GUILTY MO - Tyler Fecko, 11, dies of alcohol poisoning, Joplin, 27 July 2009

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Dale Phillips aged 27 is being charged with 2nd degree murder and felony child endangerment charges in the death of his nephew, Tyler Fecko.

Phillips and his girlfriend Linda Petrait also 27 challenged the 11 year old in a drinking game. Later the boy was found deceased and autopsy concluded he died of alcohol poisining.

This happened in 2009. I noticed the mom had spoken out somewhere. What's wrong with people? Seriously?

http://www.news-leader.com/article/...er-for-trial-in-drinking-death-of-11-year-old

How stupid is this? Just stupid! At 27 you should know better. No Excuse for such awful behavior towards a child. STUPID!!!!!!!

Salem

People. Sad. Your own nephew none the less.

Completely avoidable death of a child.

wow what the heck. might as well have told him to put a gun with 5 empty chambers to his head and keep squezain

http://www.kmbc.com/news/29516854/detail.html

Petrait and her 29-year-old boyfriend, Dale Phillips, were charged in the July 2009 death of Phillips' nephew, Tyler Fecko. Authorities said the two Joplin residents were playing a drinking game with the boy while he was staying at Phillips' apartment.

Sick, sick sick sick
Poor guy... Sigh.
My son is 12 so when I read this I got a chill in my bones.

This is just too frickin' sad!!! Who are these moronic adults thinking it is okay to "feed" alcohol to youngsters ?

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/x345568759/Woman-pleads-guilty-in-boy-s-drinking-game-death

Linda Petrait, the girlfriend of the victim's uncle, Dale G. Phillips, 29, was accused of playing a drinking game with the 11-year-old boy that led to his death. Phillips also faces charges of second-degree murder and first-degree child endangerment. His court case remains pending.

You can't even blame it on them being young.. they were 29 years old!!!
Sigh...

Poor kid was 11. At that age you do your best to keep up with anything that is going on and you still need the guidance of responsible adults. So sad.

Ugh. It's one thing to allow a preteen or teen to taste a bit of wine at dinner. It's completely another to play a drinking game. WHAT were they thinking?!

I'm about 15 miles from Joplin and remember reading about this in the Globe the morning after. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? still is the definitive question.

Woman sent to prison in drinking-game death (Joplin Globe)
JOPLIN, Mo. — Linda Petrait chose not to testify at a hearing Friday where the judge eventually assessed her 13 years in prison for her role in the July 2009 death of 11-year-old Tyler Fecko of Joplin.

Petrait, 29, was the girlfriend of Fecko’s uncle, Dale G. Phillips, 29, when they allegedly played a drinking game with the boy resulting in his death. She pleaded guilty in October to second-degree murder and felony child endangerment.

But various family members and friends assured the court at her sentencing hearing Friday in Jasper County Circuit Court that she loved the boy and has been paying dearly for what happened to him with court-enforced loss of contact with her own two children, ages 9 and 6.
---
the rest at link above

“She was thinking good enough not to give it to her kids,” Edwards said. “So why couldn’t she be thinking good enough not to give it to mine?”

From wfgodot's link above. This is a perfect statement from the mother. Well done.

From March 2012:

http://lakeexpo.com/news/top_storie...cle_8aad4972-7897-11e1-9638-001871e3ce6c.html

The judge sentenced Phillips, 29, to 10 years for second-degree murder and five years for felony child endangerment, with the terms to run concurrently.

Phillips pleaded guilty to both counts Jan. 30 in a plea deal with the Jasper County prosecutor's office. The agreement limited the sentences he might receive to 13 years and five years, which are the length of prison terms that his girlfrIend Linda L. Petrait, 29, received from Circuit Judge David Mouton for the same convictions.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back