Southeast States - AL, AR, LA, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC, TN - Weather Discussion

Good luck Backwoods & Tulessa it sounds like you are as prepared as can be. We get back to basics when we must - keeping warm & having food. Access to electronic devices has become almost as important these days! I am south of "the action" this week & so glad because I am hosting a big engagement party Saturday.... hope the ATL area guests will make it down.

It's ugly out there! Lots of ice. We had sleet start at about 3am, and it's all frozen solid. Freezing rain is supposed to start up again soon, then snow until tomorrow. Windy, too.

Our power has been fine so far, but a lot of my friends have had outages or flickering.

On the bright side, we had plenty of time to prepare. Good job, officials :) Y'all stay safe, warm, and happy!

Oh dear. North Carolina traffic jams. The woman on the phone on CNN says she's been stuck for 4 hours and she said it will be another 2 hours before she gets home. :thud:

Unreal. 8 inches and no let up in sight. No ice though!!

Well, here in my part of middle Georgia, we got off a whole lot lighter than I thought we might, thus far anyhow. We mostly got rain all day instead of the predicted ice pellets, etc. -- temps stayed just above freezing most of the day Wednesday. My daughter and fellow EVEN ventured off to Macon in the evening for her much-desired birthday sushi -- not because I was liking the idea, though, sure was glad when they got back safely. No power outage thus far for us (although there have been sporadic ones pretty close by) so I also got mocha birthday cupcakes baked and frosted for when they got back.

Apparently you didn't have to go many miles from where I am to encounter a wintry mess -- I think we just got lucky and were just outside the "dividing line".

Everything's icing up here pretty good now, and we did have a dimming of lights a few times an hour or so ago -- so, we shall see.

Sure sounds like a bunch of you are really catching it with this round. Prayers that you stay safe and warm.

Spring WILL come!

We now have a foot. The pines here look like they are weeping. I predict power outages before morning . :(

Woke up to a winter wonderland in Cobb county. At least four inches of snow for us, on top of the ice from yesterday. Trees, power lines are totally coated. It's beautiful, but I'm not looking forward to when those branches and trees start to snap. Power has stayed on through this whole thing (knock wood), internet was spotty last night.

Hope everyone is okay!

Well, here in my part of middle Georgia, we got off a whole lot lighter than I thought we might, thus far anyhow. We mostly got rain all day instead of the predicted ice pellets, etc. -- temps stayed just above freezing most of the day Wednesday. My daughter and fellow EVEN ventured off to Macon in the evening for her much-desired birthday sushi -- not because I was liking the idea, though, sure was glad when they got back safely. No power outage thus far for us (although there have been sporadic ones pretty close by) so I also got mocha birthday cupcakes baked and frosted for when they got back.

Apparently you didn't have to go many miles from where I am to encounter a wintry mess -- I think we just got lucky and were just outside the "dividing line".

Everything's icing up here pretty good now, and we did have a dimming of lights a few times an hour or so ago -- so, we shall see.

Sure sounds like a bunch of you are really catching it with this round. Prayers that you stay safe and warm.

Spring WILL come!

backwoods, I think you are the closest to my son , who is in Warm Springs....I am very grateful for the 4 and a half hour drive between y'all and here. It is cold and rainy- but the temp stayed up... no ice

Central NC--got about 5 inches at my house overnight plus freezing rain after. Expecting 1-4 more this afternoon before the storm leaves the state.

Gotta watch this video, we got 10 inches in Western NC

The Durham Academy Head of School and his assistant took their snow day back to the 80′s.

It’s not often that school is canceled for winter weather in North Carolina, so Michael Ulku-Steiner really wanted to jazz up the news. You know, by performing a parody of “Ice Ice Baby” to announce the news to his K-12 students.

[video=youtube;HhtqjdUi0nw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhtqjdUi0nw[/video]

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florida/2014-07-22/Victims-struck-by-lightning-on-Ft-Myers-Beach

According to the Lee County Sheriff's Office, one person did not survive.

Two others were transported to the hospital, and one of them went into cardiac arrest.

I don't know why they stayed on the beach and didn't seek cover inside the Hooters (or any number of businesses there). I live in Fort Myers and it's not like the storm crept up on them. The only thing I can think of is that they were drinking because no one in their right mind would have purposely stayed outside in the storm that passed earlier. It was a brutal storm with a lot of lightening.

R.I.P to the victim. I hope the other two survive. It appears at least one of the remaining victims is in bad shape.

What I wouldn't give for the victim who died to be Casey Anthony... just sayin'!

Heavy rain to continue all day. I have a niece and two babies that are stranded. The water is pouring off of my mountain, and lacks about 2 feet to overflowing to my lawn!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back