GUILTY Canada - Sarah Leung charged in deaths of 2 newborns, Vancouver, 2009 & 2010

Good grief, doesn't this woman believe in the conventional way of birth control.

So they found a dead baby in her yard a year ago and did nothing? They are still investigating according to the story. Unbelievable.

So they found a dead baby in her yard a year ago and did nothing? They are still investigating according to the story. Unbelievable.

It says the autopsy on the remains found a year ago was inconclusive.
Which just means she suffocated the child and claimed it was a stillborn.
But there is little to nothing to charge these women with when they can't show that the death was intentionally caused verses a stillborn. Almost the only ones you see prosecuted are the ones that cause skull fractures in the process of killing them.

The charge of improper disposal of a corpse, or even abuse of a corpse (but if there is no mutilation that is a tough one too) has next to no penalty and the attorney will claim they were emotionally and hormonally overwhelmed with the trauma of the event.

I don't know what it is with women who do this repeatedly. There was that one chick in Texas that had three dead babies on the property. Same deal though, they couldn't determine how they had died.

Maybe someone in the science field will be able to come up with a way to determine the subtle differences between a stillborn and live birth that has been suffocated..... such a shame that we need that test.

It says the autopsy on the remains found a year ago was inconclusive.
Which just means she suffocated the child and claimed it was a stillborn.
But there is little to nothing to charge these women with when they can't show that the death was intentionally caused verses a stillborn. Almost the only ones you see prosecuted are the ones that cause skull fractures in the process of killing them.

The charge of improper disposal of a corpse, or even abuse of a corpse (but if there is no mutilation that is a tough one too) has next to no penalty and the attorney will claim they were emotionally and hormonally overwhelmed with the trauma of the event.

I don't know what it is with women who do this repeatedly. There was that one chick in Texas that had three dead babies on the property. Same deal though, they couldn't determine how they had died.

Maybe someone in the science field will be able to come up with a way to determine the subtle differences between a stillborn and live birth that has been suffocated..... such a shame that we need that test.

I thought I heard somewhere that they can tell if they child ever took a breath after they were born. If they were stillborn of course they would never have breathed. Not too sure about that though.

I thought I heard somewhere that they can tell if they child ever took a breath after they were born. If they were stillborn of course they would never have breathed. Not too sure about that though.

I think that is largely dependent on the amount of time that has lapsed. Right afterwards they would be able to tell if suffocation had occured, but once the soft tissue and eyes have decomposed or mummified (which is common in newborns that have not been fed due to the lack of bacteria in the digestive tract) I believe that data is lost.

So just how many infants will this woman be allowed to murder before they bag her?

From October 2014:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...to-5-years-for-killing-her-2-babies-1.2790354

Vancouver resident Sarah Leung has been sentenced to a total of five years in prison for killing her two babies.

Leung was sentenced in court in Vancouver on Tuesday to 18 months for killing one child and 42 months for killing the other, minus 50 days for time served...

During the trial in April the court heard Leung hid her two pregnancies, fearing the reaction of her father, who was described at trial as "abusive and controlling."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back