Housekeeping requests (was called New forum ideas)

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
This forum was created to help sort out the different pictures in this case so we aren't stepping all over each other while sleuthing.

Do you guys want to have each thread begin with a picture? Also, we can move old posts to the correct threads so we aren't recreating our wheels too.

ETA: THIS THREAD IS FOR REQUESTING THE MODS TO MOVE POSTS FOR YOU. This way BeanE and I can tell that the requests have been answered. :)

Here's an idea: As you find posts about one picture, put the links to the picture in here so the mods can create a new thread from the old posts. Then say what you want to title the thread. This is for the pics that are already being sleuthed.

We need to know if they have been submitted as well.

Be sure to PLEASE include a link to the post, or even use the alert button and say "this post belongs on the <insert thread title here> thread".

BTW, the main purpose of this thread is to get some feedback. You all have been spending a lot of time here and this is YOUR forum. So please make suggestions! :grouphug:

Just some thoughts, would like to see RA's time line by itself. Would like to see the news links by themselves. A lot of debate goes on and confusion as to possible victims during the period of his arrest between 71-74. How about a thread that says possible pre-arrest victims xx/xx/71 and possible post arrest victims (Aug 4, 74, I think).

BeanE is a timeline pro! Go ahead and start links like you described and please use this thread to help her with info on where Alcala's timeline can be found. Thanks!

I'll keep pulling posts from the general thread on each person as time allows too. If you guys can help us here with links on each person that will help a bunch! :grouphug:

BeanE is a timeline pro! Go ahead and start links like you described and please use this thread to help her with info on where Alcala's timeline can be found. Thanks!

I'll keep pulling posts from the general thread on each person as time allows too. If you guys can help us here with links on each person that will help a bunch! :grouphug:

JoefromLB already has put a lot of work into a good timeline here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Police asks help identifying the people in photos taken by murderer can it be moved to it's own thread and be edited as needed?

(with permisio of course!)

JoefromLB already has put a lot of work into a good timeline here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Police asks help identifying the people in photos taken by murderer can it be moved to it's own thread and be edited as needed?

(with permisio of course!)

WOW! That's GREAT! I don't have power in that forum, so I asked the mods to move it over here for us! Now BeanE and I can work on moving the pics from the general thread and it won't take as long. :)

ETA: I've got the power now! LOL

I would like to suggest putting pictures that are known to be the same person in the same thread.

For instance the girl with brown pants and tan or peach shirt has four or five pics in the stash.

And yes, Can we please have a sticky at the top of each thread with the links to the time line and also to the various news sites the pics are posted to. Some sites have pic's others do not and some sites are easier to navigate when zooming.

This way I could remove the links in my signature. They really don't fit well when I post on other threads, lol.

Thanks! :)

I'll be honest, I'm not the best when it comes to capturing pics. Please put all the pics you know of in each thread! GREAT idea!!!

And I will make a pics thread in the sticky forum. We already have the timeline thread in there!

And now you can have your siggy line back! :D

Organizing these posts is addictive! :D

My eyes are getting blurry so it's best I stop for the night. There is still a long way to go! Please feel free to add links to posts that belong on the threads that have been started and that will help other mods who want to come in and organize when I'm not around. You all probably know what it's like to pick up a job where someone left off. :eek:

I sure hope we can identify some of the people in these pictures! Thank you all for the time you've taken to help! :blowkiss:

If it's possible I'd like to keep the original thread and the posts that were written before the start of the subforum intact and just copy, not move, the relevant posts to new threads. This is because posts that are taken from the middle of a thread are not intended to start a topic-specific thread and so some of the thread starters here clearly begin mid-thought and discuss several ideas and people. It's already a bit confusing for me and it may get more confusing if people come back later to read and have no idea what was going on and which post refers to which discussion that preceded it.

I would like to suggest putting pictures that are known to be the same person in the same thread.

For instance the girl with brown pants and tan or peach shirt has four or five pics in the stash.

