LeAnna (Mom) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Failure to cry in front of a crowd" is one thing.

Chomping on gum, sighing, and appearing generally bored at her husband's probable cause hearing (during which details of her baby's horrific death and appearance were described), are another thing altogether.

Immediately concluding that "Ross must have left him [Cooper] in the car", asking RH if he "said too much", not asking to see Cooper when she found out he had died - these are all drastically different than not "crying in front of a crowd".

I know people who don't feel comfortable expressing sorrow in front of others (especially in front of strangers). But it's not necessarily LH's lack of crying - it's her weird statements, as well as her overall attitude throughout this tragedy that has led me to wonder about her.

As I've opined in these threads previously: it could be that her husband is more important to her than anyone/anything else, including her child, or it could be that she's involved in some way. Until more info comes out that points in one direction or another, it's anybody's guess.

Law enforcement didn't go to the Treehouse to find Leanna. They went to secure the scene where Cooper died. Since RH, Cooper and the car were there most of the day it's pretty important to secure any possible evidence from the parking lot and RH's office.

Respectfully ...:Moo: If you were a lawyer speaking i would have to agree with everything you said. Yet as is typical with lawyer speak ...It doesn't give the whole story and perhaps misleading .

she went to his work place and also met up with the police

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Wow - comparing LH to Richard Jewell - a hero who tried to prevent a terrorist attack. I don't think it's an applicable analogy.

While I agree that the media can be overzealous when reporting on high profile cases, and I agree that a bereaved person's privacy should be respected so that they may mourn their loss, it's not as if LH's behavior & statements went unnoticed by CCPD.

IMO, LH's behavior and statements deserve scrutiny, given the circumstances. If CCPD ultimately determines that she had no involvement in her baby son's death, so be it.

But investigators would not be serving justice for Cooper if they turned a blind eye/deaf ear to LH's odd statements at the daycare center and at the police station.

I think the Richard Jewell analogy is a vague hint that there could be a lawsuit if they continue to investigate her. JMHO

To me, one of LH's most suspicious actions/statements was that when she was informed of her baby's death, she didn't ask to see Cooper, but only wanted to see her husband.

If that doesn't deserve scrutiny, I don't know what does.

According to LH, it was her "worst nightmare".

I can't help but wonder if she was referring to Cooper dying in a hot car, or her husband getting arrested because he left their son to die in a hot car.

Her actions and behavior invite speculation and scrutiny, because one is left to question her priorities based on so many of her statements. She didn't just make one odd statement - she made several, which, on their face, sound suspicious.

LE has no choice but to dig deeper, if they're conducting a thorough investigation (which they are). I say good for CCPD.

Anger is a stage of grief, trust me it will come, it may come again and again for her. It may never leave but eventually when she has to stop focusing on her own self preservation it will be felt. I am willing to bet she really has barely started to grieve at all.

I think the Richard Jewell analogy is a vague hint that there could be a lawsuit if they continue to investigate her. JMHO
I think so too.
Jewell sued everybody!

Richard Jewell v. NBC

Richard Jewell v. New York Post

Richard Jewell v. Cox Enterprises (d.b.a. Atlanta Journal-Constitution)

CNN settled out of court.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Jewell

All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

Tricia's True Crime Radio Show Announcement:

Hello My Darling Wonderful True Crime Delicate Angels,

Remember True Crime Radio airs Thursday nights 8 PM Eastern on iHeart Radio. The best thing to do is, rather than try and find it on iHeart, is go to www.truecrimeradio.com
At www.truecrimeradio.com is the link to the show on iHeart,(show airs live 8 PM ET on Thursday at the iHeart link) link to the archives so you can listen to past shows, and our chat room. Now I need a favor please...please pass this along to your friends. The more people we have listening the better the chance we will get a 5 day a week true crime radio show. THANK YOU!!!

http://www.truecrimeradio.com/

moo and all that jazz

No denial of her possible involvement, nor any outrage at LE for insinuating her reactions weren't normal.
Interesting what was left out.

The lady (LH) doth protest too much......(MOO)

Anger is a stage of grief, trust me it will come, it may come again and again for her. It may never leave but eventually when she has to stop focusing on her own self preservation it will be felt. I am willing to bet she really has barely started to grieve at all.

it seems to me that her lawyer's media release today indicates that she seems a bit ''peevish'' -- methinks the lid is about to pop off her boiling anger any minute. The suspense about the pending Grand Jury and the AT&T records are adding more heat and I bet she's not ''doing well'' at all. MOO - Only

To stage the discovery.

