Reviving Public Awareness for Hasanni

WhyaDuck?

Inactive
Reaction score
It's been over seven long months since Hasanni went missing, and, aside from a few mentions here and there, the case has nearly dropped off the public radar. I still think of Hasanni every day - I think of him every time I see my siggy line, which links to this forum. It is so unfair that such a precious, innocent child has just vanished and we are all so helpless.

I would like to revive the public interest in the case, so I have opened this thread for people to share ideas and discuss efforts to help the search for Hasanni. By keeping Hasanni's name, image and story alive in the media and public eye, even those of us hundreds of miles away can help Hasanni and those who love him.

BRING HASANNI HOME, OR BRING HIM JUSTICE!

Hasanni+Campbell1.jpg

If you are new to the case, please take a moment to browze the threads and offer some fresh perspective.

I am going to send out a few emails tonight to some missing persons blogs to ask them to post about Hasanni again or bump his case. I will also be re-posting his poster on my personal blog.

I ask anyone with a Facebook or other social networking site account to give Hasanni's case a mention just to refresh the public memory.

What a great idea WhyaDuck - seems this case is cold. I was cleaning out my files and found an old video of an interview with this guy. He seemed even more arrogant than I remembered him to be and throughout the interview, no matter what was being discussed, it always came back to being about him. Really sickening. moo

We're still thinking of you, little man.

It'll soon be time to make the most of the (sadly) one year mark, so please start thinking of all the missing persons blogs, sites, etc, and all the news media outlets we can start emailing to get Hasanni's case in the media as much as possible

We can't let this little guy be forgotten. He means too much to all of us.

The week of August 10, please be sure to Twitter, FB, blog and email/talk about Hasanni to get his case back in front of people. It might also be good if we all show some sort of support on out WS posts - in our signatures or avatars or byline, or such, to try to bring more people to this forum.

All the info you need is here in one easy place:
http://www.helpfindmychild.net/hassani-campbell

Hassani Campbell is still missing and needs to be found!

Information about his whereabouts has a reward of $75,000.

Anyone with information about Hasanni is urged to call the Oakland Police Department at (510) 777-3211 or (510) 238-7934 or Crime Stoppers at (510) 777-8572. or National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)

From Craigslist (pass it on):

3n73m03l45Z35X25S0a6l7321669e4f5d1c5a.jpg

Date: 2010-06-21, 11:56AM PDT

Are you a clown or balloon maker or face painter? We need you. We are a non profit foundation sponsoring a BBQ for Hasanni Campbell. Hasanni is a 5 year old child that was reported missing August 10, 2009 in Rockridge. This event will mark 11 months that he is missing and we are sponsoring this awareness day at THE COLLEGE AVENUE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH. This will be a tips only gig as we are non profit however we are willing to give a donation receipt for you for tax purposes. It is time that the community comes together and starts protecting our children. We thank you in advance for your kindness and look forward to hearing from you. The media will be present at this event!

See listing for contact info:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ats/1803354667.html

This thread is a good place to collect all such events, rallies, etc., so please keep it updated as the one year mark draws closer. I hope the most will be made of this sad anniversary in the media.

Please remember to start sending out emails to news outlets, bloggers, missing persons shows/sites, radio/tv stations, etc., about Hasanni's case.

We need to make August 10 a big media day to remind everyone Hasanni has not yet been found.

We all still love you and think about Hasanni - we're not going anywhere until you are found. :heart:

Why is this in the missing/located forum? Was his body recovered? I'm sure I would have heard about it.

What a precious sweet looking little boy. When I think about what his life must have been like...my heart just breaks.

He looks just like a little angel.

Why is this in the missing/located forum? Was his body recovered? I'm sure I would have heard about it.

What a precious sweet looking little boy. When I think about what his life must have been like...my heart just breaks.

He looks just like a little angel.

This is the forum for the missing and/or located - Hasanni is still missing, and has not yet been recovered. :(

Ah...ty. I keep wondering why there hasn't been more attention given to this. I just don't understand it.

Ah...ty. I keep wondering why there hasn't been more attention given to this. I just don't understand it.

I know, it's really difficult to understand for me, as well. I think it is largely due to him being a foster kid - he has no parents to speak of to keep fighting for him in the media, so his case just dropped out of view.

I'm hoping we can get some revival going for the one year mark.

This case breaks my heart. Such a sweet little man. :(

He looks like an angel.

It's so unfair. It seems his entire life was...unfair is the most innocuous word I can use right now.

I don't know how to say this without sounding callous, but I feel that he is in a better place right now. I also feel that this child's life should be given enough respect that...hopefully...he can be laid to rest (if he is, as I suspect, gone from this earth) and that the person who is responsible is held accountable.

I'm sure that if he has passed on, those things don't matter to him, but they should matter to us.

Otherwise, any child who does not have a strong responsible adult to speak for him or her is in danger of being discarded like so much refuge.

Hasanni was reported missing around 4.15pm on August 10, 2009 (that's when he officially went "missing," but I have a feeling something happened to him earlier than that) - it'll soon be a year, and no solution to this case.

Please remember to give Hasanni a mention on your blogs, FB, Twitter, etc, as this sad milestone draws closer.

Hasanni, you sweet little man - where have you gone or what has someone done with you? The one year anniversary is weighing heavily on our minds.

That sad anniversary is quickly approaching. Hassani, you may be gone, but your beautiful smile (and I'm sure equally beautiful soul) is not forgotten.

Please remember to blog, Tweet and FB about Hasanni today, and spread the word that he is still missing!

Little Hasanni, you are not forgotten.

It's been one year with no answers; it's time for you to be found, and for you to have justice.

((((Hasanni))))

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back