Identified! CA - Mendocino Co, 2 WhtFem Teens, Jul'79 *Francine Trimble & Kerry Graham*

The Facebook for Mendocino Sheriff hasn't specified a time yet, simply "later today".

Mendocino Sheriff
5 hrs ·

The link below is from a BBC piece from 2012 regarding two missing teenagers, recently identified as Kerry Graham and Francine Trimble. Mendocino County Sheriff Allman and Sonoma County Steve Freitas will be holding a Press Conference later today to give the public an update on this cold case.

Naming the dead: Identifying murdered teenagers in 33-year-old cold case

I thought so too; that's why I brought it here for those that follow the thread. I think the date should be questioned and a rule out done.

I was hoping that they would clarify exactly when they changed Kerry's Date LKA and subsequently were alerted by NCIC that this was a potential match, but from what I can gather it was sometime in 2015.

Roselvr submitted this match in 2014.

So even if they didn't look into this based in Roslvr's submission, they should have. She was on record saying that the date discrepancy should be questioned before it actually was questioned, and I see nothing on any other forum to suggest that anyone questioned it before she did. Several did afterward, but none before.

So IMO, Roselvr deserves the Match!, and I am flagging the thread as such.

Congrats, Roselvr.

I was hoping that they would clarify exactly when they changed Kerry's Date LKA and subsequently were alerted by NCIC that this was a potential match, but from what I can gather it was sometime in 2015.

Roselvr submitted this match in 2014.

So even if they didn't look into this based in Roslvr's submission, they should have. She was on record saying that the date discrepancy should be questioned before it actually was questioned, and I see nothing on any other forum to suggest that anyone questioned it before she did. Several did afterward, but none before.

So IMO, Roselvr deserves the Match!, and I am flagging the thread as such.

Congrats, Roselvr.

Congrats Roselvr!!!!!

Thanks Carl and SSA for having my back!
I have been having electronics issues for the last month. My blackberry died, the one they sent me also died, new one should get here today. Add to it my keyboard on my Mac started typing the wrong letters after a flash update. I'm waiting on a new keyboard, I don't know if that will fix the issue. B is C, C is D while others make no sense. Right now I'm on another computer that usually doesn't run.

Anyway, Once I can reply to Carrie, I want to know who she turned my match into.
Have to sign off, my grandson needs me. Be back when I can

It should be noted that at the time that Roselvr contacted Todd Mathews and Carrie Southerland of NamUs, Francine Trimble's name was nowhere in the public domain, except for just her name being noted in the circumstances section of Kerry Graham's NamUs MP casefile.

Kerry's Date Last Known Alive (DateLKA) was listed in NamUs as December 1979 (i.e., a full year after she was last seen alive, and several months after the remains of the two girls were found. A guy named Justin, who assists Meaghan at Charley Project with researching cases, created a MP casefile for Francine in 2015, and I contacted her elementary school and obtained two photos of Francine from the 1977 and 1978 yearbooks.

When Francine's casefile came online, it reflected the correct Date LKA, and it was only after that, that several people spoke up that the Dates LKA were a year apart despite that they disappeared together, and therefore, one of them must be incorrect.

So in 2014, when the only public mention of Francine Trimble was a notation in Kerry Graham's NamUs page, it was not so obvious that the dates should be questioned.

And because of this, Roselvr deserves kudos for connecting these two girls to the Mendocino case at a time when it wasn't so obvious.

I read the following article on the BBC website, and it says that shortly after a series of stories that included these UIDs was published in 2012, Kerry's sister contacted authorities because she thought that one of the UIDs might be Kerry. Does anyone know when that happened? It would be odd that it took until 2015/2016 for the match to be confirmed.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35452690

I read the following article on the BBC website, and it says that shortly after a series of stories that included these UIDs was published in 2012, Kerry's sister contacted authorities because she thought that one of the UIDs might be Kerry. Does anyone know when that happened? It would be odd that it took until 2015/2016 for the match to be confirmed.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35452690

We were told by the investigator that he was alerted to the possible match by NCIC after he corrected Kerry's Date of Last Contact in the NCIC system. As soon as the correction was made, the system immediately alerted on this case as a possible match. We are pretty sure that was in 2015. What we don't know is what prompted him to check the casefile again to verify the Date of Last Contact. But we do know that Roselvr contacted Todd Matthews and Carrie Southerland back in August of 2014. So it was at the very least four months prior to them correcting the DLC in NCIC.

This article is from an online news blog in neighboring Humboldt county. The comments are always worth reading. :) Lots of questions and theories about who killed them. Someone from WS should post a link to this thread. I've watched this unfold here. Congratulations Roselvr!

The two bodies, initially identified as a male and a female, are now known to be two teenage girls–Kerry Graham and Francine Trimble. The two were best friends and last seen December of 1978 in Forestville on their way to the Coddingtown Mall in Santa Rosa.

http://kymkemp.com/2016/02/02/mendo...two-young-girls-found-in-1979-are-identified/

It would not surprise me if Kerry's sister hit on these Jane Doe's, esp once Carl changed the info here as well as what we were doing on NFM with Carl's recon. I don't know if she saw Carl's recons, or what, but she had called on Arroyo Grande which set the wheels in motion for her to be posted in Arroyo's thread, where I saw Kerry; brought her here. Once the Doe's had DNA, it was just a matter of time before they were matched period.

we were told by the investigator that he was alerted to the possible match by ncic after he corrected kerry's date of last contact in the ncic system. As soon as the correction was made, the system immediately alerted on this case as a possible match. We are pretty sure that was in 2015. What we don't know is what prompted him to check the casefile again to verify the date of last contact. But we do know that roselvr contacted todd matthews and carrie southerland back in august of 2014. So it was at the very least four months prior to them correcting the dlc in ncic.

