GUILTY LA - Justin Bloxom, 12, abducted & murdered, Stonewall, 31 March 2010 *death penalty*

Kimberlyd125

Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athlet
Reaction score
http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12229439

DESOTO PARISH, LA (KSLA) - Investigators from DeSoto Parish have arrested 34-year-old Brian Douglas Horn, a registered sex offender, for the alleged murder of a 12-year-old Stonewall, LA boy.

Investigators say Justin M. Bloxom was last seen at a home on Douglas Lane in Stonewall, Louisiana.

Police say that Horn, a taxi driver who worked out of Bossier City, allegedly murdered the boy.

Efforts to track Horn down led to Action Taxi on Barksdale Boulevard in Bossier City, where employees were told by police to be on the lookout for him and to call immediately if he showed up, which he did a short time later.

However Horn didn't stay long, leaving his taxi behind. It's the one authorities believe was seen near where the little boy's body was found.

***more at link***

Attachments

• Horn.jpg
    Horn.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 124
  • Justin Bloxom.jpg
    Justin Bloxom.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 114
Another article:

http://www.ktbs.com/news/body-of-missing-boy-found-suspect-in-custody/

Snipped:

Posted: Mar 30, 2010 3:04 PM
Updated: Mar 30, 2010 6:43 PM

The body of a missing 12-year-old DeSoto Parish boy was found this afternoon in woods near Stonewall in the north part of the parish.

A registered sex offender -- who is believed to have been seen coming out of the same woods early today -- surrendered to DeSoto authorities later in the day and was undergoing questioning by investigators.

Authorities said the body is that of Justin Bloxom, who was last seen about 3 a.m. at a friend's home in Stonewall. They were on spring break from school. Investigators said Justin was texting someone.

Justin's body was found about 1:30 p.m. Deputies said it was approximately 100 yards off U.S. 171. Sheriff's investigator Adam Ewing said it is believed Justin was killed somewhere else and his body dumped in the woods.

Authorities identified the suspect as Brian Douglas Horn, 34, of Keatchie. He drove for Action Taxi of Bossier City, authorities said.

Horn was a registered sex offender. He pleaded no-contest in 1995 to charges of indecent behavior with an underage girl, Caddo District Court records show.

I'm showing another charge after that in 2008.

A taxi driver? He gets to cruise the streets with impunity. Why would this have been an acceptable job?

Oh, how I wish we could develop "sheltered work-shops" for RSOs where they could honestly earn their keep, have a quality of life, and an incentive to stay "clean". But, they could constantly be supervised while at work. Their supervisors would also immediately know if someone failed to show up.

We insist that many of our disabled adults or elders with dementia be closely supervised. Why can't we do that for RSOs who've done their time? I'm not talking about civil commitment. I'm seeing something more of a communal way of life and transport to and from a work site. Other countries do this, why can't we? At least cut down on the opportunity to re-offend with those who have passed stringent evaluations.

My prayers go out to the family for their loss.

I totally agree.

A cab driver drives around all day. Just think how easy it is for him to see a 12 yo child or any other child that could be snatched. He could go by the child several times with out being "hinky" cause, it's a cab.

It's bad enough that RSOs go on to re-offend -- but to kill a young boy? It's the ultimate evil in perversion.

:rose: RIP, Justin

Prayers for those who loved him & that true justice will prevail.

Here in Oregon, SOs are NOT a protected class. I don't believe they enjoy that status and protection in any state. That's why employers and landlords have the right to ask about any registry requirements. Different "classes" enjoy varying levels of protections depending on the state.

It becomes a very sticky situation for juveniles as their records are private. Many people don't know that a juvenile offender could be sitting next to their child in middle or high school as the school is not necessarily privy to that info. A juvenile offender might also be living in an apartment next door to a family with children as the landlord doesn't know. Registered foster families (for children, adults, and the disabled), though, must have background checks run on ALL people living in the family. We all know, though, that this rule is frequently broken.

A frightening component of the taxi driver issue is that I've seen parents leave a child in a taxi with the driver for a few minutes while they run in to get a gallon of milk--with the meter running. I would think that a taxi company owner would be terrified of the liability issues with that.

Does anyone know at whose house this child was found and how the SO came across him?

