Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dear Websleuths Members,

After reviewing the documents I received relating to the Benjamin Kyle case there is no doubt in my mind that Benjamin Kyle was not the victim of any sort of head injury as he has claimed. I am not posting these documents today as there are some privacy issues that need to be addressed. The last thing I intend to do is violate a persons privacy.

While reading these documents I noted that there was absolutely no physical evidence to support him being beaten. NONE. It appears he passed out along side a dumpster. You can come to your own conclusion as to why he might have passed out along side a dumpster.

Because I now have proof that Mr. Kyle's story of being beaten and suffering severe head injuries appears to be a complete fabrication, I am keeping his forum closed. It was because of his "alleged head injuries" and his injuries from the "alleged beating" that we were led to believe that he lost his memory. Since this key link in the chain of this story is gone, there is really nothing else that needs to be said.

I invite Mr. Benjamin to send me documentation that proves otherwise. But, until I have that documentation that can be verified as this was, his forum will remained closed.

I also spoke with the Richmond Hill Police Department. I was told without a doubt there were NO injuries to Benjamin other than he was naked and he had scabies.

Winston Churchill said; "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."

To all our wonderful members who poured their heart and soul into offering to help Benjamin, thank you for your efforts. Do not let this case and it's outcome discourage you from helping others. Websleuths is about finding the truth. In this case, I believe we have done just that. We have so many people on this forum who need your skills, your sleuthing abilities and your kindness to help them with their situations. Your excellent work proves you can do just that.

Tricia

ETA: For those of you wishing to read the former Benjaman Kyle subforum it has been moved to the archived cases area of Websleuths here.

Benjaman Kyle - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

We have decided to open this thread only for discussion.

If any of you want to post about what you are going through ( if anything) or you have any questions please feel free.

Mr. Kyle, if you would like to respond I can assure you that you will not be attacked.

If BK does post I ask all of you to please refrain from any angry posts and let him say his piece. Be respectful and follow Terms of Service.

This has been a very intense day for me because with this type of situation there is always stress. I worry how you all are going to be with info like this. I know you worked so hard and it breaks my heart.

We found out the truth. Not the whole truth. There is still a lot left to know and maybe someday we will know the entire story.

First of all, thank you Tricia for opening the thread for discussion.

I want to say that I have felt iffy about this case for quite awhile.
But, after finding out that the circumstances of BK being found
were a lie, I felt betrayed.
and angry
and sad
and p.o'd.

Any questions I have come down to:
Why?

I have been waiting to discover why this forum is closing.
Seems many others have also been checking to see what Tricia would write by the number of views to her post.
We have been invited to open up any discussion about this, so here is an opening post.
Don't be shy now.

To Benjaman Kyle:
I see you as an intelligent person.
I don't know if you see me/WS as intelligent people, but
what I would like for you to do is tell the truth.
The honest truth.
To all of us.

Tell us your story.
Your real name.
Your real life.

If there is something that you did wrong in the past,
then confess, take your lumps and move forward.

Live life in the truth.

I can start by saying that at times I found the whole story hinky, while at the same feeling angry that people started posting they were questioning the supposed "facts" we were being given regarding the day BK was found.
I felt conflicted about wanting to protect someone who I felt was perhaps a helpless victim, while not feeling right about the whole story.
My main reason for questioning Mr. Kyle's sincerity was the fact he so infrequently posted. I thought, well maybe he is actively posting elsewhere, but thru google searches I could not find another forum where he seemed an active participant.
I thought, well maybe he is just not that big on the internet, and felt he could use his time better? That is still a possibility, but you gotta start questioning someone who pretty much ignores their best ally in the modern world for getting the word out. The Internet.

I can't imagine how all the sleuths who have worked on this case since day 1 must feel. Thank you Tricia for opening this for discussion. I feel bad for everyone involved. It's just a bad situation all round. I joined here because of this case...not that I was that involved, that's why I say I can't imagine how you all feel...cause I feel like I've been "sucker" punched in the gut....
thanks for listening.....or reading as the case may be.

:>}

To Benjaman Kyle:
I see you as an intelligent person.
I don't know if you see me/WS as intelligent people, but
what I would like for you to do is tell the truth.
The honest truth.
To all of us.

Tell us your story.
Your real name.
Your real life.

If there is something that you did wrong in the past,
then confess, take your lumps and move forward.

Live life in the truth.

Thank you DreamWeaver.

"The truth will set you free". Those are fantastic words to live by.

The burden of carrying around a huge secret is awful. When you tell the truth then it is out there. You will be free of the burden of a lie. It will be over. The truth really does set you free.

I do hope that BK will come to the forum to tell his side of the story. I for one am very interested in what he has to say. My mind is open to most anything and is not made up in any way. If Mr. Kyle still needs help, then hopefully he will open up to us.

I lurked on that forum a bit, and would like to say (if these documents do indeed mean this case is false) I offer deep condolences to those who worked so hard in that forum.

There was so much effort, and a great deal of really excellent work. :clap::clap::clap:

I just wanted to say that I can guess how discouraging this must be for you all, but I hope your frustration won't last long and look forward to more excellent work on other cases.

BK's nurse friend had to have known?

Thank you DreamWeaver.

"The truth will set you free". Those are fantastic words to live by.

The burden of carrying around a huge secret is awful. When you tell the truth then it is out there. You will be free of the burden of a lie. It will be over. The truth really does set you free.