08-02-2014, 02:59 pm #316

brought over from nv - henderson, "arroyo grande" whtfem 258ufnv, 14-25, oct'80 *graphic*

charley project just created a new casefile for kerry graham, and included a better photo.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/graham_kerry.html

7eb4e88c-08ed-439b-a486-441431c66a5e.jpg
images
42332eb1-dacb-4143-b0f6-b238ab886f50.jpg

she does have a 7-8 gap. Now i see why they are interested in her as an arroyo grande possible, though her resemblance to agjd is kind of iffy. And if her listed height is correct, she would be too short.
searching for more details about kerry ann graham...

Seems it is thought that she left on her on accord with a female friend. But no information is available about the friend - except to say that neither of the two girls have been seen since. Wonder who this other girl is -- can't find any other female reported missing from forestville, ca. Hmmmm....

Both girls had ties to new jersey and halifax, nova scotia.

In her m&ec prolife it states...
Kerry was last seen on december 24, 1979. She may be with a female companion. They may have traveled to new jersey. When kerry was last seen she had blonde highlights in her hair. She has freckles, pierced ears, and a scar on her left arm from the removal of a cancerous growth. It also states that kerry was a smoker in 1979.
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/ncmc/1225186/1
hair color is listed as auburn and eyes are listed as green. It would be great to see kerry with her natural hair color, auburn. I have to admit that there are quite a few similarities, imo.

what if they have her missing date wrong where she was actually last seen christmas eve 1978? We have no clue who the friend is; but this case is 2 girls. I do not follow either case; but am throwing out for you guys.

I believe that the during the press conference, the Mendocino Sheriff incorrectly states that the body misidentified as a male belonged to Francine, and It is repeated in the news articles that the "male" was Francine. From everything that I can gather, it appears that it was Kerry who was misidentified as male.

If you look closely at Kerry's photo, you can see her lower teeth, and they much better resemble the lower teeth on the mistakenly-labeled-male skull shown in the BBC article. The "female" skull in the BBC article has much more crooked lower teeth than the visible lower teeth in Kerry's photo.

Also Francine had a broader rounder face, which corresponds to the "female" skull.

And thirdly, Francine's necklace in her 8th grade photo (not the one shown here) shows her wearing a necklace with charms very closely resembling the "earring" assigned to the "female".

is there a transcript of the press conference?

It is good to see an official release and rather mind blowing to recognise Carl's reconstructions on my homepage here at home. Now they can have their names and rest in peace.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...4/news-story/0d4bc4485e7b0685791b4b03594ef793

I'm not sure if they were here or at our album on NFM. Possibly here since they say online sleuths
I see they need contacted to fix Carl's recon to give him credit not NCMEC. I'm so glad I asked Carl to do recons since no one fixed the gender except NamUs.

On Wednesday, Mendocino County Sheriff Tom Allman confirmed what online sleuths had speculated for years — that the bodies did indeed belong to best friends Kerry Ann Graham, 15, and Francine Trimble, 14.

I don't know where they're getting years from except it was a year and a half ago that I brought Kerry over to this thread. Very emotional today. I have not had time to read the articles. I've tried watching the presser a few times, it always stops. The farthest I got was the prisoner in NJ. Why wasn't it figured out that he was 12 before CA LE came all the way to NJ?

I believe that the during the press conference, the Mendocino Sheriff incorrectly states that the body misidentified as a male belonged to Francine, and It is repeated in the news articles that the "male" was Francine. From everything that I can gather, it appears that it was Kerry who was misidentified as male.

If you look closely at Kerry's photo, you can see her lower teeth, and they much better resemble the lower teeth on the mistakenly-labeled-male skull shown in the BBC article. The "female" skull in the BBC article has much more crooked lower teeth than the visible lower teeth in Kerry's photo.

Also Francine had a broader rounder face, which corresponds to the "female" skull.

And thirdly, Francine's necklace in her 8th grade photo (not the one shown here) shows her wearing a necklace with charms very closely resembling the "earring" assigned to the "female".

I agree and think they messed up saying Kerry was the female. It's on my list when I speak to Carrie unless we can get SSA to call the Sheriff back for clarification so that maybe he can let everyone know he was wrong?

They're saying the earring was Kerry's. It amazes me that we see it like this now, but before they made it look like a post earring.

Kerry's sister called Arroyo's LE to have her compared so I wonder if Kerry's family ever questioned the remains before since the one recon resembles her with the hair, but it's possible they didn't see that one since the other set was used more. It really blows me away that both families knew they were missing together but they were never connected together until recently.

I wonder why they're using that old photo of Francine instead of the newer one you got? She really matured in the time frame between the 2 photos.

Missing US children from 1979 identified after BBC story

attachment.php
An earring found at the crime scene. Family members say it belonged to Kerry Ann Graham

Attachments

• _88065810_pp-earring.jpg
    _88065810_pp-earring.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 343

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members