GUILTY OH - Richard Finch for child sexual abuse, Madison Twp, 2010

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Perverts have to screw up *everything* .... I'll never hear KC & the Sunshine Band & not cringe & get sick to my stomach....I'm glad those boys came forward so this creep could be outed...it must have taken a lot for them to do this.

NEWARK, Ohio -- A fourth teenaged boy alleges a co-founder of K.C. & the Sunshine Band sexually molested him, ABC6-Fox28 News has learned.

Richard, 56, Finch remained at the Licking County Jail on Thursday evening, charged with gross sexual imposition, according to the Licking County Sheriff’s Office. He had yet to post bond.

Law enforcement is asking that a Licking County grand jury consider additional charges of sexual imposition, gross sexual imposition, importuning and unlawful sexual conduct with a minor, court records state. Licking County Assistant Prosecutor Tracy Van Winkle said the prosecutor's office anticipates filing additional charges.

more here

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_3279.shtml

ETA:

Former bandmate denies Finch's importance to KC and the Sunshine Band

NEWARK -- With Richard Finch still in the Licking County Justice Center, former bandmate Harry Wayne "K.C." Casey denied Finch's importance to KC and the Sunshine Band.

Finch, 56, last known address 11737 Cross Road, Madison Township, was charged Wednesday with gross sexual imposition, a fourth-degree felony, after detectives say he admitted to sexual contact with boys between 13 and 17 years old, according the affidavit for his arrest.

Casey issued a statement Thursday, seeking to clarify Finch's role in the band created in 1973. The statement reported Finch's participation in the band started in 1974 and ended in 1980.

"In the 30 years since, Mr. Finch has continuously held onto the illusion and given the impression that his contribution was much more integral than it actually was," according to Casey's statement.

more here

http://www.newarkadvocate.com/article/20100325/UPDATES01/100325017/1002/news01

Another one off the play list, in my book. I just can't support artists who choose this path. Prayers to the victims, that's not an easy thing for young men to speak up about.

NEWARK, Ohio (AP) - Telling a judge he was embarrassed, disgusted and ashamed, a former member of KC and the Sunshine Band has been sentenced in Ohio to seven years in prison for sex charges involving teen boys.

Bassist and music producer Richard Finch entered pleas of no contest in Licking County Common Pleas Court on Monday to unlawful sexual conduct with a minor and several other charges.

http://www.9news.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=168432

oh NO. That stratocaster solo in Boogie Shoes is one velevety sweet piece of music.

Thank God it's not K.C. :(

oh NO. That stratocaster solo in Boogie Shoes is one velevety sweet piece of music.

Thank God it's not K.C. :(
I love that strat solo too fortunately it wasnt played by the bassist.
And I dont care what any one says the hook in 'Thats the Way' is killer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back