Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #11 *Arrest*

No wires crossed :). His trial was originally docketed to start today but got postponed (again!) last month. The new date is still July 17. I don't know if that's the actual trial date or yet another preliminary hearing. Hopefully the court is ready to get this show on the road.
:waiting:

Let's hope it is the Real Thing. The docket does say that it is taking place in "Superior Court," and that is usually where murder trials are tried. It could still be something else, but oftentimes, hearings & the like are held in District Courts. So let's be hopeful, as we always are, ya know, that it will be jury selection time for GG. Grrrrrr.

It's time for Justice for the Little One.

Well I hope he's still behind bars while postponing/stalling the inevitable.....

Argh! New trial date: Jan. 11, 2016, 9 a.m. Apparently Gaeta waived his right to a trial by July 1, 2015.

WTH is going on?? [emoji14]ullhair:

http://www.centralkitsapreporter.com/news/306536401.html

Here's a summary:

http://dw.courts.wa.gov/index.cfm?f...S&casekey=168703779&courtname=KITSAP SUPERIOR

I think he still has the July 17 hearing but it's just a status hearing but who even knows anymore...
Waived his right to a trial? Meaning a judge will decide on the case?

Can any of the attorneys weigh in on why this case in particular is taking so long? It seems pretty straightforward, the DNA evidence is there, GG didn't want to take the psych evaluation. Why postpone it again for 7 more months?

Waived his right to a trial? Meaning a judge will decide on the case?

No, he waived his right to a "speedy" trial - meaning he agreed to postpone it. Here's what the article said:

In the document, Gaeta signed that he understood he had a right to a trial by July 1, 2015, but that he waived that right and agreed to a new commencement date of Dec. 1, 2015, with the last allowable date for a trial being Jan 31, 2016.

What the heck is going on? Like Peppery said, it's pretty straight forward.

On May 15 there was a motion hearing to waive the speedy trial. Motion was granted and the June 1 trial was stricken from the record. The link I gave in my post timed out so you can go to: http://dw.courts.wa.gov/ and do a name search to see the latest. It looks like the July 17 is still on. It's an Omnibus hearing.

I had to look up Omnibus hearing. It's basically a punch list to make sure all discovery is complete, motions are ruled on, etc. Don't you think all that would have been completed by now? Grr.

http://www.courts.wa.gov/court_rules/?fa=court_rules.display&group=sup&set=CrR&ruleid=supCrR4.05

So... :waiting: once again.

You have to be kidding me? :gaah:

This is ridiculous, you did the crime.. stop messing about. How about having some compassion for Jenise' family and loved ones and just get it over with?

Grrrrrrrrrrr. Argh. And all that. Just dammit.

Maybe we'll find out why one day... SMH. Makes me wanna holler. Maybe I'll go out & just stand in the street and scream. SMH. Where's my voodoo doll? Maybe this delay will end up biting the defendant and his attys in the azz. May the trial, whenever it happens, be as quick as the delays have been long.

Grace to her little family. At least we know that little Jenise is running & jumping & playing & eating ice cream & surrounded by a deep and wondrous love that we down here cannot begin to imagine.

Grrrrrrrrrrr. Argh. And all that. Just dammit.

Maybe we'll find out why one day... SMH. Makes me wanna holler. Maybe I'll go out & just stand in the street and scream. SMH. Where's my voodoo doll? Maybe this delay will end up biting the defendant and his attys in the azz. May the trial, whenever it happens, be as quick as the delays have been long.

Grace to her little family. At least we know that little Jenise is running & jumping & playing & eating ice cream & surrounded by a deep and wondrous love that we down here cannot begin to imagine.
We don't know Jenise is running and jumping and playing and smiling joyfully bc she's now dead and reaping the glories of heaven . I'm sorry, but it makes me upset when I read posts where people say the dead child is in a better place. The ONLY place a child should be is with her mom and dad - and the murdering rapist most certainly did not put her in a wonderful playground of ice cream, puppies, and rainbows. If she's in a better place, why are we fighting for justice for this guy?

I mean no disrespect - I am sure you are only trying to picture something positive for Jenise, but the reality is she was brutally taken away from the ONLY place she should be - in her mother's arms, on Earth. There is no better place than that.

We don't know Jenise is running and jumping and playing and smiling joyfully bc she's now dead and reaping the glories of heaven . I'm sorry, but it makes me upset when I read posts where people say the dead child is in a better place. The ONLY place a child should be is with her mom and dad - and the murdering rapist most certainly did not put her in a wonderful playground of ice cream, puppies, and rainbows. If she's in a better place, why are we fighting for justice for this guy?

I mean no disrespect - I am sure you are only trying to picture something positive for Jenise, but the reality is she was brutally taken away from the ONLY place she should be - in her mother's arms, on Earth. There is no better place than that.

Well, I beg to differ.. I understand your position but many of us believe that when we die we do go to a better place. No suffering, no pain, No heartache.
I believe that she is now at rest and happy. I always hope that the life after completely shadows these kinds of deaths.

We fight for justice because he had no right to take her life. He had no right to harm her. She may be at rest but he still needs to pay the piper and answer to our laws and his crimes.

I, too, have to imagine the lost babies are in a ' better place'. That does not necessarily mean better than with their parents. It means better than where they were at the end . I can only do this WS thing if I think they are all together laughing and playing somewhere wonderful after what they've gone through.
While this guy gets to delay and delay and has the right to take all the time he needs, I just think why didn't he give Jenise a delay? Give her 2 more minutes to run and hide or make it back home. Did she get one more SECOND to decide what course of action to take next? ******* you , GG . All the time in the world will not stop what is coming your way.

Just thinking about Jenise as it gets closer to one year since her tragic death.

We had another scare with a 7 year old little girl from the area missing last night. She went missing at 8:30 pm, reported to LE at 10 and pretty extensive searching including dogs. She was found safe but it's a mystery where she was from 8:30 pm to 3 am when she was found wandering on her own street in the middle of a massive search. Bizzare.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Well... it's the 17th and no news yet on GG's omnibus hearing. His name no longer appears in the court dockets but I don't know why. One place to check next week is:

http://www.centralkitsapreporter.com/news/

It probably doesn't matter since his trial won't begin until the end of the year. I'm just antsy for news...

Thanks for that link, MsMarple!! Hope you're doing fine & dandy!!!

Justice for Jenise.

Currently on vacation in WA to see family. I couldn't help but think about GG as we passed the exit on hwy 16 that takes you right to the juvenile detention center where he was until moved to the county jail.

Justice for that sweet little girl CANNOT come soon enough.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back