Found Deceased MI - Paulette Jaster, 25, Davison, 12 May 1979

ALL our family believes we have found Paulette in the NamUs case #4641. However, the dental comparison was "inconclusive", so we must wait for Dr. D's justification for positive ID to be reviewed and determined sufficient per their "scientific proof" criteria. If not, we'll have to wait six months (?) for DNA to be compared. Please pray for us!
Thank you :)

I fail at words. But you got it! In between the honks to a kleenex as I read this thread earlier today.

I tagged mlive's archives to catch up on the history. Can't imagine how you feel so close, and yet must.wait.a little longer.

*hugs

Absolutely amazing.

Pbuck I am glad that you and your family are getting resolution to Paulette's disappearance, even if it's under these circumstances.

I am honored to be among you wonderful Sleuthers, working hard and giving people back their names. You rock!

ALL our family believes we have found Paulette in the NamUs case #4641. However, the dental comparison was "inconclusive", so we must wait for Dr. D's justification for positive ID to be reviewed and determined sufficient per their "scientific proof" criteria. If not, we'll have to wait six months (?) for DNA to be compared. Please pray for us!
Thank you :)

Thanks for the update Pbuck!! Let's pray you don't have to wait 6 months. I wonder if her duffle bag is still around. Maybe there is a hairbrush or toothbrush from which they could get DNA?

Thanks for the update Pbuck!! Let's pray you don't have to wait 6 months. I wonder if her duffle bag is still around. Maybe there is a hairbrush or toothbrush from which they could get DNA?

Wow, 6 months is a long wait, hopefully that is an overestimate. If there is a tooth brush or hair brush in the duffel bag, it likely won't contain any DNA, as like any DNA it has to be preserved. I mentioned to Dr. D that we cut my daughters pony tail years ago an I decided to save it in case I ever needed it, she pointed out that it wouldn't help much as when they test hair for DNA they need a strand of hair with the root still connected. Michelle Garveys DNA was compared fairly quick, I hope the same for paulette.

God bless PBuck!

To Houston Mom: Dr. D is looking for the duffle bag. Perhaps it will have clues to why Paulette didn't have any ID on her person. Is there any way to find out how long the NamUs UID site had been posted? Seems it might be a recent addition? Strange that on 1/13 there were no images, then on 1/16 there was an artist's sketch, then finally the autopsy photo... I would like to understand. Thanks for contacting Ron Fonger...he has been a real friend in keeping Paulette's story refreshed through the years.

The NamUs file says it was created in Oct '08, but that doesn't necessarily mean in went "on line" on that day. NamUs wasn't fully functional till '09.

https://www.findthemissing.org/documents/NamUs_Background.pdf

The sketch and later photo were the result of Dr. D's fancy footwork to get this case solved!!

I'm noticing that many sketches and photos are being added to the many missing. I think, and this is my opinion, LE, ME and whoever else is in charge, are learning the value of the publics help and social media. There are just so many missing and so much work to do.

Wonder if they found the duffel bag yet. I read that article you posted, interesting.
I also did some reading about extracting DNA from a tooth brush, if she has one in the bag(fingers crossed) they might be able to pull some DNA from it. As long as wherever it has been stored is/was a proper environment..houstonmom you know how hot and humid it gets down here, hope to hear some news soon!

Sending thoughts and prayers your way PBuck

Hello, Houston Mom. Well, it's "official"... Dr. D called me this afternoon and the ME declared it a positive ID. My dear sister Paulette Jaster has been "found" after 34 years of being a Missing Person. Yes, the hit & run is sad, but it answers so many questions for our family and her friends. We are grateful to this forum and all who continue the work. By the way, Dr. D told me, "If Houston Mom hadn't pointed it out, who knows how long it might have taken to come up with the match." She credits you with solving this case, and I agree. But let's give God thanks for His hand in it, and for answering our prayers, in His way and His time. Blessings to all, NEVER GIVE UP! Peg

I just heard the news and I want to say how very, very proud Websleuths is of all of you!

:yourock:

This will put a "solved" in front of two of our cases, but more importantly, this will help a family to know what happened to their love one and will give Paulette her name back.

I just can't say that enough. :yourock:

Salem

Oh my Gosh! You guys are fantastic!!! Thank you all for your dedication and hard work here!

and what Salem said...

Wonderful, awesome work!

Websleuths is so proud of you Houston Mom and all who work these cases!

Hello, Houston Mom. Well, it's "official"... Dr. D called me this afternoon and the ME declared it a positive ID. My dear sister Paulette Jaster has been "found" after 34 years of being a Missing Person. Yes, the hit & run is sad, but it answers so many questions for our family and her friends. We are grateful to this forum and all who continue the work. By the way, Dr. D told me, "If Houston Mom hadn't pointed it out, who knows how long it might have taken to come up with the match." She credits you with solving this case, and I agree. But let's give God thanks for His hand in it, and for answering our prayers, in His way and His time. Blessings to all, NEVER GIVE UP! Peg

Peg; my condolences to your family. I'm thankful you do not have to spend another day wondering where Paulette is. Can you tell us how they came to the conclusion that she is Paulette since the dentals didn't work out?

I do not have a missing loved one; I can never know the hell your family & other family feels. I volunteer my time because of people like you; that makes sure your loved one is in the press; on message boards like WS as well as FB pages. I wish that everyone with a missing loved one would consider coming here; checking to see if there is a post then regularly posting to it so that their face is fresh in our mind.

I'm trying to work my way through the Harris County Unidentified list. I just put the stats in NamUs and Paulette's name was on the list. When it was said she was travelling between AZ and FL; and she was carrying a duffle bag, I said "Eureka!" Have you received official notification??? Is it definite??

I do walk with God and I am sure He has led me to this hobby. Just knowing that you sister has found her way home and your questions are now answered fills my heart with joy.

:loveyou:

I'm honored to be here with you & the others that work so hard to give families their loved ones back <3

In an email to The Flint Journal, the online poster who Sperlich credited with making the Jaster-Jane Doe connection on www.websleuths.com would not identify herself, and said she's not looking for attention.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/ind...les_helped_texas_of.html#incart_river_default

Above all, keep the hope alive. God answers prayer, and Miracles still happen!

Thank you so much for posting the article! I do not doubt that you being involved here saved your family a huge wait! I didn't realize there was no DNA when she was buried. This goes to show all of us how important we all are! NamUs is just one tool unlike what some articles that I'm reading are leading people to believe. Some articles are making it sound like NamUs made the match.

Sending ~Hugs

Three freckles helped Texas officials identify dead woman as long-missing Davison woman

This week, siblings found out the reason for the silence after a citizen tip led Harris County officials to compare the unidentified woman with Jaster.

Derrick said identifications are typically made with fingerprints, but in this case, none were on file for Jaster.

And although there were dental records to compare with autopsy reports, there were no dental X-rays to compare.

Finally, investigators had DNA samples from Jaster's family members, but DNA wasn't collected for the accident victim when she was buried in Texas at county expense.

Derrick said the ability of Jaster's sisters to identified the woman as their sibling helped with the identification as well as consistencies in dental records, matching freckles and the same hairline pattern.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back