UT - Lon Kennard Arrested on Child Sex Charges

Vegas Bride--On 2/21/10, I started a thread titled:

"Feed the Children" charity under fire/scurrilous allegations

I think your find feeds right into it and wins tope prize for slimiest behavior. Will it never stop? I noticed that there's more going on in the Feed the Children scandal. Nasty.

Can't anyone just feed the children without abusing them and exploiting them? When are children going to stop being chattel and negotiating chips and start being human beings?

Interesting that both these well known charities are crumbing at the same time.

Yes it's awful how these preditors work. In the article it said they did not know if children from the charity were the victims but I'm betting everything that they are! Just looking at his mugshot gives me the creeps.
In the local morning news they hinted at more information coming out so I'll keep an eye on this story.
This is also married and his wife involved with the charity, I'm waiting to find out what she's known.

VB

OMG. This is only about 30 minutes from where I live.

Outrages doesn't begin to describe what was going on.

Throw the book at 'em. Don' ever let them out so they can harm another child again.

Forty seven felony counts were filed by Wasatch County prosecutors against Lon Harvey Kennard Senior on Tuesday. The charges involve the abuse of seven underage girls over a 15 year period. Investigators claim during that time Kennard would sexually abuse some of the girls several times a week. According to their report, "Kennard also has an African girlfriend who is now 17 or 18 years of age."

Investigators claim he even maintains a house in Ethiopia that he kept from his family. "We believe there could have been some things going on there," said Todd Donner of the Wasatch County Sheriff's office.

more here

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/sl...with-child-sexual/wS9VE5rmWkmf04xxithwQg.cspx

========================================

The founder of a charity for children is accused of sexually abusing several of the kids he was supposed to be helping. 68-year-old Lon Harvey Kennard Sr. of Heber was part of an organization that helped orphans from Ethiopia. By all accounts Kennard was a respected member of the community. Now he sits in the Wasatch County jail held without bail.
The sheriff said a citizen came forward with information about possible abuse and the earliest charge notes incidents occurred in 1995 and 1996.

The Kennards raised six biological children in their home just outside of Heber. They also adopted six other children from Ethiopia while they founded Village of Hope.

more here

http://connect2utah.com/content/fulltext/?cid=81201

On the local morning news today they mentioned this and have now said it was his son who found things on his computer and reported him.
I can't imagine the struggles his family will be facing bacause of all this.
I'm wondering if all the children they adopted are female or if they also adopted boys.

VB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back