VA - Morgan Harrington - What do you think?

What do you think?

• The police know who murdered Morgan Harrington

Votes: 34 15.2%
  • The police do not know who murdered Morgan Harrington

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • There is not enough evidence to make an arrest

Votes: 46 20.5%
  • There is only one person involved and he is part of an elite group

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • There is more than one person involved

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • An arrest(s) will be made this year

Votes: 24 10.7%
  • An arrest will never be made

Votes: 16 7.1%

• Total voters
arielilane,

Great idea for a poll, but I wanted to vote for 4 of the statements but couldn't & all 4 are of equal value to me.

I agree. I think LE has an idea who did it, and are still awaiting test results, and perhaps one person to come forward with the nail in the coffin info, and that an arrest will be made this year.

arielilane,

Great idea for a poll, but I wanted to vote for 4 of the statements but couldn't & all 4 are of equal value to me.

I also agree. I think that they know who did this. They are just waiting for something concrete to pin this on them.

I believe that others in the community also know. That was the reason for that press conference reaching out to the residents of the area and phone line for info from the community.

They just don't have what they need and they certainly don't want to make a risky move.

i think an arrest will be made later....time....results....
gotta hope ..with dan and all

I think the police have an idea about who murdered Morgan, but need more evidence for an arrest/successful trial.

:rose: Justice for Morgan.

Unfortunately, with this most likely being a stranger killing, and Morgan's body having taken so long to find, I fear that they won't have a clue who this is until he strikes again and eventually slips up...however I hope that he already has messed up and they have SOMETHING to go on that we are unaware of. Then again 'expect the worst and hope for the best' is sort of my family motto.

This is one case that I would really like to see solved. I've thought back about the abduction site. Her phone was in the parking lot where she was seen by some of the sports team. Someone reported someone like her walking across the bridge, and other sightings have her hitchhiking on the other side of the bridge. I keep thinking about how extremely unusual it would be for someone her age to drop her cell phone, cigarettes and possessions and not notice. That was the theory circulated at the time ... that she was so out of it that she dropped her bag, didn't notice, and then wandered over to the street to hitchhike. I'm inclined to think the more obvious ... that she was abducted in the parking lot, dropper her bag during the attack ... and someone else was hitchhiking.

Being so out of it on drugs and alcohol that she dropped her bag and willingly got into a hitchhiking vehicle some distance away is quite different from walking through a parking lot and having someone grab her and pull her into a vehicle ... then tossing her bag and phone onto the ground before driving away.

The other thing that bothered me about this case was how she got to that part of the field. The DNA matched the sexual assault DNA from years earlier ... the guy is somewhere ... and someone knows him ... but where is he? I doubt he stopped attacking women.

MH_WantedOriginal.jpg

This is one case that I would really like to see solved. I've thought back about the abduction site. Her phone was in the parking lot where she was seen by some of the sports team. Someone reported someone like her walking across the bridge, and other sightings have her hitchhiking on the other side of the bridge. I keep thinking about how extremely unusual it would be for someone her age to drop her cell phone, cigarettes and possessions and not notice. That was the theory circulated at the time ... that she was so out of it that she dropped her bag, didn't notice, and then wandered over to the street to hitchhike. I'm inclined to think the more obvious ... that she was abducted in the parking lot, dropper her bag during the attack ... and someone else was hitchhiking.

Being so out of it on drugs and alcohol that she dropped her bag and willingly got into a hitchhiking vehicle some distance away is quite different from walking through a parking lot and having someone grab her and pull her into a vehicle ... then tossing her bag and phone onto the ground before driving away.

The other thing that bothered me about this case was how she got to that part of the field. The DNA matched the sexual assault DNA from years earlier ... the guy is somewhere ... and someone knows him ... but where is he? I doubt he stopped attacking women.
Bolded by me.

There are a LOT of missing women in VA.

It is so sad that they still to this day have not found who killed Morgan. I agree with Otto. I think she was abducted from the parking lot and they tossed her things or she dropped them when she was abducted. I do not think she was hitch hiking.
..One thing I wonder about that many have disregarded is the dogs tracked her scent to the Foods of All Nations. From sources that I read, the police said that her scent could have been there because it had been windy and her scent could have drifted. They don't seem to think she was there, but I trust the scent dogs and I do think she was there at some point. I hope and pray they find her murderer soon. This has gone on way too long. God bless Dan, Gil, Alex and especially Morgan.

I think this case is a "whodunit" - LE doesn't seem to have anything tying someone close to MR to the case, and complete stranger cases are more difficult to solve.

It is so sad that they still to this day have not found who killed Morgan. I agree with Otto. I think she was abducted from the parking lot and they tossed her things or she dropped them when she was abducted. I do not think she was hitch hiking.
..One thing I wonder about that many have disregarded is the dogs tracked her scent to the Foods of All Nations. From sources that I read, the police said that her scent could have been there because it had been windy and her scent could have drifted. They don't seem to think she was there, but I trust the scent dogs and I do think she was there at some point. I hope and pray they find her murderer soon. This has gone on way too long. God bless Dan, Gil, Alex and especially Morgan.

If you trust the scent dogs, you should know that they agree with the multiple witnesses who saw her hitch hiking on the bridge. They place her there, and as you said, possibly found her scent towards Foods of All Nations. But her scent did not double-back to the parking lot where her belongings where found -- it disappeared from the bridge or near it, and so did she.

I think this case is a "whodunit" - LE doesn't seem to have anything tying someone close to MR to the case, and complete stranger cases are more difficult to solve.

I completely agree. Stranger on stranger crimes are really hard to solve. My only current hope is that Barboursville Food Lion manager just arrested for abduction with intent to defile. Maybe he was hanging out with the dude in the sketch that night. (Ok, longshot, but people have long speculated about a grocery store connection, mostly because the Fairfax victim was coming home from shopping at Giant.)

You can read the creepy details here: http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/article_2968dba4-48c1-11e2-b0ab-001a4bcf6878.html

I really hoped she would be found alive. I think there may be a serial killer in that area since there seems to be another victim.
I hope the killer is found.
The serial killer bit is just my opinion.

I really hoped she would be found alive. I think there may be a serial killer in that area since there seems to be another victim.
I hope the killer is found.
The serial killer bit is just my opinion.

glamourkitty, where does there seem to be another victim? Do you mean the fairfax victim from 2005 (who was not killed), or are you referring to something else?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back