These Eyes

My first post and apologies if repeating previous thoughts.

Two things stand out to me about "These Eyes". Firstly, it is a very specific phrase and not one which would ordinarily be used except where it has a clear meaning. I am afraid I do not support ideas that it could be a mistranscription/hearing of something like Visage. That seems too different and Occams Razor says go for the simple explanation - that it is written as intended. Secondly, as noted elsewhere, the writing is very different (especially the 'e's) to the other notes - although the s seems similar. This suggests to me that it is either written at a different time (probably years different) or by another hand. I prefer the former.

The timeline for the notes page is very unclear. It seems certain that it dates to the 80s due to the history of Ben Perkins. I fail to see how the Jennifer Perkins reference can be before '87 given her history. Finally, I note the repeated suggestions that LEK was older than claimed and had a history of dancing in clubs.

Putting this together the simplest explanation I can see for the 'These Eyes' note is that it refers to a booking, most probably for a video or photo shoot related to a recording of the song of that name. The only possibility that this identifies immediately dates to 1981, when the song was released as a single by Natalie Cole. I do not know whether a video was made, but there was certainly a recorded performance (with backing dancers) on the Solid Gold syndicated TV show that year. Of course, there may have been other, less well known cover versions in the 80's which also had shoots. And the contact lens campaign is also possible.

I do not see where this leads but perhaps it will spark thoughts in others.

I think you are correct about 'These Eyes' possibly being for a video booking and having been written at a different time period from the rest of some of the info on the sheet of paper. That would also makes sense with the other info if the notes beside it were about attending a make-up session for whatever reason.
However, if FLEK were in "hiding", I don't think she would be in any of the photographs, videos, or t.v. shows; perhaps she was interested in being behind the scenes as her resume suggests. Her resume (depending on how much truth is there) states that she does photography. Again, we have no paper trail or proof of her work and photography. I find this strange because all photography maintain a portfolio, this is the proof of their work and a secondary type of resume.

These Eyes is listed in the 'Who's Who in (music) video production'. (I can provide a link if necessary). It's on google.

I made a side-by-side comparison of FLEK and the model from the ad

flek.jpg

Okay, so I did a little research about Natalie Cole's "These Eyes." Forgive me if this is going a bit out there, but I just wanted to share what I learned in case anyone else is, like me, prone to these sorts of flights of fancy :blushing:

The song was released as a single, which came with its own artwork

nataliecole-theseeyes.jpg

The album it came from is called Happy Love. This is its artwork

115407824.jpg

As you can see, the same outfit is worn in both of them, and so I think it's reasonable to assume that both photographs are from the same photoshoot.

Discogs has the album credits listed here: http://www.discogs.com/Natalie-Cole-Happy-Love/release/5363558

Art Direction, Photography By – Glen Christensen

So, on the off chance that this is actually the "These Eyes" FLEK wrote about, perhaps she worked for/with Glen Christensen?

Actually the contact lens model has some similar features of FLEK. Possible the pic was " flipped?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flek2.jpg
flek3.jpg
flek4.jpg

I do see a resemblance, but the more I look, the less and less likely it seems that there's any possibility these are the same woman.

Maybe it's just her hand. She claimed to have been a hand model.

It's the eyebrows... They are the same eyebrows. It's making me crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm obsessing over "These Eyes!" It's specific and odd enough that I feel like it's one of the few things we may actually be able to figure out, and I just can't stop coming back to it as I read about FLEK.

Here are some thoughts I'm having about the phone number:

13a36e66133f03f0bc839ef8e3a67d3b.png

I'm pretty confident that the first digit is a 6, and while the following two are probably 5 and 0, I'm not sure.

Could the second digit be another 6? Here are some of FLEK's other 5's:

b7a03920f4b360adbd7c087d38104ada.png

1743784e07382ddf96dde8f02635b843.png

As you can see, she draws the tops separately, and they never seem to connect.

And here are some of her 2's:
064468e8c261538c59d8179ce43e2a9a.png

Compare that to some of her 0's
5b5da2d75726851e7c50c40c10e96b5f.png

Even to her 0's and O's written presumably at the same time
32924959b622a741e1caf1e3d682397a.png

Could the first three digits possibly be 660, 662, or 652 instead of 650?

Attachments

• 13a36e66133f03f0bc839ef8e3a67d3b.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 147
I'm obsessing over "These Eyes!" It's specific and odd enough that I feel like it's one of the few things we may actually be able to figure out, and I just can't stop coming back to it as I read about FLEK.

Here are some thoughts I'm having about the phone number:

I'm pretty confident that the first digit is a 6, and while the following two are probably 5 and 0, I'm not sure.

Could the second digit be another 6? Here are some of FLEK's other 5's:

b7a03920f4b360adbd7c087d38104ada.png

View attachment 66351

As you can see, she draws the tops separately, and they never seem to connect.

And here are some of her 2's:
View attachment 66352

Compare that to some of her 0's
View attachment 66353

Even to her 0's and O's written presumably at the same time
View attachment 66354

Could the first three digits possibly be 660, 662, or 652 instead of 650?
I agree with you! It looks like 650 to me, as if she wrote it in a hurry.

I made a side-by-side comparison of FLEK and the model from the ad

View attachment 66311

Wow. Out of all the possible matches offered thus far, this model from the contacts ad is the closest to FLEK in my book. Look at the teeth--diastema for both women. Look at the brows--shaped the same. The nose and nostrils--eerily similar.

Yes J123,
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?215655-Photos-Only-*NO-DISCUSSION*
"These Eyes" is written at the top of a ruled sheet of paper (so it appears) and then it seems as if the sheet of paper was written on from the bottom up to the top of the paper. Who does that? Seems odd.

Possible someone left-handed. My sister is a lefty and the way she writes, she gets pencil dust or ink all over the side of her hand and arm. Unless she writes from the bottom up.

Based on the snipped portions of print above, I think it may be 652.

Just clued into what you are referencing. I live in a French-Bilingual country, we don't pronounce the anglophone word Visage as 'vizij'. Makes sense what you're saying.

I found out today that in 1987 Kathy Jeung actually worked for Visages Style, a branch of Visages so yes that was probably Visages that she meant to write.

I just found this ad from an Annapolis Capital newspaper from January 4th, 1989. I also found the campaign in several other newspapers around the same time. Could FLEK have had something to do with the production of this ad?

Would the name of this shoot be "these eyes"? I'm thinking it would be known as the "EyeLab" shoot. But maybe these eyes was the slogan??

Don't know if anyone mention this, but the E`s in theses eyes are written different then the E`s in the rest of the notes, like two different people wrote these notes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back