Tim Miller "nothing entertaining about our daughters being murdered"

B4igo2it

Reaction score
"I hate to see somebody make money of my daughter's death. They will make money and movies are entertaining. Let me tell you, there is nothing entertaining about our daughters being murdered," Miller said.

snipped: Local Serial Murders Featured In Movie
POSTED: Saturday, April 3, 2010

HOUSTON -- It's been 26 years since several women were killed and dumped in an empty field in League City. Hollywood producers are now beginning to make a movie out of the the killings ...

http://www.click2houston.com/news/23043361/detail.html

Wow, it is simply amazing the producers of this movie did not contact the familys of the victims they are producing a movie about.

Without the families blessing or knowing a good portion of the profits this movie will bring in being donated to the various services for the lost, missing and unsolved murders.... there is NO WAY I will see it.

If this was sanctioned by the familes....I would watch it because it would prepare them to relive this nightmare again after all these years.

I do not understand how a movie maker could take it upon him/herself to go through with such a project. Apparently, there is not going to be a personal side to the victims since there was no family input.

Is this a documentary?

This man Tim Miller is a true hero and to see these producers do this to him and other families of these women is heartbreaking..

If this was sanctioned by the familes....I would watch it because it would prepare them to relive this nightmare again after all these years.

I do not understand how a movie maker could take it upon him/herself to go through with such a project. Apparently, there is not going to be a personal side to the victims since there was no family input.

Is this a documentary?

Without the input from the family and not knowing who the killer is, it doesn't really seem like anything other than a documentary. You ought to have to ask permission to tell someone else's story. IMO I won't watch it either.

On the other hand there are so many "true crime" shows not to mention Lifetime movies that portray crimes in the news

Sometimes the family sells their story (as in the Natalee Holloway case) for big bucks if the story is "media worthy" ..Lifetime TV bought the rights to that story even though there was no real ending or resolution

What about the "snapped" cases on Oxygen?? I don't know if they consult the victim's families???

Some of the true crime shows are very graphic.

Law and Order "takes" crimes/tragedies from the headlines and makes shows about them

My personal (and cynical) guess is that there is some "story" in the works for the sad tale of Caylee Anthony and her bio-mom Casey and the grandparents.

It does make you wonder how much input the families have in all these cases??

I love Tim Miller and I beleive they should have at least discussed this with the families. However Like Tim said it may jog someones memory and help lead to an arrest or help lay guilt on this person and make them turn themself in.

Only way I would go see it was if they talked to each parent and let people know the personality of their loved one.Money should be donated to TES in Laura's memory and if the other families have foundations then donations to them if not then to TES in memory of the victims .Like Tim said it might help solve who did the killings.The movie makers should have went to each victims family out of respect for them and also a certain amount of money be donated in each victims name.I would then feel it was for a good cause.Otherwise they are bringing more pain to these families just to fill their own pockets.These families have all suffered greatly and this is just exploiting their children's death.

This man Tim Miller is a true hero and to see these producers do this to him and other families of these women is heartbreaking..

He is a Hero he helps so many other families even though each time he finds a dead person it takes a toll on him.I am sure it brings his pain of losing Laura all over again.When he searches and fines a person or child alive I am sure that is a terrific feeling.If they would have done this the right way by going to all the families of the victim and also donated money.It seems to me they are just exploiting the victims and their families who will hear and see commercials for the movie and feel pain from it.

On the other hand there are so many "true crime" shows not to mention Lifetime movies that portray crimes in the news

Sometimes the family sells their story (as in the Natalee Holloway case) for big bucks if the story is "media worthy" ..Lifetime TV bought the rights to that story even though there was no real ending or resolution

What about the "snapped" cases on Oxygen?? I don't know if they consult the victim's families???

Law and Order "takes" crimes/tragedies from the headlines and makes shows about them

My personal (and cynical) guess is that there is some "story" in the works for the sad tale of Caylee Anthony and her bio-mom Casey and the grandparents.

Diane Fanning I believe is selling a book on KC and Caylee and I will not buy it.I like Ann Rule because she goes to the family talks to them,so you get to know what the person was like.Most Lifetime movies come from the family's stories.The shows the cases are solved and usually have family on talking about the person.To me money should be donated in each victims name,Also if they talked to the parents they would be able to let you know who the loved one was.Maybe someone watching it would feel guilt if they know who killed them or the killer might feel bad and turn himself in but It seems it will just be exploiting these innocent victims.To me that is sickening.

It would be nice if the producers of this movie would donate some of their profits to help locate the missing, or some other charitable organization to benefit victims of murder or crime itself. If it could bring one murderer to justice it would be worth it. It would also be nicer had they contacted the victims family to get their side of it but I get the feeling this will be done with police reports, court records (if there are any)as was done with the Mommy dearest book. This was basically done from the court documents, no interviews with the family. IMO, will this portray these serial murders from an unbiased POV??? If it can bring one witness to come forward, gave a memory that had been supressed and arrest comes from it, IMO, it's worth it. Inmate Anthony had a play done in her honor in Australia but they donated some of their profits to charity, so would that make it easier to swallow???

No mother or father wants their life told from someone who truly doesn't know the person killed, as long as it's done with style, grace and is mindful of not portraying the victims in a bad light, it may bring justice to one of the victims of this horrible crime, so hoping it's justice these producers are after...

JMHO

and how many true crime shows have some input from family.... I know some I view do have that input. Now, if this 'cynical' view is to test the waters for some movie about Casey? Puhlease..... hasn't she in a way already turned herself into a clown, hasn't the media in some cases turned themselves into clowns?

Clowns remind me of Gacy, and there was a reason the public was not interested in his art work. Blood money. In the end it boils down to credibility and integrity. I don't know that this producer wished to align himself with the paparazzi type or do something which might benefit crime victims. Time will tell.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back