LWhite1.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 314
  • lwhite4.jpg
    lwhite4.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 299
  • lwhite.jpg
    lwhite.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 335
It's probably just the way these two girls are holding their mouths, but there is some resemblance to Lisa Joy White and the UID girl.

The Unidentified girl appears to have a bit more chin than LJW.

It's probably just the way these two girls are holding their mouths, but there is some resemblance to Lisa Joy White and the UID girl. I agree with everyone else regarding Debra Kidwell- she's close.

Snuf...those two girls look eerily similar. I would keep that on radar. I can see what Carl is saying about the chins but obviously the girl in the Alcala pix is older and she's filled out a little. I like it.

It's probably just the way these two girls are holding their mouths, but there is some resemblance to Lisa Joy White and the UID girl. I agree with everyone else regarding Debra Kidwell- she's close.

Lisa Joy White:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

I think the LJW possibility is close enough to call in. It's not just features but also expressions and the way she holds her head -- those things don't necessarily change with age.

Lynn Bernadette Luray? Missing from Long Beach, CA, at age 15 since 1964.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/luray_lynn.html

There are some similarities here, especially the eyes. The hair is different, however. She may have grown it longer and straightened it. I don't know...
The girl in Alcala's photo looks older than 15 to me. There are no details available of the circumstances of Luray's disappearance, other than "she may have traveled out of the area with an adult male". Was she a runaway?
Where was Alcala in August, 1964? The timeline I've seen has him in the Army between 1961-64, and then nothing until his graduation from UCLA in 1968.

NCMC1126040c1.jpg
kz6i9c-kz6i8j0114.jpg

There are some similarities here, especially the eyes. The hair is different, however. She may have grown it longer and straightened it. I don't know...
The girl in Alcala's photo looks older than 15 to me. There are no details available of the circumstances of Luray's disappearance, other than "she may have traveled out of the area with an adult male". Was she a runaway?
Where was Alcala in August, 1964? The timeline I've seen has him in the Army between 1961-64, and then nothing until his graduation from UCLA in 1968.

NCMC1126040c1.jpg
kz6i9c-kz6i8j0114.jpg

WHOA! That is a very good catch, IMO. This girl could have been a runaway and the pic by Alcala was taken a year or two or three later. Are there any other pics of Luray? I'd love to see one where her mouth is closed.

NCMC1126040c1.jpg
kz6i9c-kz6i8j0114.jpg

That's exactly what I was thinking when I brought her up, that it looks like maybe a year or so down the road. Maybe the CP picture is a year younger one also and that they didn't have a more current picture? I was hoping maybe CarlK could work his magic crayon over this gals photo. (I don't know how he does that, but it's a cool trick!)

That's exactly what I was thinking when I brought her up, that it looks like maybe a year or so down the road. Maybe the CP picture is a year younger one also and that they didn't have a more current picture? I was hoping maybe CarlK could work his magic crayon over this gals photo. (I don't know how he does that, but it's a cool trick!)

Here is the overlay mirrored, and aligned on the chin and nose. It doesn't line up that well.

2244165100045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

NCMC1126040c1.jpg
kz6i9c-kz6i8j0114.jpg

I don't think the hair matters. Most of us changed to that long straight style somewhere around 1967, often using straighteners if necessary. Or her older hairdo could have been permed and was almost certainly teased.

I imagine Alcala must have been in school by August. That would make for a normal four-year graduation. It sounds like even if she wasn't a runaway, she was still alive for some time after she disappeared. More likely she went up to LA -- everybody was heading there -- and hung around with the young hippie crowd. Fifteen wasn't as young then as it is now...

That said, I don't think it's her. The girl in the photo has a narrower skull and a slightly longer jaw, though Luray's face looks longer overall. Though possibly it's just from growing up and losing weight.

I don't think the hair matters. Most of us changed to that long straight style somewhere around 1967, often using straighteners if necessary. Or her older hairdo could have been permed and was almost certainly teased.

I imagine Alcala must have been in school by August. That would make for a normal four-year graduation. It sounds like even if she wasn't a runaway, she was still alive for some time after she disappeared. More likely she went up to LA -- everybody was heading there -- and hung around with the young hippie crowd. Fifteen wasn't as young then as it is now...

That said, I don't think it's her. The girl in the photo has a narrower skull and a slightly longer jaw, though Luray's face looks longer overall. Though possibly it's just from growing up and losing weight.

UCLA is on the quarter system, and the Fall quarter doesn't start until mid-September. I graduated there in 1978, and I recall classes started around Sept. 20th.

As far as the face is concerned, yes there seem to be some differences, though the eyes are really striking. I'm thinking the girl in the picture is around 19 years old, so there could be some narrowing of the face from "growing up".

Here is the overlay mirrored, and aligned on the chin and nose. It doesn't line up that well.

2244165100045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

Carl, thanks for that! I gotta go now, but I was wondering, when you do that does it take into consideration the fact the distance the picture is taken? I mean, one is obviously more a close up than the other, do you shrink it to fit the eyes and then overlay? I gotta try this, it's very interesting! Thanks again.

Carl, thanks for that! I gotta go now, but I was wondering, when you do that does it take into consideration the fact the distance the picture is taken? I mean, one is obviously more a close up than the other, do you shrink it to fit the eyes and then overlay? I gotta try this, it's very interesting! Thanks again.

I see the similarities but to me, the distance from the bottom of the lips to tip of chin is much longer for Alcala photo girl than the other girl.
Also, Alcala girl photo has straighter nose, the others is a little crooked.

One thing to look for in some photo's I don't think people look at enough is hairlines. I know hairstyles change, but kinks and cowlicks often stay put.

The overlay is can be scaled and rotated, so the difference in size and head tilt can easily be adjusted for. In this case, I mirrored, rotated, and shrank the overlay until the nose and chin were aligned. I probably should have aligned eyes and nose, or cheekbones and nose because it would be off if the person's teeth aren't tight together.

In this case, there is a significant difference in the vertical and horizontal spacing of their facial features, so I wouldn't have been able to align the unnamed girl's face to the trace regardless of where the anchor points were set.

This girl standing by the window in the hat has also been discussed as a possible match to Luray, as well as to a possible Jane Doe found in Mendocino County, CA.

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00133.jpg

I have to go to work now, but will try to find some of those posts on the big thread later to get them moved over here.

i really think donna manson is a good possibility, too.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/565dfwa.html

I agree. She was thought to be a victim of Ted Bundy, and he confessed to her killing, but her body has never been found. The timeline for Alcala is a problem, as he was still in prison when she went missing, but it's possible she just left town. She was depressed at the time, according to reports.
Alcala could have met up with her after August when he was released on parole.

2011323809.jpg
manson_donna.jpg

There's a striking resemblance here.

They don't have the same shoulders, either. Luray has "sloped" shoulders, the girl in the Alcala photo has more "squared" shoulders.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back