GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
LH's worst fear was that her kid would be left in a hot vehicle? :notgood:

He also says (in his reddit account) that he's "closely related" to Elvis and a descendent of Betsy Ross. He's American royalty. :laugh: :snooty:

Oh please! You did not have to tell me that. OMG.

Okay not arrested at scene maybe, but still, taken away in handcuffs. Not a thing that happens all the time, Imo.

Out of all the parents, whose children died in hot cars, how many were led away from the scene in cuffs? I bet not many. Most probably had to be carried away or helped to even walk. jmo

bless you folks digging through the reddit - I have tried but just spent an hour trying to locate Roscoe's comments in the thread asking what career lets you spend all day on reddit (rather than oh, I don't know, working) and I just cannot take it. I just can't do it. I did try though. That site is ridiculously difficult to maneuver around on :confused:

Thanks, all, for your thoughtful responses to my on-the-fence post. Still on the fence, but I appreciate the intelligent debate!

there are no degrees of murder in GA. No murder one, murder 2, etc. Murder is murder in GA. The 2nd degree felony charge of child neglect/cruelty is what pulls in the the murder charge which has no degree attached to it because none exist in GA.

very confusing but yeah.

I wonder if the car seat had one of those bonnet/hoods on it like the one in the photo? If Cooper was sitting very low in the seat, the hood would obscure him as well.
Didn't the detective state that they used a mannequin that was slightly shorter then Cooper to determine where Cooper's head would gave been and they state that if would stick out over the top of the RF car seat? Even though Cooper had been strapped in tightly it wouldn't keep his head from poking over the top would it?

Wasn't Cooper talking? I know my granddaughter talks a blue streak when she's riding. Shouldn't Ross have heard him?

What a beautiful child! I was nauseated yesterday watching this whole thing unfold.
The biggest thing for me is that within 30 seconds he forgot he had a child? That is not possible. I could see if the ride was over an hour, maybe...But I have never had sympathy for those who leave a live creature or human in the hot car.
This whole thing brings so much back from KC trial.
If he was deaf, or not, by backing into the parking space when he got to work, he had no choice but to see his son. There is no reasonable excuse:(

Didn't the detective state that they used a mannequin that was slightly shorter then Cooper to determine where Cooper's head would gave been and they state that if would stick out over the top of the RF car seat? Even though Cooper had been strapped in tightly it wouldn't keep his head from poking over the top would it?

That is correct. His torso decides where his head would be.

there are no degrees of murder in GA. No murder one, murder 2, etc. Murder is murder in GA. The 2nd degree felony charge of child neglect/cruelty is what pulls in the the murder charge which has no degree attached to it because none exist in GA.

very confusing but yeah.

HB 271 amends Title 16, relating to crimes and offenses, so as to create the offense of murder in the second degree, and provides for penalties. A person commits the offense of murder in the second degree when, in the commission of cruelty to children in the second degree, he or she causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice. A person convicted of the offense of murder in the second degree shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than ten nor more than 30 years.

Signed by Governor: April 29, 2014
Effective Date: July 1, 2014

http://w2.georgiacourts.gov/enactedl...x.php/criminal

bless you folks digging through the reddit - I have tried but just spent an hour trying to locate Roscoe's comments in the thread asking what career lets you spend all day on reddit (rather than oh, I don't know, working) and I just cannot take it. I just can't do it. I did try though. That site is ridiculously difficult to maneuver around on :confused:

I've been wondering about Ross's job at Home Depot. I hope for Home Depot's sake that he is only paid for work completed. It appears that he mostly goofs off at work, if he isn't playing photographer and getting himself ready for photos, he and his friends are BSing about movies. I do hope that Home Depot audits the work product for Ross and his co-horts.

I thought about that the other day during the hearing when word came out about her unusual response to not finding Cooper at daycare. I suspect RH has either left Cooper in the car for brief periods of time and she was the one who was not happy to hear know it and therefore shoved research in his face at home about how very dangerous that practice is.

I think Cooper was the glue being used to keep RH in this marriage after his alleged affair a while back. I think RH took that idea and his wheels started turning. A way to be child free, a way to make it pay, and still come out the sympathetic victim of a tragedy.

of course, if the "what time are you picking up my buddy" text was real, and happened, and it referred to Cooper, then by her arrival at daycare, LH already knew RH indicated the child was at daycare and she was expected to pick him up. So given that, maybe her reaction was normal and expectable.

10 months ago..

Reference to kids.. REddit

"This will be me and my son (or kids if we have anymore). I grew up in Tuscaloosa and love everything about the tradition of college football. Getting to see it myself at many other schools is going to be a treat for me to show my children."