It's the same reason he called in late to his movie with friends, he pretended he was going, but how did he know he would be late before he even left work?

Maybe he told his friends he'd be late so they weren't standing around outside and miss the movie, so when they arrived they went in and sat down. After 1/2 an hour, one of the friends came outside to call and text him.

He never planned on making it to the movies. He knew he'd have to go to the morgue/hospital with Cooper.

MOO

___

He left work at 4:16 p.m., and it would have taken him about 10 minutes to get to the theater, the detective said.

When Harris didn't show up 30 minutes into the movie, Hall stepped outside to contact him. Harris didn't respond to texts, and phone calls went straight to his voice mail, Hall said.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/03/justice/georgia-hot-car-toddler-death/

@B_M: Since #LeannaHarris couldn't get the life insurance money is she now setting the stage to get money from a defamation suit? #HotCarDeath"

Hmm... Interesting

@B_M: Since #LeannaHarris couldn't get the life insurance money is she now setting the stage to get money from a defamation suit? #HotCarDeath"

Hmm... Interesting

Why do you think she wont get the life insurance? She surely will, even if she remains a suspect. The insurance companies have a duty of showing "good faith" and cannot take advantage of the situation to avoid paying out their contractual obligations. Absent her actually being charged, they owe it and can only delay it so long.

Why do you think she wont get the life insurance? She surely will, even if she remains a suspect. The insurance companies have a duty of showing "good faith" and cannot take advantage of the situation to avoid paying out their contractual obligations. Absent her actually being charged, they owe it and can only delay it so long.
Exactly why that tweet is interesting. It's a old friend of theirs that tweeted it.

"Failure to cry in front of a crowd" is one thing.

Chomping on gum, sighing, and appearing generally bored at her husband's probable cause hearing (during which details of her baby's horrific death and appearance were described), are another thing altogether.

Immediately concluding that "Ross must have left him [Cooper] in the car", asking RH if he "said too much", not asking to see Cooper when she found out he had died - these are all drastically different than not "crying in front of a crowd".

I know people who don't feel comfortable expressing sorrow in front of others (especially in front of strangers). But it's not necessarily LH's lack of crying - it's her weird statements, as well as her overall attitude throughout this tragedy that has led me to wonder about her.

As I've opined in these threads previously: it could be that her husband is more important to her than anyone/anything else, including her child, or it could be that she's involved in some way. Until more info comes out that points in one direction or another, it's anybody's guess.

as well as:

used the Internet to research child deaths inside vehicles and mentioned at Cooper's funeral that she was not angry at Ross and how she wouldn't bring Cooper back into this "broken world."

I'm trying to maintain an open mind until trial...but if this is her devastated, nightmare face, I want to buy stock in what she's on.

I don't know of any life insurance company that will pay out during an investigation of a suspicious death. They'll wait until knowing if hubby was involved in the death or not, first.

Except that they will conduct their own investigation and with it being all over the press that funeral expenses were covered... where's the rush? kwim?

Compared to Richard Jewell ? :waitasec:

Seriously?

I don't know of any life insurance company that will pay out during an investigation of a suspicious death. They'll wait until knowing if hubby was involved in the death or not, first.

They will wait to see if Leanna is charged, whether JRH did it intentionally is irrelevant since they wont be paying out to him. Even if she is charged they have to pay out to someone which is possibly the grandparents.

They will wait to see if Leanna is charged, whether JRH did it intentionally is irrelevant. Even if she is charged they have to pay out to someone which is possibly the grandparents.

Tied up in probate I'm guessing OR not paid out at all if anything comes to light that the "policyholders" were responsible for the death of the insured ... but you could be right!

They will wait to see if Leanna is charged, whether JRH did it intentionally is irrelevant since they wont be paying out to him. Even if she is charged they have to pay out to someone which is possibly the grandparents.

I don't think it works that way if RH was the one who purchased the insurance...and certainly not if they find out this was murder with malice. Many think the charges will be upped to this by the time of trial. There's no hurry. Funeral's been paid for; all they have to do is say they, too, are investigating a suspicious death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500