Possible Alcala victims?

smart blonde

Websleuths Member
Reaction score
Many reports have stated that Alcala sometimes "smashed in" his victim's faces and heads.

This thread is for corpses/skeletons found with this same type of facial and/or cranial destruction, that have not yet been linked to Alcala, or any other killer.

Unidentified bodies/skeletons with this type of injury- especially found in desert locations, should be listed and discussed in this thread.

The time frame of these types of discoveries would start from the beginning of Alcala's known killing spree, until the present day- as there may still be victims of Alcala whose bodies/ skeletons have yet to be found.

Many reports have stated that Alcala sometimes "smashed in" his victim's faces and heads.

This thread is for corpses/skeletons found with this same type of facial and/or cranial destruction, that have not yet been linked to Alcala, or any other killer.

Unidentified bodies/skeletons with this type of injury- especially found in desert locations, should be listed and discussed in this thread.

The time frame of these types of discoveries would start from the beginning of Alcala's known killing spree, until the present day- as there may still be victims of Alcala whose bodies/ skeletons have yet to be found.

I'll help look on doe network. Good idea. Thanks

I think we can rule out http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/119ufma.html
as being an Alcala victim on account of she was found in July 1974 and it was estimated she had been dead for three weeks at the most. According to Joe's timeline Alcala was released on parole in August 1974.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/661uffl.html
The nightgown and the hair in rollers make me think domestic violence but who knows.

Yes, my first thought too but then again she could have been abducted/killed from her home while she was sleeping. Interestingly, St Pete police exhumed this doe a few weeks ago along with 2 others in order to get DNA and identify them. Havent heard anything recently.

I didn't know where to stick this one. Mods please merge/move/delete, etc. if needed.

I am not certain where Alcala was on the date that Jacci went missing (September 3, 1977 or near that date). It is possible he was in N.H. though??

I haven't found if that anyone else had been convicted of this crime or not. If I do find out it was resolved, I will post update.

--
September 13, 1977

Missing Woman's Body Said Located

The body of a 21 year old Spokane woman (Jacci Snyder) missing 10 days in N.H. was found in a wooded area near Lee, N.H...apparently victim of foul play

See link for rest of article: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=qcESAAAAIBAJ&sjid=8PgDAAAAIBAJ&dq=missing woman&pg=4915,3066068

I didn't know where to stick this one. Mods please merge/move/delete, etc. if needed.

I am not certain where Alcala was on the date that Jacci went missing (September 3, 1977 or near that date). It is possible he was in N.H. though??

I haven't found if that anyone else had been convicted of this crime or not. If I do find out it was resolved, I will post update.

--
September 13, 1977

Missing Woman's Body Said Located

The body of a 21 year old Spokane woman (Jacci Snyder) missing 10 days in N.H. was found in a wooded area near Lee, N.H...apparently victim of foul play

See link for rest of article: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=qcESAAAAIBAJ&sjid=8PgDAAAAIBAJ&dq=missing woman&pg=4915,3066068

I brought Jackie up in the first thread we had, but can't find a picture of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
http://doj.nh.gov/coldcaseunit/listi...nne-snyder.htm

The above link doesn't have a picture. Does anyone know what Jacylnne Snyder looked like? Is there a picture out there somewhere? I believe Acala was back on the East coast during the time she was murdered. (correct me if I'm wrong). She went missing 9/4/77 and her body was found 9/14/77.

Alcala was in NY in July and is suspected of murdering Ellen Hover on July 15th.
He was back in Los Angeles sometime in September because that's the month he was hired by the L.A. Times as a typesetter, according to reports. The exact date is not clear, however. It could have been at the end of the month, who knows...

It's too bad there is no photo available for Jaclynne. I've looked around and can't find one, either.

Shoot, sorry Billyee! I didn't notice that Jacci had been discussed before. I haven't able to find any pic of her either. I will continue looking and see what comes up.

I brought Jackie up in the first thread we had, but can't find a picture of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
http://doj.nh.gov/coldcaseunit/listi...nne-snyder.htm

The above link doesn't have a picture. Does anyone know what Jacylnne Snyder looked like? Is there a picture out there somewhere? I believe Acala was back on the East coast during the time she was murdered. (correct me if I'm wrong). She went missing 9/4/77 and her body was found 9/14/77.

Alcala was in NY in July and is suspected of murdering Ellen Hover on July 15th.
He was back in Los Angeles sometime in September because that's the month he was hired by the L.A. Times as a typesetter, according to reports. The exact date is not clear, however. It could have been at the end of the month, who knows...

It's too bad there is no photo available for Jaclynne. I've looked around and can't find one, either.

I thought it might be nice to have a thread that we could post "interesting finds" we might run across while researching, that may be related to Alcala, that would require someone who has full access to the records for complete article/information.

For example:

I found the following article preview, but, I do not have access to the complete article. Is there anyone here that does have access to the "New York Times" who would be willing to look up this article for complete details and check for any updates? Thank you.

Article Preview

STRANGLED WOMAN STILL UNIDENTIFIED

March 4, 1970, Wednesday
Page 32, 153 words

SOUTH NYACK, N. Y., March 2 The unidentified body of a young woman found in a wooded area here Sunday has prompted several dozen calls from distraught families in various parts of the country who are seeking a missing girl. [ END OF FIRST PARAGRAPH ]
http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F1081FFC3D5C1B7493C6A91788D85F448785F9

Police in Seattle are looking at a possible connection between Alcala and 2 young women who were killed there in the late 1970's.

Antionette Witaker, 13
Joyce Gaunt, 15

I'll post the link as soon as I can find it. The story was in today's Los Angeles Times.

Look in the media links up in the sticky section.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back