Here in Oregon, SOs are NOT a protected class. I don't believe they enjoy that status and protection in any state. That's why employers and landlords have the right to ask about any registry requirements. Different "classes" enjoy varying levels of protections depending on the state.

It becomes a very sticky situation for juveniles as their records are private. Many people don't know that a juvenile offender could be sitting next to their child in middle or high school as the school is not necessarily privy to that info. A juvenile offender might also be living in an apartment next door to a family with children as the landlord doesn't know. Registered foster families (for children, adults, and the disabled), though, must have background checks run on ALL people living in the family. We all know, though, that this rule is frequently broken.

A frightening component of the taxi driver issue is that I've seen parents leave a child in a taxi with the driver for a few minutes while they run in to get a gallon of milk--with the meter running. I would think that a taxi company owner would be terrified of the liability issues with that.

Does anyone know at whose house this child was found and how the SO came across him?

Izz, after reading alot of articles I believe poor Justin was somehow known to , freak show. I also read his own brother turned him in? This sweet boy was found on the side of a road, Izz not at the friend's house.

Justin, may you rest in peace, honey. I am so sorry. I'm sorry the system failed to keep you protected.

Justin Bloxom was lured by this who pretended to be a teen girl. The "suspect" texted Justin at 3:00AM pretending to be the girl and said SHE was sending a taxi to pick him up.

LE is looking into a social networking site which may be the connection.

's muddy boots were found in his brother's pick-up. Tehy have witnesses placing his taxi at the scene of the crime.

This is all too sad. It's senseless. A rotten reoffending pedophile now gets housed and fed while this poor boys family will suffer.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20100401/NEWS01/100401014

That's despicable!! Luring makes me sick to my stomach. Anyone know if the cab company will bear any liability in this awful crime?

And I agree, why 2nd degree. Wouldn't there be kidnapping in the mix?

Why is he only being charged with second degree murder ?

Good question.
I would guess they will be able to upgrade the charges once the autopsy is complete and they decide they want to pursue the death penalty?

LOUISIANA’S SECOND DEGREE MURDER LAW
LA R.S. 14:30.1
A. Second degree murder is the killing of a human being:

(1) When the offender has a specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm; or

(2) When the offender is engaged in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of aggravated rape, forcible rape, aggravated arson, aggravated burglary, aggravated kidnapping, second degree kidnapping, aggravated escape, assault by drive-by shooting, armed robbery, first degree robbery, second degree robbery, simple robbery, cruelty to juveniles, second degree cruelty to juveniles, or terrorism, even though he has no intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm.

(3) When the offender unlawfully distributes or dispenses a controlled dangerous substance listed in Schedules I or II of the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Law which is the direct cause of the death of the recipient who ingested or consumed the controlled dangerous substance.

(4) When the offender unlawfully distributes or dispenses a controlled dangerous substance listed in Schedules I or II of the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Law to another who subsequently distributes or dispenses such controlled dangerous substance which is the direct cause of the death of the person who ingested or consumed the controlled dangerous substance.

B. Whoever commits the crime of second degree murder shall be punished by life imprisonment at hard labor without benefit of parole, probation, or suspension of sentence.

Louisiana First Degree Murder
LA R.S. 14:30
A. First degree murder is the killing of a human being:
(1) When the offender has specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm and is engaged in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of aggravated kidnapping, second degree kidnapping, aggravated escape, aggravated arson, aggravated rape, forcible rape, aggravated burglary, armed robbery, drive-by shooting, first degree robbery, simple robbery, or terrorism.
(2) When the offender has a specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm upon a fireman, peace officer, or civilian employee of the Louisiana State Police Crime Laboratory or any other forensic laboratory engaged in the performance of his lawful duties, or when the specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm is directly related to the victim's status as a fireman, peace officer, or civilian employee.
(3) When the offender has a specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm upon more than one person.
(4) When the offender has specific intent to kill or inflict great bodily harm and has offered, has been offered, has given, or has received anything of value for the killing.
(5) When the offender has the specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm upon a victim who is under the age of twelve or sixty-five years of age or older.
(6) When the offender has the specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm while engaged in the distribution, exchange, sale, or purchase, or any attempt thereof, of a controlled dangerous substance listed in Schedules I, II, III, IV, or V of the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Law.
(7) When the offender has specific intent to kill and is engaged in the activities prohibited by R.S. 14:107.1(C)(1).
B. For the purposes of Paragraph A(2) of this Section, the term "peace officer" means any peace officer, as defined in R.S. 40:2402, and includes any constable, marshal, deputy marshal, sheriff, deputy sheriff, local or state policeman, commissioned wildlife enforcement agent, federal law enforcement officer, jail or prison guard, parole officer, probation officer, judge, attorney general, assistant attorney general, attorney general's investigator, district attorney, assistant district attorney, or district attorney's investigator.
C. Whoever commits the crime of first degree murder shall be punished by death or life imprisonment at hard labor without benefit of parole, probation, or suspension of sentence in accordance with the determination of the jury.

