Russia - Terror Attacks on Moscow Subway Train kills dozens

Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
Fox News is reporting that 35 are dead. But I've seen other numbers in other reports online.

Suicide bombers believed to be behind two rush hour blasts on underground trains in Russian capital

Two female suicide bombers blew themselves up on the Moscow subway during the morning rush hour today, killing at least 35 people and injuring 51, Russian officials said.

Yuri Luzhkov, the mayor of Moscow, told reporters the suicide bombers were believed to have set off their explosives as trains approached the Lubyanka and Park Kultury metro stations.

"The first data that the FSB [Federal Security Service] has given us is that there were two female suicide bombers," he told reporters at Park Kultury.

more at link -->
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/mar/29/moscow-metro-bombs-explosions-terror

Moscow Suicide Bombers Kill 37 in Dual Subway Attacks (Update1)

March 29 (Bloomberg) -- Suicide bombers killed at least 37 people in two subway bombings in Moscow, including one near the headquarters of the successor to the Soviet-era KGB, in the deadliest terrorist attacks in the Russian capital since 2004.

Deputy Mayor Pyotr Biryukov said suicide bombers were responsible for both blasts, citing investigators. Both bombers, who struck within an hour of each of her during rush hour, were women, state television reported.

more at link --->

http://www.businessweek.com/news/20...in-deadliest-attacks-since-2004-update1-.html

It makes me so mad - these people don't have the right to kill other innocent people!! Bless all of the victims and their families. :blowkiss:

This makes me so furious and heartbroken at the same time. My God be with and bless the families of the innocent people killed and the survivors. My prayers go out to everyone who was there and will now have to live with the horrors of this day for the rest of their lives.

This is so very sad and tragic. My heart and my prayers go out to all the victims and their families.

I feel for the victims and their families, too. This terrorist event makes me wonder what the chances are for something similar occuring on a subway or train here in the U.S.

I sure hope we are staying vigilant about keeping safe! Remembering, 'terrorists' are not gender specific to 'males' any longer!

This was reported on Fox News a little earlier. More bombings today in the area of Kizlyar, Russia.

12 dead in s. Russia explosions
By JPOST STAFF AND ASSOCIATED PRESS
31/03/2010 09:36

Russian officials said two suicide bombings in the southern province of Dagestan have killed at least twelve people, including two policemen.

In Wednesday's attacks, a suicide bomber detonated explosives in the town of Kizlyar near Dagestan's border with Chechnya, when police tried to stop the bomber's car, Interior Minister Rashid Nurgaliyev said in televised comments.

"Traffic police followed the car and almost caught up — at that time the blast hit," Nurgaliyev said. He said the deadly cargo was headed for the center of Kizlyar. There was a school and law enforcement building nearby.
--> more at link

http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=172136

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow