GUILTY MO - Leeya Wiseman-Guzman, 2, beaten to death, Kansas City, 22 March 2010

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The hunt is on for a person of interest in the murder of a toddler.

Police want to talk with Juan DeLeon, 25, the boyfriend of the child's mother.

DeLeon was inside a house in the 1400 block of Bellefontaine Avenue about 7 p.m. Monday when paramedics arrived.

They were sent to the house on a report of a 2-year-old child in cardiac arrest, according to information on Kansas City Police Chief Jim Corwin's blog.

Paramedics found Leeya Wiseman-Guzman dead and DeLeon standing over the child's body.

DeLeon was upset and allegedly told the EMT's, "I've gotta get out of here.”

more here

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/conten...Murder-of-Toddler/IL5RGQX5vUyC6gY-HquX0w.cspx

ETA: above link doesn't work any more & I'm still looking for the news about DeLeon on nbcactionnews.com's site.
==================================

Video w/ pictures of little Leeya

http://www.kctv5.com/video/22958429/index.html

==================================

The family said via an e-mail that Leeya was full of life and liked to play with family and friends. She was excited about wearing a new dress on Easter.

Instead, the family is now planning her funeral for Friday. Moreno said Leeya's mother is hurting.

"It's got to be really hard knowing she left the baby with him," she said. "You never know about people. I don't trust anyone with my kids."

http://www.kctv5.com/news/22958783/detail.html#

GUZMAN_ME_032510_MLR_17458F_03-26-2010_SU1ELERC.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

Leeya's picture from kansascity.com

:rose: Fly with the angels, little Leeya :rose:

I'm sorry you didn't get to wear your new dress. :(

Prayers for those that loved you & will miss you.

Look, I understand the need for human companionship. People want to be in love. But I have been seeing and reading about a mother's boyfriend abusing and/or killing her child/children WAY too much. I know you don't always really know people, and it is hard to seperate the good from the evil. But please, PLEASE, all mothers out there, get to know these men, even if it takes months, years. There can be warning signs. Don't just trust these men because they seem nice. You, and you alone are responsible for the safety of your children! Please put their safety above anything else!!!!!

I am with the lady in the video..........I don't trust many people with children. So sad..

Poor baby! I am sitting here crying because this is the third or fourth case I have read like this this morning alone. One is to many. These mothers have got to wake the *ell up! RIP sweet girl.

What a beautiful baby. RIP sweet angel.

soar with the angels Leeya---your killer was found guilty but no one can bring all these innocent children back. I just felt you needed words of love today!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back