I don't know about the rest of you who are grandmothers but I know that if I sat in that courtroom yesterday and heard the probable cause set forth by the prosecutor, I would be livid. If I were the mother's mother I would be having a very serious "one-on-one" discussion with my daughter. The grandmother has been reported to have been extremely upset upon hearing that her grandson was dead but also confused and horrified that her daughter showed no emotion while giving her the traumatic news. I can only imagine what conversation occurred after leaving that courtroom. In fact if I were her mother she would have never been waxing that damn chewing gum at all. She would be "snatched baldheaded" right now. (Ole Southern term I learned from my mama, LOL) I'm sure the people in Georgia know what I mean. :slapfight:
I hear ya! One of the reasons this case has affected me so deeply is because I have a 16 month-old grandson. Whenever I see the picture of Cooper sitting on the floor with his book in his lap, I want to just reach through the screen, snatch him up, and run away with him.

My daughter watched portion of the hearing with me, and I told her that if something like this happened to my precious grandbaby due to her negligence, don't expect me to give you a standing ovation at his funeral. And don't think I'll pull a Cindy Anthony, and lie for you to get you off the hook.

She just laughed and said: I know, Mom! You don't even have to tell me that!

Oh boy and there is one on reddit that is about abortion.. His views on it.. I need mod approval before I post it.. So if one could pm me that would be great!

I've been wondering about Ross's job at Home Depot. I hope for Home Depot's sake that he is only paid for work completed. It appears that he mostly goofs off at work, if he isn't playing photographer and getting himself ready for photos, he and his friends are BSing about movies. I do hope that Home Depot audits the work product for Ross and his co-horts.
I have a feeling there is going to be a shake-up coming for the employee's there.

Reddit RoscoeUA.

How he lost his hearing..According to him.

"Although I wasn't paralyzed, I had a bottle rocket explode in my ear that was shot by friend. It caused me to have vertigo/terrible balance and facial paralysis for long time, thankfully after two surgeries I have no outward issues, Im just deaf in my right ear. We weren't really horse playing with the bottle rockets, just not shooting them correctly. Although we aren't close friends anymore due to other circumstances, I couldn't ever imagine bringing a lawsuit against her for the damage caused. So I greatly commend you, especially with such a worse accident"

I am sorry if this has already been discussed. I haven't had a chance to read through all of the comments yet. I have a feeling this is going to be one of the biggest cases of the year, or of the decade, and no doubt I will make many new posting friends on this great site!

I have a million things to say, but just a few for now:

1) I wonder if JH or LH (refuse to calll them 'mom' & 'dad') looked up any sites that showed FORWARD thinking in reference to a 22-month old baby:
For example- Did they look up "How to deal with the terrible 2's", or "when to transition your child from a crib to a big boy bed", or "good, safe toys for 2 yr olds" or "Birthday party ideas for a 2 yr. old"(since he had a birthday coming up next month)? Was there any indication/research on there that indicated they planned on having him around in the future?

2)The infant, rear facing car seat REALLY bothers me! Do they really even have a car seat for a 2 yr. old? If not, WHY not? Did they not expect to need it, so why buy it? Or if they do, why were they using the rear facing one that day? Seems like they said they left it somewhere else, but I don't believe that. I believe they either don't have one & knew they wouldn't need one, or they switched em out that day on purpose, either to keep that kid super-tightly locked in, or maybe so JH wouldn't have to see sweet baby's face before he sent him to his death?! Or maybe so no passerbys would notice the baby?

I have a million more comments & questions I will get to. (I haven't even gotten to LH 'mom'(not hardly).

You guys, this is one of, if not, the sickest, saddest stories I've ever heard. I literally started crying while watching the bail hearing for that poor, innocent, beautiful baby. I have a feeling complete strangers like us have shed more tears for this boy than they ever did. Thousands of people unable to have children would love to have a baby like that. It was so senseless!! WHY? WHY? WHY?

I have not been able to read the threads today, so if this has been said already, sorry.

Anyway, I am so impressed with the sleuthers who thought about the life insurance and the girlfriend aspect.

The insurance made sense as LH works in an insurance office. The girlfriend makes sense as it is always there with the male.

Who guessed that it would be so many women with RH.

I am impressed with the sleuthers!

Me too! I did NOT want to think about insurance on a 2yo (no matter WHAT some of you say is normal about it) and I sure didn't think HE would have girls on the side. Wow! Wrong again!! Some of y'all are goooooood!! ;)

Someone said he had MOOBS , I didn't notice, I was focased on his face. Did he have man *advertiser censored*?

This site keeps freezing my puter BAD. Please fix it.

When I try to reply w/quote, I usually get bumped and have to log on again. That never used to happen. I wonder if it is temporary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998