You know, I could honestly see how something like this could start. If you're really down on your luck and you are ill, and you wake up in a hospital, it might seem, at the time, like a unique chance at a new start to claim you didn't remember who you were, etc. I can sympathize with that. If that were the case when this all got started, I would have empathy for that. The initial, gut-instinct deception is understandable, but it seems it went on too long. Time for honesty now.

There comes a point where a lie like this would become like a tombstone weighing on a person, I should think.

If you tell yourself something long enough you begin to believe it......even if its not true....

I think

:>}

I guess I'm a little confused (nothing new for me)???? Haven't we always known that Benjaman didn't have any physical signs of being beaten or head injuries when he was found by the dumpster? What we did know was that he was found naked, sunburned, had sores & was unresponsive next to a dumpster at Burger King. We also knew he was taken to the hospital where he spent several weeks. We knew that he didn't have any alcohol or drugs in his system and that his liver showed no signs of damage. I guess I also don't understand how he could have fooled the FBI and was hypnotized and researched by the staff of Dr. Phil and they found nothing on him. What would his explanation be for doing this sort of thing? He was not taking any personal donations, wouldn't apply for alien status so that he could get a social security number, etc. I guess I just don't get it. :( Such a sad world if this is all true.

BK's nurse friend had to have known?

IMO, yes.
She is the one who gave info for wiki.
She was on Dr Phil with Benjaman Kyle.
In the information from believe09 from records,
the bolded parts were statements from NB.
IMO

Just want to share some of the unknown consequences of this not so honest story.

Some time ago, my computer crashed as a result of getting a virus while researching Benjamans case. My computer hung on for sometime until it finally pooped. Was it the direct fault of Mr. Kyle, no..... but it was the direct result of sleuthing his case, believing he was a victim of some sort who needed our help.

What hurts, is sadly I was unable to finance a new computer for sometime. It was giong to take me approximately 3 months to budget for a new tower. Instead, Anna Waters mother, Annasmom, who spends countless hours here with a LEGITIMATE story as the mother of a 5 year old missing child who has been missing for 37 years without answers, sent me a money order to replace the tower because she believed my time, efforts and willingness to help victims was important enough she did not want to see me offline for 3 months.

So this fabricated story ultimately had an unintentional consequence which affected a victim with a legitimate case- where those funds and time could have been utilized for a real victim, who really wanted our help. Very sad in my opinion.

I don't particularly want or care for the reasons WHY this was concocted and why for so long Mr. Kyle did not correct the misinformation presented regarding his case. He is the one who has to live with this, and the consequences of the story.......Along with any repercussions for allowing the false and misstated information going on for so long.

I just thought it was important to share, perhaps we won't know the full consequences of just how many this hurt. In a way, I think this hoax indirectly affected Annasmom, who could have spent that money (money from the procees of her book searching for Anna which she donates for such worthy causes) for missing children, or other worthy causes. I am forever greatful she thought enough to offer this to me out of the kindness of her heart. I guess we are all fooled sometimes. It just hurts to see this...... Who knows how many countless hours have been wasted which could have been better spent elsewhere.

Just want to share some of the unknown consequences of this not so honest story.

Some time ago, my computer crashed as a result of getting a virus while researching Benjamans case. My computer hung on for sometime until it finally pooped. Was it the direct fault of Mr. Kyle, no..... but it was the direct result of sleuthing his case, believing he was a victim of some sort who needed our help.

What hurts, is sadly I was unable to finance a new computer for sometime. It was giong to take me approximately 3 months to budget for a new tower. Instead, Anna Waters mother, Annasmom, who spends countless hours here with a LEGITIMATE story having a 5 year old missing child who has been missing for 37 years without answers, and a legitimate real missing child, sent me a money order to replace the tower because she believed my time, efforts and willingness to help victims was important enough she did not want to see me offline for 3 months.

So this fabricated story ultimately had an unintentional consequence which affected a victim with a legitimate case- where those funds and time could have been utilized for a real victim, who really wanted our help. Very sad in my opinion.

I don't particularly want or care for the reasons WHY this was concocted and why for so long Mr. Kyle did not correct the misinformation presented regarding his case. He is the one who has to live with this, and the consequences of the story.......Along with any repercussions for allowing the false and misstated information going on for so long.

I just thought it was important to share, perhaps we won't know the full consequences of just how many this hurt. In a way, I think this hoax indirectly affected Annasmom, who could have spent that money (money from the procees of her book searching for Anna which she donates for such worthy causes) for missing children, or other worthy causes. I am forever greatful she thought enough to offer this to me out of the kindness of her heart. I guess we are all fooled sometimes. It just hurts to see this...... Who knows how many countless hours have been wasted which could have been better spent elsewhere.

Cubby: Just hitting the thanks button is not enough.
Thank you.

I say, amen.

I really think it would be a good time for someone to hear something from BK on this matter.

I, for one, am perfectly willing to hear him out.

:banghead:
I am still very sadden about this. I truely feel in my heart Mr. Kyle doesn't know who he is. To me, the finding of BK doe on Aug. 31, 2004 were never clear. I didn't come on here with the intent of finding out what happened, my intent is to help find who he is.

I agree with RKnowley.....how did these documents slip past the FBI? I just don't get it. I haven't been up on the case for a while, but I still don't see how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane