GUILTY NY - Amanda Gonzalez-Andujar, 29, murdered, Queens, 27 March 2010

gaia227

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping an
Reaction score
She had not been heard from since Friday and a worried friend notified police who went in the apt with the landlord where they found Amanda nude stretched out on her bed. According to the friend everything in the apt was destroyed. Autopsy is pending.

Her official name is Edelbuerto Gonzalez Andujar, born a male, yet she lived full time as a female and was known to friends as Amanda.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36113227/ns/local_news-new_york_ny/

I hope this doesn't get swept under the rug because of her gender..She was a human being an from that picture a pretty woman. Very Sad..

The man wanted for strangling a transgender woman in her Queens apartment has been arrested in Las Vegas, police said.

Rasheen Everett, a 29-year-old ex-con wanted for two attempted murders in Massachusetts, allegedly killed Amanda Gonzalez-Andujar, also 29, inside her Glendale apartment in March.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...transgender_woman_amanda_gonzalezandujar.html

I'm going to go see if I can find any info. on his previous record.

This guy has quite a laundry list record. All priors that I am finding are in Virginia. Haven't found any information yet on the Massachusetts tie in. Will also see if I can find current holding info. on him.

Rasheen R. Everett

11/14/2003 - Walking in Roadway - Disposition: Fine
12/24/2005 - Drunk in Public - Disposition: Fine
03/01/2006 - Petit Larceny & Drunk in Public - Disposition: Fine & 12 months suspended
03/15/2006 - Violate Pretrial Services - Disposition: 10 days
03/27/2006 - Failure to Appear - Disposition: 10 days suspended
07/26/2006 - Drunk in Public - Disposition: Fine
09/12/2006 - Contempt - Disposition: None
01/29/2007 - Violate Probation - Disposition: 4 months
05/29/2007 - Violate Probation - Disposition: Fine
06/22/2007 - Obstructing Justice - Disposition: See next charge
06/29/2007 - Contempt - Disposition: Combined with 6/22 charge - Fine & 30 days

The man suspected of killing her — Rasheen Everett, 29, of Jefferson Street in Manhattan — was arrested last Friday while leaving an acquaintance’s residence in Las Vegas, the authorities said. And on Tuesday, New York detectives brought him back to the city to face charges of second-degree murder and tampering with physical evidence.

snip

Mr. Everett is awaiting arraignment in Queens Criminal Court. If convicted, he faces up to 25 years to life in prison. Richard A. Brown, the Queens district attorney, said, “This case will be vigorously prosecuted in order to secure a measure of justice for the victim and her family.”

more at link

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/15/nyregion/15transgender.html

Was this a hate crime? Seems like it to me.

And what I find odd is the first two articles posted in this thread can no longer be found. And they were posted 3-31-2010, not enough time for them to be purged, IMO. I mean you can click on news links from 2009 that are still active, why were these deleted? Is it not big news because of her gender?

I couldn't understand that either, but I ran a search on his name and was able to locate other articles. One of the articles stated that the police investigators felt that the murder was not related to her being transgendered. I hope not. It disturbs me so much when someone is attacked because they are different in some way. She is still just as dead, I suppose, but it makes me feel better to think it wasn't because of her sexuality.

Was this a hate crime? Seems like it to me.

And what I find odd is the first two articles posted in this thread can no longer be found. And they were posted 3-31-2010, not enough time for them to be purged, IMO. I mean you can click on news links from 2009 that are still active, why were these deleted? Is it not big news because of her gender?

Actually I got the second link to work. That's weird.

IMO yes it was a hate crime. According to police the two met on a chatline a short while before Everett went to Amanda's apartment. Shoot I lost my link, but it said that LE does not believe it was because of gender, BUT a dispute over money.

Neighbors hear loud noises and screams shortly before 9:00 which made it minutes after he arrived. Yet they find Amanda naked on the bed. Then the guy stays there for 17 hours? What? That's a dispute over money? I don't think Amanda would have been naked even if money was negotiated until that was settled. Maybe Rasheem set her up?

She's so beautiful. May she rest in peace.

It seems to me, irregardless of her sexuality, she has a history of engaging in risky behaviors from what I have read. That, in and of itself, lends to a poor outcome. I hope that we will hear more about this as time goes on.

When I saw this article I at first assumed I was going to read about Amanda.

Ashley Santiago Ocasio aged 31 was brutally murdered in Puerto Rico. She was the owner of a beauty salon. LE there are actively searching for her murderer.

Meanwhile again LE is not sure if the crime was due to Ashley being transgender.

Puerto Rico never invoked a 2002 hate crime law to include crime based on a persons sexual orientation or sexual identification.

How sad for these beautiful women.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/25/AR2010042502610.html

From December 2013:

http://nypost.com/2013/12/06/hey-she-was-just-a-ho-sick-bid-by-killers-lawyer/

In a bizarre courtroom speech, a Queen defense attorney said the life of a murdered transgender prostitute wasn’t worth much — and argued that her convicted killer shouldn’t be punished as if he had killed someone “in the higher end of the community”...

Queens Supreme Court Justice Richard Buchter scolded Scarpa as he sentenced Everett to 29 years in prison. “This court believes every human life in sacred,” he said. “It’s not easy living as a transgender, and I commend the family for supporting her.”

Everett, 32, was convicted of strangling Gonzalez-Andujar last month. They had met through an ad, and he was allegedly shocked to find she had male genitalia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back