GUILTY NJ - Gregory Leary & others for sexual assault of 7yo girl, Trenton, 2010

IWannaKnow

Reaction score
I don't even know what to say about this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36116283/ns/us_news/

Police: NJ teen sold sister, 7, for sex at party

TRENTON, N.J. - Police in New Jersey's capital city say a 15-year-old sold her 7-year-old sister to have sex with as many as seven men and boys at a weekend party near their home.

Where the heck did a 15 y.o. get this idea?? What are we becoming?? :sick:

I don't know what to say either. It's just pathetic. God only knows what these kids have been through. I pray the little girl gets placed into protection.

Wonder how long she was missing ? The parents reported them missing and police were at the home when the girl arrived. This was her step-sister, I wonder which parent she belonged to and how long they'd been married ?

I don't know what to say either, IWK....makes me nauseous to think about this--it's soooo disturbing....my heart aches for the little girl. :(

...waiting for the various posters to show up assigning blame to either ADD, or toxic drinking water, or parents working too much, or fast food, or prescription drugs, or video games, or whatever.

Pure evil is the more likely explanation.

This is very very disturbing. I would love to know what was going through that 15 year olds head when she decided that that was a good idea. I really hope the 2 strangers that walked the 7 year old home wasn't a part of it. That poor child. I have a 7 year old daughter and I would have to be restrained to keep me from getting ahold of dear step sister.

p.s. Hi by the way I'm Carla

Hi CRangel! WELCOME!!!

Such a horrible story. I think I would need some restraining also!

Salem

Wonder how long she was missing ? The parents reported them missing and police were at the home when the girl arrived. This was her step-sister, I wonder which parent she belonged to and how long they'd been married ?

They say the girls weren't gone all that long - that they were outside their home "Sunday afternoon" when a boy came up and invited them to the party, and they went with him and were reported missing, also, on "Sunday afternoon."

Sick, sick, sick, all of them. Who DOES something like this??!? :furious:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-us-teen-sister-sex,0,3357813.story

Not trying to shift the blame, but this one says she also prostituted herself...Victim is such a tricky title sometimes.
(Not sure if this is the same article that was already posted. That link didn't go through for me, so I Googled.)

ETA: And I absolutely don't understand why the little girl is still with her family, at least pending investigation. This isn't the kind of idea you just wake up with one day.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36119350/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

This link should directly link to the article.

Snip from the middle of the article:

The child later put on her clothes and left the apartment; her sister stayed. Two women found the child crying outside the apartment and walked her home.
The teen is charged with aggravated sexual assault, promoting prostitution and other crimes. Her name was not released because of her age. She was being held in a juvenile detention facility.
A spokeswoman for the county prosecutor's office, Casey DeBlasio, said prosecutors would seek to have the teen tried as an adult.
Police believe as many as a dozen people were at the party. They are trying to track down the men and boys who attended and additional arrests are expected.
Police said the girls were outside Sunday afternoon in the neighborhood when the 15-year-old ran into two young men she knew who invited her to a party at the apartment. Rather than leave the 7-year-old behind, the teen took her along.
At the party, the 15-year-old starting having sex with several of the men for money and then gave the younger girl some cash to let a group of men touch her, Juniak said. He would not say how much money was exchanged.

(If I've snipped too much would a mod please edit?)

I'm very thankful that the women took the little girl back home. I don't have words about how I feel about the 'sister'. I hope their home life is looked at very closely and that the 7 year old can live the rest of her life in safety.

I guess I'm one of those posters. There is evil in the world, but often when a child of this age acts out in such a manner it's usually one of two explanations. One.. the child has been or is currently being molested or.. the child has a drug dependency issue. Please know, I'm not excusing what she's done. But, like most things in life there's usually an explanation whether we like it or not. It's never an excuse but, as humans there are usually reasons why these things happen.

I feel so much for the seven year old. She had to be terrified. I hope she's able to get all the help she's going to need. Sending all of my prayers to her.

As for the step sister - She will likely be held accountable by whatever laws apply to her crimes and age. Sounds like she is also in need of some serious intervention. Something is going on with her to be a prostitute and pimp at the age of 15.

...waiting for the various posters to show up assigning blame to either ADD, or toxic drinking water, or parents working too much, or fast food, or prescription drugs, or video games, or whatever.

JoeFromLB, I can't discount "pure evil" as a reason the step-sister did what she did. By my standards "pure evil" is a good explanation. What I would like to know is what leads to "pure evil" behavior? IMO, parents not parenting is a big problem with our teens and children these days. Whether they work too much or just aren't home or just don't care, I see a lot of parents who simply do not parent. Take my opinion for what it's worth.

JoeFromLB, I can't discount "pure evil" as a reason the step-sister did what she did. By my standards "pure evil" is a good explanation. What I would like to know is what leads to "pure evil" behavior? IMO, parents not parenting is a big problem with our teens and children these days. Whether they work too much or just aren't home or just don't care, I see a lot of parents who simply do not parent. Take my opinion for what it's worth.

