FL FL - Daytona, WhtMale 2128UMFL, 11-21, near pond, denim jacket, May'72

I am very interested in Keith Dean Flemings case and story because he came up missing in Cocoa Beach Florida.There is a John Rodney McRae that was accused of other boys disappearances also.This link says he lived in Sharpes? It's not too far from Cocoa Beach Florida and Daytona Beach Florida. I'm just picking this apart a little bit please.Seeing if there is a possible connection with this Unidentified boy or teenager.I'm looking into this John Doe some more. I'll post things that I find.

http://murderpedia.org/male.M/m/mcrae-john-r.htm

McRae was 16 when he was convicted of first-degree murder in the 1950 knife torture-slaying of an 8-year-old Michigan boy, Joey Housey. The boy's body was discovered under a slab of broken sidewalk 25 feet from where McRae lived.

It doesn't look like he is in NAMUS. I wonder why. May someone can see if they can get him in there.It might help him.

I'm interested in this unidentified boys or possibly teenagers case and story.Did you or anyone ever find out if there was a jail or detention home near there?

No, but thank you for the reminder. I think SilentSleuth was checking? I can do some searching this week to see if they were there in 1972.

I am very interested in Keith Dean Flemings case and story because he came up missing in Cocoa Beach Florida.There is a John Rodney McRae that was accused of other boys disappearances also.This link says he lived in Sharpes? It's not too far from Cocoa Beach Florida and Daytona Beach Florida. I'm just picking this apart a little bit please.Seeing if there is a possible connection with this Unidentified boy or teenager.I'm looking into this John Doe some more. I'll post things that I find.

http://murderpedia.org/male.M/m/mcrae-john-r.htm

McRae was 16 when he was convicted of first-degree murder in the 1950 knife torture-slaying of an 8-year-old Michigan boy, Joey Housey. The boy's body was discovered under a slab of broken sidewalk 25 feet from where McRae lived.

One of the articles on Murderpedia says McRae got out of prison in Michigan in Feb 72, but didn't move to Florida until 3 years later when his parole ended. But still...

This one caught my eye because of the odd sketch and the shaved pubic region. I had the same thought as you: that he was possibly a male prostitute. It sounds like he died a violent death. There's not much to go on, but if I had to guess, I'd say maybe he was a runaway who was trying to support himself and got picked up by the wrong person.

Not a lot of teen boys listed from that time period. Here are a few. I wish we had more info on both them and the UID:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1270dmpa.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4429dmny.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kelly_dermot.html
I think Thomas Meuse is a good match.Were they ever checked or was he ever turned in?

I have been looking for Richard Griener for a while, and I don't think it's him for a couple reasons.
1. Richard was younger.
2. Shorter.
3. And weighed less.
3. He disappeared while sledding, so why would he be wearing loafers?
4. Illinois to Florida is a long way.
5. The clothes aren't the same.
6. He had a wallet with him...why would a kid sledding have a wallet with him?

Another article about the exhumation, with lots of forensic details:
http://www.ocalapost.com/body-exhumed-cold-case-file-volusia-county-florida/

The most interesting information was this: he might be younger than they thought. I'm curious about that since he has all 32 teeth.

Evidence of his wounds was still apparent to the trained eye. Dr. Warren also made the first new discovery: the victim may have been younger than originally thought. It was believed that the victim was in his late teens or early twenties. However, Dr. Warren saw evidence that the victim may have actually been in his early teens, but his observations will be verified during a more thorough examination at a later date.

The article also indicates that most of the old case files have disappeared, so they're more or less starting from scratch.

I suppose it'll be a while before we hear any results from this.

Was there ever any verification on the younger age estimate?

The NCMEC poster doesn't completely confirm it, but I think the fact that the poster included the younger age range says that it's likely accurate.
If that's the case then I wonder what exactly caused them to revise it -- all 32 teeth at age 11-14 seems extremely rare.

"Shaved pubic region" also seems strange, not impossible for a male prostitute to be so young but I wonder if they made an assumption there based on him appearing much older.

Richard William Griener was suggested in 2014 by Silent Sleuth up thread

Just updating for the comparison with new recon

RGriener.jpg
20677B16-CC2E-48C8-9B68-D13F7EF091E8.jpeg
805DMIL - Richard William Griener

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of feel dirty for even wondering about such a thing, but were there nicks/scrapes or anything else to suggest shaving?

NamUS doesn't say anything about a shaved crotch. Nor does NCMEC.

Without some kind of proof that crotch-shaving is what really happened, I'm inclined to believe that he could be at the lower end of the age range and just hadn't grown pubes yet.

John Wayne Gacy had land in Florida. I haven't been able to figure out where and when he purchased it. The first time I read about this case, I suspected him, not sure why.

Wisdom teeth start developing around 14 years of age. That's about the time I found out I only had one. It didn't erupt until my 20s. The description says he had them, which could mean they were in the development stage, and that he had them. It may not mean they were above the gum line.
As far as shaving the pubic hair-the victim may not have been the one to do it. It could have been something done to him as part of his brutalization. It's very possible he did have pubic hair even if he were the youngest age in the range. Everyone develops at different rates, and puberty can start as young as 9 years old.

My son is 10 and already has wisdom teeth....varies from individual to individual. We went to the dentist last month and you could clearly see them on the x-rays. I agree that they may have meant present as in "there", but not erupted.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back