Identified! Short Sleeve Blue Shirt & White Pants Woman

I think so. If you at the other picture of her, she has a fair number of wrinkles on the left side of her neck.
ETA: I think it might be a tan line. Maybe she was wearing a thin necklace while tanning and it left a pale line.

Attachments

• Blue Blouse2.jpg
    Blue Blouse2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 927
This one always bothered me, even though she is smiling in her other shot, she looks disturbed in this one....

Those concentric ring wrinkles on a young woman suggest, to me, that she was a heavy reader. If you lie in bed reading a few hours a day, you get those.

Does it look like her hair is dyed to anyone. Like maybe she is a lighter brown haired girl, but she has nearly black put in?

She has a ring that might be identifiable.

she has also opened her blouse to show her...bra?...in the second pic where she's smiling.

she's wearing a nice outfit, almost as if she was dressed for work, yet the area where she's posing is outdoors, and rugged looking. the contrast between her professional outfit and the outdoor location is disturbing knowing alcala's penchant for picking up girls on a whim.

she has also opened her blouse to show her...bra?...in the second pic where she's smiling.

she's wearing a nice outfit, almost as if she was dressed for work, yet the area where she's posing is outdoors, and rugged looking. the contrast between her professional outfit and the outdoor location is disturbing knowing alcala's penchant for picking up girls on a whim.

That looks like the same path where several other photos were taken.

If you look closely at her feet, she's wearing some kind of sock -- nylons probably. I thought at first she might have thrown clothing on over her swimsuit, but it doesn't look like beach clothes at all. Yes, disturbing.

I agree, it is disturbing. One wouldn't be dressed up the way she is, and be in the outdoor surroundings she is in dressed that way....IMO

Agreed, it's not an outdoorsy outfit at all. She looks more like she's going to a job interview. I suppose if she's just a random amateur model this could have been her idea of dressing up for a photo shoot. Maybe she didn't know Alcala was planning an outdoors photo shoot?

Her clothes would have started to look dirty pretty soon if there was any physical altercation. Wonder if the police has more photos of her.

It's not uncommon for fashion shoots to take place in inappropriate settings -- evening gowns on fishing docks, swimsuits on icebergs, etc. etc. etc. It's not really a fancy outfit either.

No, it wouldn't be uncommon for a fashion shoot to take place out there. That would mean that Alcala brought her out in that location himself or she met him there and that they would most likely be alone. It does not appear to be just a random photo that Alcala just happened to see this girl out there and asked her if he could take her photo.

It's not uncommon for fashion shoots to take place in inappropriate settings -- evening gowns on fishing docks, swimsuits on icebergs, etc. etc. etc. It's not really a fancy outfit either.

it may not be a fancy outfit, but it's an expensive one. i'm trying to date the time frame of this pic, i'd estimate it to be latter half of the 70's. there's a lot of detail in the pic, you can almost reach out and touch the fabric.

i remember vividly not being able to afford something as nice and airy looking as that outfit. plus the stocking feet in the sandals, she was somewhere during the day that didn't allow bare toes, like at work.

i can guarantee you, she wasn't out hiking. if the background of this pic means they were in a rugged area, then he or she or both of them came there from somewhere else, and she had been at work, or going to work at some point.

and i'm pretty sure the pic where she's looking uncomfortable is the first in the series, and then the second one is her with her shirt open, with her smiling.

No, it wouldn't be uncommon for a fashion shoot to take place out there. That would mean that Alcala brought her out in that location himself or she met him there and that they would most likely be alone. It does not appear to be just a random photo that Alcala just happened to see this girl out there and asked her if he could take her photo.

Yeah, that seems like a likely scenario.

There's something about the way that ring is displayed so prominently that makes me think he probably kept it as a trophy.

Her ring looks like a class ring of some sort. Wasn't there another gal who was wearing a class ring, also? I wish we could get a better view of them both.

Yeah, that seems like a likely scenario.

There's something about the way that ring is displayed so prominently that makes me think he probably kept it as a trophy.

She drives a car... look at the tan difference between her arms. I suspect she usually wears a watch.

I think it is an outfit that hasn't been worn or washed before... see the couple of hanging threads on the shirt at pocket and sleeve edge, they look unwashed. The trousers look as though they have recently been taken up carefully by hand (I can pretty much see where the hand sewed stitches "catch" the fabric) and that means it is likely a garment she owns rather than a borrowed garment. The hem of the trousers also looks as though it hasn't settled down yet from being hemmed, it is still a little buckled in spots where the thread catches.

My theory is that he invited her out for a picnic, maybe after a short morning shift or during her lunch. She presumed it would involve sitting on a blanket in a city park and wore some nice new summery clothes that were also suitable for work. Or maybe it wasn't after work at all, maybe she has some other reason to prefer trousers and hose to shorts or skirts, modesty maybe, or varicose veins.

When the picnic involved driving out into the midddle of nowhere she was unamused, but he applied a bit of charm and talked her around into unbuttoning her top for a photo.

Good catch on the tan on her left arm. I notice that both her hands are paler than her arms -- I wonder if that means she wears gloves? Her hands are pretty rough, too, like she works in harsh chemicals or something.

That buckled hem could also be from cheap thread that shrinks at a different rate than the material. It's serviceable, practical.

The blouse looks like that cheap gauzy Indian cotton that was popular throughout the 70's. The pants look like they're pretty cheap, too.

Her ring looks like a class ring of some sort. Wasn't there another gal who was wearing a class ring, also? I wish we could get a better view of them both.

Don't know where it is, but on the original thread there's a blow up of the ring and there is an L on one side and C on the other. Possibly Lewis & Clark college? And there were other ideas thrown out there.

Good catch on the tan on her left arm. I notice that both her hands are paler than her arms -- I wonder if that means she wears gloves? Her hands are pretty rough, too, like she works in harsh chemicals or something.

That buckled hem could also be from cheap thread that shrinks at a different rate than the material. It's serviceable, practical.

The blouse looks like that cheap gauzy Indian cotton that was popular throughout the 70's. The pants look like they're pretty cheap, too.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on the hem possibly being a factory made one. I grew up in a family full of short, apple shaped women, and have seen so many hand sewn hems. That's the work of someone sitting with a needle and thread. I'd even guess she used a herringbone style hemming stitch.

The shirt I don't think is cheap gauze. It has too much body to it for that. Also the slubby bits seem too... planned? Not so uneven as cheap gauze. It reminds me very much of a slightly less thick version of the fabric of the pastel coloured slub-weave late-seventies thrift shop skirts I wore all through the mid-eighties. They were various mixes of poly and cotton, and marketed to office workers. Usually they had odd sorts of pleats to them, like a cluster of four pleats or a small pleated insert. That top may even have been stocked in the shops with a matching skirt.

Bludahlia is right that it is not an outfit someone on a very tight budget would be likely to justify purchasing. White trousers are work appropriate but impractical to wear day after day, and the dropped shoulder, pleat and button on the sleeves of that top make it less likely to sit well under a sweater or cardi, which is essential if you want to wear an item out for a full day for more than a few weeks a year. She's a well cared for lass with a bit of money to spend. Maybe not rich, but definitely able to go out and spend money on buying a complete outfit that makes her look damn fine but isn't ideally suited to anything other than looking summery on a warm day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back