Since I thanked both of you for your posts, I'll explain that I agree with both of you - I think our biggest problem is abominable parenting creating a generation of barbarians. I might be wrong, but I don't think Joe would lump that in with the kind of things he was referring to. :eek:

IMO, Some of that abominable parenting is from parents who won't hold their kids accountable for their behavior, for whatever reason.

Boggles the mind.
Hopefully police can find and arrest the men who are accused of this.

Hey Joe - I think I was the one that originally threw out the water idea in the case of the 2nd teen to get set on fire in FL. That was not an excuse for any evil behavior.

It was an idea, in general, about why there is so much violence in So. Florida.

Doesn't apply to NJ or this situation.

I would never be able to look at the older step-sister again. Even if she were my child, I would never look at her again. Just wouldn't be able to do it, I don't think.

Not directed at Joe - but just commenting on this story - if she was molested, don't you think she would be even more protective of her little sister? I see this girl the same as I see Alyssa Bustamonte in the Elizabeth Olsen case - pure evil.

No matter what is going on with you, you protect those younger than yourself. Anyone who doesn't know this, is broken in my mind.

Salem

Since I thanked both of you for your posts, I'll explain that I agree with both of you - I think our biggest problem is abominable parenting creating a generation of barbarians. I might be wrong, but I don't think Joe would lump that in with the kind of things he was referring to. :eek:

IMO, Some of that abominable parenting is from parents who won't hold their kids accountable for their behavior, for whatever reason.

I agree with your opinion too. Unfortunately 'accountability' and/or 'responsibility for one's actions' IMO has been taken quite lightly in our society. No one is responsible for anything, it seems. JMO.

JoeFromLB, I do hope you don't think I was insulting your opinion. I wasn't and I apologize if I came across that way. I do hope you come back and elaborate.

I guess I'm one of those posters. There is evil in the world, but often when a child of this age acts out in such a manner it's usually one of two explanations. One.. the child has been or is currently being molested or.. the child has a drug dependency issue. Please know, I'm not excusing what she's done. But, like most things in life there's usually an explanation whether we like it or not. It's never an excuse but, as humans there are usually reasons why these things happen.

I feel so much for the seven year old. She had to be terrified. I hope she's able to get all the help she's going to need. Sending all of my prayers to her.

As for the step sister - She will likely be held accountable by whatever laws apply to her crimes and age. Sounds like she is also in need of some serious intervention. Something is going on with her to be a prostitute and pimp at the age of 15.

Excellent post, disguised!

I didn't mean to discount anyone's opinions, Salem. That's what this board is for, I suppose. I'm just frustrated by the "system" (courts, judges, etc.) always bending over backwards to find some extenuating circumstance to reduce or eliminate liability for serious crimes. They should give more priority to punishing offenders and protecting the interests of law-abiding people, not coddling criminals and allowing them to make a farce out of the legal system.

Perhaps it comes from living in California too long. Heck, they just sentenced a monstrous serial killer (Rodney Alcala) to death for the THIRD time for a murder for which he was first sent to Death Row some 30 years ago. If I'm lucky, I'll live long enough to see the sentence carried out.
A prison psychiatrist recommended releasing this monster on parole back in 1974, after he served three years (!) for raping an 8-yr old girl and beating her almost to death, and he proceeded to kill at least four women and a 12-year old girl.

I'm just tired of the never-ending search for "causes" for criminal conduct, and the constant reliance on "experts" who often don't know what they're talking about.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-us-teen-sister-sex,0,3357813.story

Not trying to shift the blame, but this one says she also prostituted herself...Victim is such a tricky title sometimes.
(Not sure if this is the same article that was already posted. That link didn't go through for me, so I Googled.)

ETA: And I absolutely don't understand why the little girl is still with her family, at least pending investigation. This isn't the kind of idea you just wake up with one day.

I was thinking the kids had been gone overnight and they waited to call LE, but it doesn't look like that's the case. As for why they didn't take her, IDK, maybe with step-sis gone, there wasn't an immediate risk. I'm sure they'll investigate.
Maybe step-sis didn't live with them and was visiting ? Maybe the 7 year old was visiting and went home with the other parent ? Maybe this was a recent marriage and the parent of the 7 year old got the heck out of there ?
If her parent wasn't at fault (it was broad daylight), it would be even more traumatic to take her away and might even make her feel like it's her fault.
Trying to put myself in a child's shoes, if I were hurt like that, I'd want my mom and if I were taken from everything familiar because I told, I might not tell if it happened again.
They obviously don't share the same set of parents, I don't see taking her without knowing that her parents are guilty of anything. They might be just as shocked as we are.

I do not really care what caused this little bi*** to do what she did to this child. I do not care if she is on pills has ADD/ADHD if she was molested herself etc. What she did was horrific and her actions were pure evil. If she had been a victim of sexual abuse herself she would know good and well what she was doing to this child. Like I said, I do not care for the reasoning for her actions but a stiff punishment is in order. There is nothing that could have happened in her life to justify this or excuse her from knowing it is not right to let men have sex with your sister for money.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back