That's despicable!! Luring makes me sick to my stomach. Anyone know if the cab company will bear any liability in this awful crime?

And I agree, why 2nd degree. Wouldn't there be kidnapping in the mix?

I *think* I have the answer as to why.

Second degree murder only requires probable cause and the normal arrest process. First degree cases need an indictment from a grand jury (to bring the death penalty into play).

He was probably arrest under the second degree charge and will upgraded to first degree when the grand jury has had time to hear the case and bring an indictment.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]OUR CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]An overview of Law & Justice in the 16th Judicial District[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]IX. The Grand Jury procedure[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Under Louisiana Law, a grand jury must investigate cases dealing with capital murder and cases where the possible punishment is death or life imprisonment.[/FONT]

DeSoto DA to seek death penalty against accused child killer
Posted: April 2, 2010 6:46 PM EST Updated: April 2, 2010 6:46 PM EST

DESOTO PARISH, LA (KSLA) - The DeSoto Parish District Attorney's office says it will not offer a plea bargain for accused murderer, Brian Horn. Horn, a cab driver and registered sex offender, allegedly smothered 12-year-old Justin Bloxom to death in Stonewall on Tuesday.

District Attorney Richard Johnson says he will seek the death penalty for Horn in this case.

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=12250086

======================================

Statement from Kevin Horn; DeSoto murder suspect's brother
Posted: Apr 02, 2010 1:14 PM CDT Updated: Apr 02, 2010 2:48 PM CDT

<snip>

My family and I have deepest sorrow for Justin and his loved ones.

I, Kevin Horn, brought my brother to DeSoto Parish Sheriff's Substation immediately after finding out that Brian was the prime suspect in this heinous crime. Brian will not find any support from us because we do not condone a murderer.

My family and I have been thrown into this nightmare and do not want to believe that this is true, but unfortunately we have to deal with the facts that are in front of us.

Please do not judge our family as we are the ones that brought Brian in and are in no way trying to protect him from justice. He chose his life and now he must pay for the crime he committed."

more here

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=12248486

DeSoto DA to seek death penalty against accused child killer
Posted: April 2, 2010 6:46 PM EST Updated: April 2, 2010 6:46 PM EST

DESOTO PARISH, LA (KSLA) - The DeSoto Parish District Attorney's office says it will not offer a plea bargain for accused murderer, Brian Horn. Horn, a cab driver and registered sex offender, allegedly smothered 12-year-old Justin Bloxom to death in Stonewall on Tuesday.

District Attorney Richard Johnson says he will seek the death penalty for Horn in this case.

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=12250086

======================================

Statement from Kevin Horn; DeSoto murder suspect's brother
Posted: Apr 02, 2010 1:14 PM CDT Updated: Apr 02, 2010 2:48 PM CDT

<snip>

My family and I have deepest sorrow for Justin and his loved ones.

I, Kevin Horn, brought my brother to DeSoto Parish Sheriff's Substation immediately after finding out that Brian was the prime suspect in this heinous crime. Brian will not find any support from us because we do not condone a murderer.

My family and I have been thrown into this nightmare and do not want to believe that this is true, but unfortunately we have to deal with the facts that are in front of us.

Please do not judge our family as we are the ones that brought Brian in and are in no way trying to protect him from justice. He chose his life and now he must pay for the crime he committed."

more here

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=12248486

It's refreshing to see this sort of attitude from suspect's family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back