Bullying!

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to our Bullying forum

The word "Bully" comes from the animal, "Bull" as in a bull will push you around , butt you with their head, kick you, "bully you" if you will.

It is a sad commentary on our society that I feel we even need this forum

The Bullying forum was placed in the "Current Events" area because bullying is something our children face every single day. Not only is bullying a "Current Event" it is a daily event.

Bullying has stepped up, revved up, if you will thanks to the Information Highway. Now Bullies have many avenues to practice their viciousness.

In my opinion the actual bullying isn't the only problem. It is WHY children feel the need to bully. What is going on in their lives that makes being a bully an option for them.

Don't get me wrong. I am not soft on bullying. Not at all. I like to look for solutions to problems and hopefully that is part of what we can accomplish in this forum.

I have a 13 year old son. We talk about bullying all the time. Have since he first went off to pre-school.

What I have told him is if someone is being a bully it's because something bad is happening to them in their life and bullying is the way they deal with it. That's why it is so important to report bullies. Not only to protect other kids but to get the bully some help.

You must feel sorry for bullies is what I told my son. But never give into them.

We have seen the consequences of extreme bullying in the news.

I know your heart breaks with mine every time we hear one of these horrific stories of constant bullying to the point a child takes their life.

Parents need to take responsibility for their bully children. To me that is one of the biggest part of this problem. The kids doing the bullying have no one to make them take responsibility for their actions.

Since this is a brand new topic feel free to start posting threads about bullying. The threads can be about any aspect of bullying. The topic is wide open as long as our Terms of Service are followed.

I look forward to the day this forum can close because we have finally gotten a handle on bullies. I hope that will be in my lifetime.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com
tgrif@xmission.com

Tricia, I actually just read that due to programs like Rachel's Challenge-http://www.rachelschallenge.org/ bullying has decreased. My daughter is actively involved in the one at our school, and I encourage everyone to look into this program if you haven't heard of it yet. (Be prepared to cry, though.)
It is available to elementary, junior and senior high, and college students. It really has made a difference here in our community. Thanks for addressing this. Happy Easter to you and yours.

What is Rachel's Challenge?

Rachel Scott was the first person killed at Columbine High School on April 20, 1999. Her acts of kindness and compassion coupled with the contents of her six diaries have become the foundation for one of the most life-changing school programs in America.

Powerful video/audio footage of Rachel's life and the Columbine tragedy holds students spell-bound during a one hour school presentation that motivates them to positive change in the way they treat others.
This is followed by an interactive 45-minute training session involving both adult and student leaders that shows how to sustain the momentum created by the assembly. The assembly creates the “want to” or desire for positive change. The training session teaches the “how to” and ensures that the positive impact will continue.

That evening the Rachel’s Challenge speaker conducts a powerful session with parents and community leaders. This session is similar to the assembly program and ends with a specific challenge to parents and community leaders, showing them how they can reinforce the decisions their youth are making. Entertainers, politicians, sports celebrities, educators, and even two Presidents of the United States have been impacted by Rachel’s Challenge. However, students are the target audience and they have proven that they will respond with positive words, attitudes, and actions. Your school will never be the same after being exposed to Rachel’s Challenge!
Snipped from Rachel's Challenge website.

That is good news Spamalot.

Yes, everyone please visit the website Spamalot posted for us. It is amazing.

Here's a thread that might also fit well into this new forum:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96526"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

(Might be good to add "Mean Girls" or something similar to the title.)

Great idea for a forum, btw - I am a firm believer that if you stop the bullying, you stand a good chance at nipping the rest of the stuff we see on here in the bud. TY!

:doh: I was out all day and just noticed that we had a forum set up.

This is great - such an important subject, I know we'll be able to help make a difference.

Thank you! :bow:

We have been having alot of problems with children bullying my son. My husband got statistics ,etc, from different gov sites and put this together the other day . Once we get enough signatures, it will be sent to whomever will listen . Thanks .

http://e-focused.info/

I was both BULLIED and TEASED in school...
makes me wonder why do certain kids pick on weaker ones?
Some kids stuck up for me seemed like the pretty wealthy ones did?
It makes life very very tough i must admit...
I wanted to run away..but home was no better..

We have been having alot of problems with children bullying my son. My husband got statistics ,etc, from different gov sites and put this together the other day . Once we get enough signatures, it will be sent to whomever will listen . Thanks .

http://e-focused.info/

I am all for a new BULLYING PREVENTION LAW.

I was bullied and I was told it begins at home.

A personal story that involved bullying. This summer a young man starting his freshman year of school, who was one of the sweetest, well mannered kids I've ever met became a victim of bullying. It affected him so much that he hung himself in his bedroom. Only by the Grace of God before he could succeed his mother walked into this young mans room and found him hanging.

He was rushed to the hospital. As a critical care nurse, the symptoms this child was exhibiting were those not compatible with life. For 48 hours this mother lived hour by hour. Knowing how sweet this young man was I sensed that only something quite traumatic would have made this child to something so traumatic.

(With ball bat in hand) after discovering what had led this sweet boy with such a strong desire to no longer live, I was prepared to confront those involved. If that involved jail, so be it. I'd be happy to explain to the judge and the news outlets what led me to do what I did. Only out of respect for the mom did I sit the ball bat down. The bulllying crowd involved not only students but coaches. So, the mom was assured by the principal it would be handled. Yeah right.

Not once during the two weeks this sweet child spent in the hospital did any of the parents of the boys involved nor the coaches acknowledge any guilt or apologies. ( I should have followed thru with the ball bat) So, bullying isn't simply a serious problem among the kids but adults too. You know the ones, my son does no wrong ****. If we want to prevent this form of crime it's going to require something that includes adults and children because both are equally responsible regardless if by commission or omission.

Novice Seeker

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back