Thanks! :)
Seconded. Some people spent a lot of time discussing the white hat picture as a separate person because they didn't recognize her as the same woman in other pics.

Maybe we could come up with a numbered list of the pictures so we could be sure of referring to the same one at any point?

Seconded. Some people spent a lot of time discussing the white hat picture as a separate person because they didn't recognize her as the same woman in other pics.

Maybe we could come up with a numbered list of the pictures so we could be sure of referring to the same one at any point?

I think a numbering system for the pictures would be great.

What about a numbering system for the individuals in the pictures too?

Example: man and children at beach picture would have a number, say P1000.

The man would have a number, as would each child, say I5000, I5001, and I5002.

If you saw I5001-P1000, I5001-P2373, you would know that child could be seen in pictures P1000 and P2373.

If you saw P1000-I5000, P1000-I5001, P1000-I5002, you would know that picture P1000 had 3 individuals in it.

It could be extended with tags to indicate when an individual is found, e.g., I5001-F is a found individual.

P1000-I5000, P1000-I5001-F, P1000-I5002, P2373-F would tell you at a glance that picture P1000 has 3 individuals in it, one has 2 pictures, and the individual with 2 pictures has been found, but the other two individuals have not yet been found.

Just off the top of my head, thinking of a very simple and easy to remember system that would not only help us point to either specific people or specific pictures, but let us easily tie them together give some very high-level 'at-a-glance' info.

I think very simple, very high level, so it's quick and easy to remember, no need for a guide to figure out the numbering and tagging, which could defeat the purpose.

Another consideration would be adding in a one letter tag for male, female, or undetermined. If you're looking for either a picture or individual who's male, and the identifiers have a M on them, you can cut your searching time down by looking at only pictures and individuals with M tags and maybe the U tags.

Just some ideas before my coffee. You all have been working with this and are the experts! I'm just now tuning in, and here to do whatever makes this massive effort easier. I sure don't want to make it harder!

Please let me know what would help. Or tell me to control myself if I try to make things harder :)

Thanks,
BeanE

Is there some way we could post a document here on WS, with the thumbnails of the photos with links to the bigger pictures? Then you could number the photos and group them according to the individuals or any other features that seem to be shared between the photos, and refer to the numbers?

I've been working on a document like that but I don't know how to post it here and I don't have a blog or anything.

If it's possible I'd like to keep the original thread and the posts that were written before the start of the subforum intact and just copy, not move, the relevant posts to new threads. This is because posts that are taken from the middle of a thread are not intended to start a topic-specific thread and so some of the thread starters here clearly begin mid-thought and discuss several ideas and people. It's already a bit confusing for me and it may get more confusing if people come back later to read and have no idea what was going on and which post refers to which discussion that preceded it.

I already moved a whole bunch of them without a copy. I worked very hard at watching the conversation before the moves but might have missed some after. PLEASE, if you see a post from the general thread that belongs in a specific picture's thread, stick the link in the right thread and we mods will move it for you.

I already moved a whole bunch of them without a copy. I worked very hard at watching the conversation before the moves but might have missed some after. PLEASE, if you see a post from the general thread that belongs in a specific picture's thread, stick the link in the right thread and we mods will move it for you.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you want us to copy and paste the links in a post on this thread, and then you'll move them over? Or do you just want us to notify the mods when we see a post that belongs to a certain person on the new threads?

What about simply gathering the post #'s, in order, of all the pics of a certain subject (e.g. brunette with red necklace)? That would make it easier to move them over in the right order.

Any of those will work; links, post #s, whatever you can do to direct us to the post. It is really easy for us to move a post as long as we can locate it. :) Just put the directions in the thread it needs to go and that will make it easier for us to figure out. Then we can remove your "direction post" when we're done with the move. :)

Would there be any way to get the girl who looks like Rachel Trlica to get her own post to compare photos? She's been lost in the main thread, I think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back