Woman In Swimsuit Smokin' Ciggie

Unfortunately, some of these pictures get fewer comments because they have less information (backround, etc...) on them to comment about...Someone on the original discussion thread (before each picture was broken out) commented on the make of the camera here and the year that the camera was issued. The only other thing that I've noticed but I'm not sure about is the towels in these pics are yellow (like they were given to people attending a resort/pool)...The two girls in this picture:

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00193.jpg

also have a yellow towel. Probably just a coincidence but something I noticed that I wanted to mention.

In the original thread it was being discussed when that Kodak Instamatic came out. I wish there was a sign or something that indicated what hotel they are at. Chilling to think that's his hand in the photograph.

RK, ummmmmmm the first photo of this young lady. What the heck is going on way down on the left hand of the picture? No way can that be a bathing cap on that person. It looks like a clown wig.

One clue we do have is she smokes Marlboro Reds. Who didn't though?

RK, ummmmmmm the first photo of this young lady. What the heck is going on way down on the left hand of the picture? No way can that be a bathing cap on that person. It looks like a clown wig.

You mean this?
wig.jpg

OMG, What IS that is right! That is so strange!

OMG, What IS that is right! That is so strange!

If we can't see it Jessunlil will come to the rescue. RK, Jess is great at manipulating the photographs so that we can see them better.

It's weird, right? Trippy. It involves suntan lotion. If only we knew where this hotel was though.

Looks like an older woman whose hair has gone wild from being in the pool.

No wonder she's messing with the guy's feet. He doesn't want her up the other end if that's her hair.

Maybe it's one of those things like Liz Taylor used to wear in her caftan phase. With that going on nobody was paying attention to Alcala preying on this poor girl.

I think she's rubbing sunscreen on the back of his calf. You can see what looks like a bottle in the other hand.

I think she's rubbing sunscreen on the back of his calf. You can see what looks like a bottle in the other hand.

I, too, see her rubbing sunscreen lotion on his calf. I have no idea what is going on with her hair! Almost looks like she's wearing a George Washington wig!

kz3dhw-kz3dgw0034.jpg

kz3dks-kz3dkf0052.jpg

http://www.ocregister.com/news/alcala-238591-women-murphy.html#article-photos

Just putting them up for a better visual.

This lady appears to be left-handed. Smoking with her left hand and snapping a funny photo with her left hand.

Very white people sunning themselves even after the point when anyone who lived in a sunny clime would give it up and let their skin rest a while. Recliner chairs packed in like sardines around the pool.

I'm going to guess this is a southerly place that offered cheap holiday accomodation to people mainly from northerly places. Go on holiday, get a tan. Europe or America? I'm tending to think it is in Europe.

Very white people sunning themselves even after the point when anyone who lived in a sunny clime would give it up and let their skin rest a while. Recliner chairs packed in like sardines around the pool.

I'm going to guess this is a southerly place that offered cheap holiday accomodation to people mainly from northerly places. Go on holiday, get a tan. Europe or America? I'm tending to think it is in Europe.

Reasy why Europe? I'm just wondering. Obviously I've never travelled but I thought Europeans like Germans, and British all go to places like Thailand now and sun. Then again this is the 70's.

I can tell you where it is NOT. Wildwood, New Jersey. Neon would be blinking, full make-up and heels would be on with the bikini. Every chair would have been filled. Plus this woman's friends would have butted right in on this interaction.

The woman has her pants on over her suit. I wonder if she put them on when Alcala started bothering her? Or did he bum rush her even before she could take them off?

Those "flower petal" style rubber swimming caps were commonly used in the late 1960s and early 1970s. The hair was kept dry underneath, but instead of a bald cap look, ladies would look like they had a rubbery fright wig on. Google image search for "vintage swim cap" and you;ll see some similar things.

Unfortunately, some of these pictures get fewer comments because they have less information (backround, etc...) on them to comment about...Someone on the original discussion thread (before each picture was broken out) commented on the make of the camera here and the year that the camera was issued. The only other thing that I've noticed but I'm not sure about is the towels in these pics are yellow (like they were given to people attending a resort/pool)...The two girls in this picture:

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00193.jpg

also have a yellow towel. Probably just a coincidence but something I noticed that I wanted to mention.

Good catch on the yellow towel connection. Wonder if it was a place he frequented or maybe taken on the same day?

kz3d6m-kz3d380019.jpg

Okay, I can help with the scarf/hat the womans wearing in the first picture. I think it was called a petal something, ANYWAY I OWNED ONE. Bought in the summer of 68 or 69 in NEW JERSEY and used in 1970 in Florida. It tied at the back of neck, it was not a bathing cap.
Re first pix. I find the man in the background entering the building interesting because you can see his reflection in the glass. I am not sure if he is entering a double door or not, but there are also reflections on the window to the right of him, or maybe it is writting such as the name of the restaurant or lounge he is entering.

And there is the palm tree on the second floor.
I lived in Wildwood NJ the summer of 69, we did not wear tons of make, in fact none at all and certainly no high heels. We were hippies, earthy people, mini dresses, and barefeet, lots of t shirts, tied dyed of course and the hair was loose and free. The shag was not yet popular. I never saw that until 1970 after I was in Florida.

Reasy why Europe? I'm just wondering. Obviously I've never travelled but I thought Europeans like Germans, and British all go to places like Thailand now and sun. Then again this is the 70's.

I can tell you where it is NOT. Wildwood, New Jersey. Neon would be blinking, full make-up and heels would be on with the bikini. Every chair would have been filled. Plus this woman's friends would have butted right in on this interaction.

The woman has her pants on over her suit. I wonder if she put them on when Alcala started bothering her? Or did he bum rush her even before she could take them off?

I think traveling to Thailand and other far away places was rather rarer than today in the 1970s. Mallorca, Ibiza, the Spanish coast resorts, the Canary Islands, Greece maybe.

She looks quite sunburnt.

Her skin looks kind of reddish... maybe she had already burnt the skin on her legs and had to wear the pants?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime
Back