keeps them enmeshed. Cindy married George because he lets her appear to be in control and George is married to Cindy because her control enables him to act like a sneaky 13 year old.

If Cindy required George to step up to the plate and be the man of the house the marriage would have failed long ago. And if George required that Cindy treat him like a full fledged partner in their marriage it would have failed long ago. Neither of them are capable of meeting those standard.

moo

I have always felt George and Cindy are just opposite sides of the same coin.

He just has a better social mask than Cindy does.
Casey learned to mask herself in public from him.
And much like him people who hadn't been on the receiving end of her deceit all said she was lovely, and happy, and successful, and a wonderful mother.

George is sneaky and manipulative.

The fact that he does in a likable exterior actually makes him more slippery.
You can see Cindy's agenda from a mile away. She wears it on her sleeve.

Based largely on my own upbringing, when I see that tortured saint of a man/woman who is standing by their dysfunctional family it sets my radar right off. I frequently think they are the sickest one in the bunch.

bbm i was thinking about this very thing earlier today. on another thread they were talking about cindy's "silent interview" with speculation about the timing and whether she had just learned the awful truth that Caylee was in fact not coming back. we can all remember ca's actions throughout this ordeal imo at the beginning she was frantic. i get chills every time i listen to the 911 call. she was scared and i dont believe she was acting. i think after that call, sometime that night kc convinced her that Caylee was going to come home soon and alive. it wouldnt have been hard for kc to convince her bc she wanted to believe it so bad. nomatter what she knew about kc, her heart wanted to believe and hold on to the fact that Caylee was coming home safely. when she visited kc in jail, all she wanted was an answer that would bring Caylee home. i felt sorry for her all through that bc she does wear her motive on her sleeve and until the remains were found i thought her motive was to bring home a live Caylee and she was frantic to do that. defending kc was bc if kc was guilty then the evidence was valid and Caylee was gone. once she found out the truth, that Caylee was not coming home alive she went into save kc mode and all bets were off. i didnt feel very sorry for her anymore. on the other hand, i never saw ga as frantic to bring Caylee home. i think he was in save kc mode from the time he smelled that car if not before. i always thought it was when he smelled the car, but lately i have wondered what he knew before. sorry i went long. great thread idea.

Adding an answer to Pattymarie's question - Yes, I believe George holds the answers. I don't know if he's a tortured soul but I know he tortures me.

A lot of those behaviors are passive aggressive. I just read a couple of web pages of passive aggressive traits and feel he displays some of them. That is one of the reasons I would like to know why he changed jobs so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks