UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Uploaded on Mar 13, 2010

Donal MacIntyre investigates the disappearance and suspected murder of Claudia Lawrence exclusively for the Sunday Express. This video includes a direct, emotional appeal to the public from her father, Peter. For the very latest on the Claudia Lawrence investigation go to: www.sundayexpress.co.uk"

[video=youtube;1-jk7oc8MSQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-jk7oc8MSQ[/video]

The program in question is nothing to do with the above posted video, Donal MacIntyre Unsolved was a one hour Doc on C.I. last night. It is much more recent that the above video as it includes the odd CCTV footage of the man lurking around the alley at the back of Claudia Lawrence's house at around 7pm on the Wends night and then 5 am on the Thurs morning. (although it looks almost certain they are the same man to me, nothing is conclusive).

The Doc takes into account that there are now questions about when Claudia went missing and throws doubt on her being taken while on her way to work. Mentioned that much attention has focused on the alleyway behind her house. Clarified for me that whoever took Claudia knew her. Also made clear that the main problem with the crime is that there is no crime scene, or rather that it has never been located.

Going back to the odd CCTV footage, what on earth was that man doing? He only disappeared into the alleyway for just over a minute each time. At first it struck me as classic drug dealing behaviour, including hanging back when a person is walking by. If that is the case though then surely he would have been captured many more times repeating the pattern other days? The only explanation I can come up with is that man must have been meeting with someone to hand over something - physical or information, is that someone Claudia or a suspect?

I just caught the end of it and then my mum phoned, so didn't really see it. Was it any good?

It was quite good. Nothing new, but a good run-through of the evidence from the beginning to recent.

The most interesting part was the fact that Claudia's mum was heavily featured in the show, which was nice to see because normally we don't get to hear her thoughts on the case.

Hope it gets repeated, I've only just seen this message [emoji43]

I checked the TV guide and its on again at 9pm tonight. :)

What channel is this on? I'm playing catch up here!

[video=youtube;9FXcPd3rwuA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FXcPd3rwuA[/video]
"Published on Nov 9, 2015

Donal MacIntyre Unsolved: The Murder of Claudia Elizabeth Lawrence

Donal revisits so called 'cold cases' which never have been closed and have never had successful convictions. This episode looks at the disappearance and murder of 35-year-old British chef Claudia Elizabeth Lawrence."

I watched the episode last night on CBS reality, the Sky reporter said he was threatened to 'leave it alone' when he was interviewing folk. IMO that takes money to enforce. Look to who had most to lose if their relationship with Claudia were to come out. Also at the end Donal suggests that he thinks Claudia went willingly with somebody the night before, probably taking her work things with her to go straight to work the next day after staying the night somewhere else. I wonder if the Police triangulated any phones for that evening.

I caught of a bit of this last night.

Slightly o/t but I noticed Donal pronounced Heworth as "hay-worth" whereas I had always assumed (and thought I had heard) it was "hugh-worth". Skibaboo, you used to live there, which is it?

I caught of a bit of this last night.

Slightly o/t but I noticed Donal pronounced Heworth as "hay-worth" whereas I had always assumed (and thought I had heard) it was "hugh-worth". Skibaboo, you used to live there, which is it?

You're right CMC, hugh-worth. Although how it's spoken, it's more like hughef lol

[video=youtube;9FXcPd3rwuA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FXcPd3rwuA[/video]
"Published on Nov 9, 2015

Donal MacIntyre Unsolved: The Murder of Claudia Elizabeth Lawrence

Donal revisits so called 'cold cases' which never have been closed and have never had successful convictions. This episode looks at the disappearance and murder of 35-year-old British chef Claudia Elizabeth Lawrence."
Thanks for this Dotr will bookmark and watch tomorrow.

I watched the episode last night on CBS reality, the Sky reporter said he was threatened to 'leave it alone' when he was interviewing folk. IMO that takes money to enforce. Look to who had most to lose if their relationship with Claudia were to come out. Also at the end Donal suggests that he thinks Claudia went willingly with somebody the night before, probably taking her work things with her to go straight to work the next day after staying the night somewhere else. I wonder if the Police triangulated any phones for that evening.

I don't like quoting myself but it's easier than repeating what I said earlier. What if the guy wandering about at the back and side of the property was looking for a mate of his rather than Claudia. Maybe he didn't know they had gone somewhere else the night before and was looking for his car or presence at the property? Could be the man with the bag was wanting to catch up with his friend who he had given an alibi to.

Is it possible the man on CCTV was simply using the alley to go to the loo?

Is it possible the man on CCTV was simply using the alley to go to the loo?

I would think he wouldn't be phased by the bloke passing at the bottom if it was a toilet stop and he would have come forward by now. He's acting too suspicious for it to be a loo break, jmo. We have assumed he's looking for Claudia, I wonder now if he's looking for somebody who he'd alibi'd. Idk, but the threats tell me it wasn't a stranger abduction and the Police seem to be looking at more than one person so I'm trying to see how another can fit in.

http://www.gazetteseries.co.uk/news...urder_of_Iron_Acton_grandfather_Barry_Rubery/

Violent murder of Iron Acton grandfather Barry Rubery to feature in new Donal MacIntyre: Unsolved documentary on CBS Reality

Despite Crimewatch appeals, a £10,000 reward and extensive police investigations, no-one has ever been arrested for the killing which has left Barry’s family devastated.

Now, renowned investigative journalist Donal MacIntyre has spent months looking into the details of estate manager Barry for the hour-long documentary.

With access to case files and a team of experts including former Detective Chief Inspector for the Metropolitan Police, the series sees Donal investigating some of the most notorious and intriguing unsolved cases in the UK and also includes a programme on the disappearance of York chef Claudia Lawrence.

Episode 5 airs on Sunday, November 15 (9pm) on CBS Reality and explores in detail the events leading up to the violent killing of Barry, a local at The Lamb in Iron Acton.

I was gutted I missed that episode. Damn tivo box for not recording it.

I did catch the most recent episode about Penny Bell. That was very interesting. I like the show.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I did catch the most recent episode about Penny Bell. That was very interesting. I like the show.

I haven't seen any of them - must remember to look them up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dotr has posted the youtube video of Claudia's episode, its a few posts up this page. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle