Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #11

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/14/us/texas-missing-woman/

"Authorities closed the case Friday on Leanne Hecht Bearden, the once intrepid world traveler who was found dead a day earlier, after having apparently killed herself, according to police."

"According to Garden Ridge, Texas, Police Chief Donna O'Conner, "Preliminary autopsy results indicate asphyxiation by hanging."

I kind of see it the other way round. I believe on that trip she felt that she could really be herself and live up to her potential. Meet new challenges, be active, experience so many new things, conquer new territory so to speak. It suited her personality to a t to be on the road, never growing roots anywhere. A rolling stone. I believe what we see in the blog posts and pictures, that was the real Leanne, the person she wanted to be and really was. I think when they came back she realized that she wouldn't be able to experience this intense feeling of joy for a long time. For starters, they had no money left and finding a job was now important. Then there were plans to start a family which also doesn't lend itself to a gypsie lifestyle. She might have felt that she never truly could be herself again and be truly happy and fulfilled, and that there was no way out.

This is just moo.

I so wish she would have seen another way for herself. I so wish!
As someone who travelled internationally for several months this is exactly how I have felt every day since. And it has been ten years. I have never felt as fully happy and safe and at peace as I did then and it is a constant struggle.

This would be cause of death. Manner of death will be officially declared once the toxicology report is finished.

What is the difference? I would have thought manner of death is hanging and cod is asphyxiation? Is that wrong?

What is the difference? I would have thought manner of death is hanging and cod is asphyxiation? Is that wrong?

Manner of death is either suicide, homicide, accident, natural, or undetermined.

In Leanne's case, the apparent manner of death is suicide.

The apparent manner of death is suicide, she added, though a final ruling won't be released until toxicology results are in.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/14/us/texas-missing-woman/index.html?iref=allsearch

The cause of death is asphyxiation by hanging.

http://www.kens5.com/news/Leanne-Beardens-death-ruled-suicide-Garden-Ridge-police-say-245602671.html

What does 'shortly' mean in this context? How exact can an autopsy be after 4 weeks? Surely not down to the hour?

Perhaps a few hours, I think, If digestive contents were intact. Depending on the condition of her internal organs, if she and Josh shared a meal, say lunch together, or coffee, they would have some idea when she died in correlation to what time Josh knew her to last eat/drink. Her digestive process of her last food consumed would be frozen in time.

If the stomach is full containing undigested food, it can be said that death occurred within two to four hours of the eating of the last meal.

http://healthdrip.com/estimation-of-post-mortem-interval/

Cause of death is the physical aspect of the autopsy. So if someone has a heart attack and the autopsy shows cause of death is cardiac arrest, they wait for the toxicology report before declaring the manner of death natural.

So maybe the toxicology report comes back and shows drugs in their system, then it could be determined that the cardiac arrest was due to the drugs and thus the manner of death would be ruled an accident.

No idea how high up she was, but if I was searching, I would be looking down at the ground for foot prints or personal items she may have dropped. I doubt I would be looking up into the trees for someone to be hanging. BUT, SAR should be doing both of those, IMO.

I am deeply saddened by this news. Have not posted much but have been following along. Suicide leaves behind so much heartache, guilt and questions. Questions with no answers. I have had a brief glimpse. My MIL's Mother committed suicide and took the 3 young children with her. Turned on the gas stove. Felt she needed to take her babies with her that she loved. That nobody else would care for them. She was diagnosed with cancer and dying. Family did not know. My MIL was just 18 and had moved away from Copenhagen for work. A friend I had known since early high school hung himself when we were in our late 20's. We were very close. He travelled the world and wrote me the most eloquent letters and sent me beautiful artwork of his travels. Family said there was no indication. He was happy. In reading his writings after death he was happy he finally found a way out from his suffering. In essence we never really know the suffering or the reasoning. In time we just have to accept it. As heartbreaking as it is. I'm so very sorry to read this outcome.

I am so saddened and shocked that this case took the turn it did. After this case captured my attention and after reading the FB page and their Blog, this is the very last ending I expected. I just don't understand it. I wondered why Josh didn't post a timeline like he said he was going to do and became touchy when asked about it. His response was that she went for a walk and disappeared, as if that is all that needed to be said. Obviously there is much more to this story than this woman just deciding on a whim to end her life. A timeline wouldn't have made a difference in the end since now we know she was already dead, but at least it would help everyone to perhaps understand what led up to this drastic act.

[modsnip] I have dealt with debilitating depression during extremely stressful events in my life, but never did I consider ending my life. I couldn't do that to my family even if I couldn't cope with my present and future at the time. I sought the help I needed with my loved ones supporting me in getting through it. [modsnip] I just can't grasp it.

I hardly know what to say. I was shocked to the core when I read the news about Leanne last evening. I felt like one of my loved ones died...And in a strange way that's true. For whatever reason all of us who followed Leanne's disappearance came to care for her and love her and we all are heartbroken.

Last night I read all your post here at WS.I read Leanne and Josh's travel journal and listened to her sing Ava Maria while crying until there were no tears left.

My sincerest and deepest sympathy to Josh and to Leanne's families and friends. I pray for them to somehow not hurt so much. To loose someone by suicide is a brutal path to travel.

I pray that Leanne feels nothing but peace and love and good things.

ScarlettScarpetta. I wish I could hug you through my computer screen. I can sense your terrible pain.
I am so so sad....However I want to thank all of you for your words on this thread. They are needed by many of us and greatly appreciated.

[modsnip]

It never makes sense to those left behind. I used to believe it was a selfish act too. I no longer do. Having seen the depths of depression folks suffer. It's beyond anything those that suffer minor to moderate. Perhaps that's what kept her going? Like "I'm running as fast as I can" Then real life was in front. IMO. At the end of the day she just couldn't deal. Sadly.

[modsnip]

I agree with your statement that there is more to the story, but we will never be privy to it, especially if it was between two people. If there was a note, we will not be privy to that either.

I also agree that this entire family has been put through major trama in the weeks of searching. It will take years to come to terms with this if they ever do so. I am so sad for her elderly parents.

Had she felt she had done it all and there was nothing left to do or was she totally unhappy with her life, or maybe both?

[modsnip] Some people (myself included) are in constant physical pain, and just cannot cope with it any longer, when there seems to be no relief. Mental pain is equally horrible, if it never lets you alone. We have no idea what was in Leann's mind, but she must have been in great pain.

I wonder how Josh's life will now be. I feel this will almost crush him, he seemed to adore her. I pray he has the strength to go on and get through the pain, and forgive her and himself, and one day find happiness again. But I don't think this day will come soon. The same goes for her parents. I'm very sad for this family, the ones who loved her so much. They have a long road of healing in front of them.

[modsnip] Some people (myself included) are in constant physical pain, and just cannot cope with it any longer, when there seems to be no relief. Mental pain is equally horrible, if it never lets you alone. We have no idea what was in Leann's mind, but she must have been in great pain.

Agree. So sorry you suffer with pain. It is mentally and physically wearing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back