Facebook -MySpace- Social networking pages for Anna

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Please link your active social networking sites such as facebook, myspace, or other social networking sites for Anna here.

This is a good place to add any links to you-tube videos for Annas case as well.

Hi Everyone, this is my link to my Anna's group on Facebook.

Anna Christian Waters Missing, January 1973 Half Moon Bay

Please join! We're at 91 members now. Not alot of conversation, but the group is slowing growing.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=6080498620

Love, Sidekick
I'm not a member of Facebook but it seems like it's quite international. You might consider adding your message in a few key languages other than English. That might be another way of accessing certain countries that we have been discussing.

I found this Italian facebook page for people looking for their birth parents. I can't add a comment (not being a Facebook member) but it might be worth adding one for Anna if you can!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=18735021757

I'm not a member of Facebook but it seems like it's quite international. You might consider adding your message in a few key languages other than English. That might be another way of accessing certain countries that we have been discussing.

I found this Italian facebook page for people looking for their birth parents. I can't add a comment (not being a Facebook member) but it might be worth adding one for Anna if you can!

Hi Pink,

I went to this facebook page and I clicked on the blue Translate button up above on my tool bar and I can read the posts in English. Now if Sidekick could go to this site and requests friends with this person with Anna's page would that get her in to the loop here here? I don't know how to get her page with this page.

Bern

I've been busy tonight (lol)...I've found another facebook site that could be interesting...

http://www.makeuseof.com/dir/facialprofiler-find-people-who-look-like-you-on-facebook/

I thought it was interesting. Maybe something else to try?

ETA - It might be interesting to plug GB's picture into this as well...

Thank you, I started emailing a company with this software and they never responded. This is what we were trying to do a few months back in Jan. Thank you for the link!!!!

Hi Pink,

I went to this facebook page and I clicked on the blue Translate button up above on my tool bar and I can read the posts in English. Now if Sidekick could go to this site and requests friends with this person with Anna's page would that get her in to the loop here here? I don't know how to get her page with this page.

Bern

Hi Pink and Bern... Awesome to find these FB Groups. I cannot find on my toolbar, as translation button!! Help!

SK

I just added Searching for Anna by her family and my FB Group on the Italian FB Adoptee Group!

Hi Pink and Bern... Awesome to find these FB Groups. I cannot find on my toolbar, as translation button!! Help!

SK
If you have a Yahoo account, you can use their BabelFish to translate a web page.:innocent:

If you have a Yahoo account, you can use their BabelFish to translate a web page.:innocent:

Thanks, but when the FB group is up my tool bar is Internet Explorer.... I'll keep trying! xox

If you click on your link, you will see Sidekicks posts and links to Anna page. :dance::dance: There is a white button to the upper right that says translate. it is a tutorial on how to do it. :dance:

I'm so happy that this has worked out! Thanks for doing this. If you think other countries might of interest (Greece, etc...) there may be a way to look for similar sites directly on Facebook? If not, I found this site by googling "looking for birth parents/family" in Italian. I suppose that the same could be done in other languages.

In the meantime, I'll continue to try to find other Italian forums that might be of interest.

I tried the facial profiler with Anna's most recent photo and got one match, it is only 56% I put it on my wall in facebook if you want to see it.

I will try maybe using more photos of her. The program wants 3 but I only had the lasted one as my profile photo. The first time I ran it, it didn't come up with any matches, it took a second try so I don't know how well this works. I got one person, I don't want to put her face here and her name as I don't think that would be appropriate but I you can go to my page and look on face book. She looks way to young, and her hair is very dark. But it was only a 56% match.

I'm so happy that this has worked out! Thanks for doing this. If you think other countries might of interest (Greece, etc...) there may be a way to look for similar sites directly on Facebook? If not, I found this site by googling "looking for birth parents/family" in Italian. I suppose that the same could be done in other languages.

In the meantime, I'll continue to try to find other Italian forums that might be of interest.

This is a great idea! Maybe Annasmom can do this in greek, since she is the only person I know here who speaks, writes, reads greek. I think Greece might be a possibility since GW went to school in Greece.

I'm forgetting off the top of my head which countries GW travelled to, but perhaps if Annasmom would be so kind to list them again, we could have someone who speaks, writes, reads the language do the same.

It is an excellent way to get Annas info out there in more languages than just english!

:woohoo::woohoo:

Thank you guys for the new creative idea's! You rock!

I went outside to clean the pool, it is like meditation to me and I just sort of think while I scoop out bit of dust and pollen. I was thinking of the facial profiler and the photo I used is the age progression of Anna at age 41. What if Anna's mom put a photo of herself at age 40 or so and ran it though? I wonder if that would help? Just thinking here. Maybe the software would come up with a better match. Lots of girls are the spitting image of their moms as they get older. Let me know if you want to email a pic to me and I will upload it and run it again.

Sidekick - I tried to access your Facebook account (from your link on this thread) but I can't get in without being a Facebook member. Is it intentionally closed off to the public??? I CAN get onto it through the link you posted on the Italian Facebook site. (STRANGE ???)

Bern - I would love to see the facial profiler picture - can you give a link to your address?

Sidekick/Bern - I did a brief translation (Italian) regarding Anna and left it in Sidekick's private messages.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back